Commander GT PRO - 168V 20" 3000wh

28 minutes ago, Ronin Ryder said:

New 3d render of the Commander GT Pro:

b3e905d5d9b11f0288652ea424d1cc9.jpg

I love the commander style box shape. I think it's the best shape for pad placement customization. 

Also the parking stand is not in the way when riding down stairs. 

Front handle for breaking is becoming standard.

Not orange.

All in all great improvements for EUCs in my opinion. 

Edited by xiiijojjo
  • Like 2

looks nice, simple design. 
Big battery case seems to be very similiar size to comander Pro (3600wh) - sooo..... maybe GT Pro will have not 3 but 3,6 kWh battery ? If yes GT Pro will offer 1/3 more range than Veteran Lynx :clap3:

Edited by Greg X

• 2 weeks later...
33 minutes ago, InfiniteWheelie said:

Somehow Begode always manages to make their wheel look like stereotypical Chinese junk. It looks like a full sized version of a plastic toy model.

Maybe that's because they designed this wheel in like four weeks. Leaperkim didn't release early information on the Lynx, they just showed it right when they sent out samples to the testers! Poor Begode (well, Extreme Bull actually, I made the same "mistake", it's just Begode in spirit I guess) did have to use the fast copy mode on their must-one-up-everyone-else machine:D (after showing a minimal rendering a few days after the Lynx reveal, just to have something). No time for non-basic design work!

The pure plastic and angular power pads don't help either, I think. Remind me of Transformers toys and such.

Whatever, competition is good, and this wheel surely will be good, too.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Jason McNeil said:

- Controller: 48x HY G100N200 FETs 132A x 8 = 1056A max peak current. By way of comparison, the CP 50S is 132A x 6 = 792A & CP 132A x 4 = 528A 

Once the Lynx/GT PROs enter general circulation, will this result in daredevils routinely cruising at these speeds, or will be it similar to owning a Ferrari, where the vehicle is potentially capable of these eye-watering speeds, but very few owners will? 

it is impressive how evolution has been able to produce a creature capable of blinding itself and ignoring the obvious dangers, all in pursuit of the immeasurable pleasure of experiencing speed like no other.   I believe this (above) will be the case for a large part of the buyers, personally I think that speeds above 70 kmph are too much of a good thing when you are only riding one wheel, and basically no real brakes. (and no ABS...  ;))    But it's great to have the huge safety margin, and then just the thought of the possibility of smoking the other riders.

1056 amps  That's alotta!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Robse said:

1056 amps  That's alotta!

Is it possible I can power my home off the wheel? Or perhaps keep a T-Rex within an electrical confinement?

IMG_0742.thumb.jpeg.17638c3a3a5d60cb507a72f56257ac3c.jpeg

Edited by BKW
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Jason McNeil said:

Here's what we've got so far. Please bear in mind that some of these specs are provisional & may change as they reach closer to production. If there's additional questions, place them in the thread & I'll do my best to get answers over there in the next few days.

- Controller: 48x HY G100N200 FETs 132A x 8 = 1056A max peak current. By way of comparison, the CP 50S is 132A x 6 = 792A & CP 132A x 4 = 528A 
- Battery: will only be offered witih the 50S cells 
- Max Charge: 20A x 168V = 3,360W, will need to be validated with a thermal camera. Fitted with 2x GX20-3 connectors 
- Motor: 4KW nominal power output, BG says that the process of the windings on this GT PRO is different than on the CP 50S. Will try to get a comparative dyno power graph of the motor torque curve.
- Weight: Net weight of 47kg/103.6lb 
- Pedal Height: has three different pedal positions 230, 240, 250mm. Even on the lowest setting, this is quite high...
- Tire: has that super-wide Maxxis 21" 100/90-14

Takeaway thoughts:  the shared track video is pretty tame, it's doubtful there will be an immediate head-to-head testing against the Lynx in China with the fierce competition/animosity between BG & LK. The GT PRO is sort of in a different class of every other machine that's been produced, like a raw 'technology demonstrator', of what a single Wheel is potentially capable of, without fussing over the aesthetic, limiters, or other constraints.

In a track setting, the weight, balance, handling, acceleration/braking performance, & finely tuned suspensions are probably more important characteristics than the maximum speed. In current/future spec sheets, manufacturers need to start adding a 0-50 MPH & braking performance for providing a more rounded picture of the torque/acceleration. Begode has committed to getting the first samples flown out later this week, which means a first week of Jan for the first hands-on reviews. Once the Lynx/GT PROs enter general circulation, will this result in daredevils routinely cruising at these speeds, or will be it similar to owning a Ferrari, where the vehicle is potentially capable of these eye-watering speeds, but very few owners will?  

CommanderPro-Comparisons.thumb.jpg.638b7d67defd141840fccfb241e2cfeb.jpg

AdjustablePedalHeight.jpg.7c5b3e4e16f0b6f9c4dd17534ffe8fc8.jpg

You mentioned high pedals. These days there are many mods that allow to lower the pedals, so im not concerned that these will be available for this wheel as well. Very promising wheel! 

Edited by Ronin Ryder

3 hours ago, Jason McNeil said:

Controller: 48x HY G100N200 FETs

I think it must be HYG100N20 like Lynx used? 

I see no -N200 product from Huyai, but great if you could confirm. 
Sometimes Shenzen gets ahold of new parts that haven't made the corporate webpage yet. 
But since -N20 is rated for 200V input, it seems like a likely typo.

Lynx used 6 parallels; GTPro will be 8. Sounds great :) 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Personally I love the fact that Begode/Extreme Bull has fast turn arounds on their designs.

Yep, we are very lucky that Begode/EB are pushing boundaries and aren't a reactive snoozefest like the others (at least in comparison, not saying they are in absolute terms). EUCs would suck if we didn't have them and their influence (given that KS and Leaperkim are offshoots, there would barely be any wheels!).

• Like 1

It's another very utilitarian, almost brutishly boxy design, which I am not so keen on personally, but I appreciate that's about all they can do if they want to offer such a large flat area for pads. Very nice that we're getting adjustable pedal heights 'as standard' these days too. And finally a decent road tyre out of the box. I guess most of it is metal too if the huge weight is anything to go by...

It's at least another year 'til I am due for a new wheel, but this one, or one of its future incarnations seems like a worthy contender, pending real-world tests of course...

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Cerbera said:

It's another very utilitarian, almost brutishly boxy design, which I am not so keen on personally, but I appreciate that's about all they can do if they want to offer such a large flat area for pads. Very nice that we're getting adjustable pedal heights 'as standard' these days too. And finally a decent road tyre out of the box. I guess most of it is metal too if the huge weight is anything to go by...

It's at least another year 'til I am due for a new wheel, but this one, or one of its future incarnations seems like a worthy contender, pending real-world tests of course...

I understand the sentiment but at the end of the day isn't it about the riding experience? I rarely admire the looks of my wheel when I'm riding it :)

• Like 1

lots of smart advice in the above thread. all noobs should read it carefully. i'm also in that category, that i need all my limbs.

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

they are the ones pushing our sport forward.

sport forward, but maybe euc use backwards. i have several pretty young ladies in their mid thirties that can't wait to get wheel riding lessons from me. had to cancel one yesterday because i'm just too busy.

but if they stumble across threads like marty's, they will all cancel. and i'd bet u any amount of money, none of them would ever work on a wheel. probably wouldn't trust them to charge one, and they are tomboy types, the way i like them.

in real estate, there are three rules and only three:

location, location, location.

i'd like to see euc use increase for whatever wheel, or pev, or golf cart, etc etc, and not see humans get hurt. i'm teaching the girls on grass so they shouldn't get hurt. we are gonna go real slow just like i taught myself out here in 2017. and still learning. 

so, to me, pushing euc use forward, should be:

safety, safety, safety.  and until there are service centers located around the country, ease of maintenance and great instructional videos. to increase market share. 

not everybody is looking for a hobby. most harley riders don't work on their harleys. they just wanna ride. i fall into that category with wheels. but who could i trust?

Edited by novazeus
  • Like 2

I do hope they add some kind of "protector" for battery case corners.. Sure people can 3D print shit loads of addons. But i'm not into that. Wheels should come out of factory made for falls and such in mind.

Props for simple box shape, but it looks ugly. Anyways ill take functionality over aesthetics. Can't speak much about it, as it's another heavy brick shaped brick.. So i'll leave at that.

Ohh and i hate adjustable pedal heights.. Those are weak points as pedals are held by simple screws. All weight goes on screw and they can come loose over time, or worse break off mid ride! Also not fan of that trolley handle...

Spoiler

Personally i'm waiting for something decent to be released in 20-25kg (45-55lbs) weight. 4 years and counting. :efeee20b79:

Edited by Funky

2 hours ago, Ronin Ryder said:

You mentioned high pedals. Is it still possible for Begode to make the pedal height adjustable to allow them to be lower like on the ex30?

https://www.ewheels.com/product/extreme-bull-gt-pro-3000wh-battery-4000w-motor-8kw-peak/

In the Q/A section.

image.thumb.png.a6a36e73319fd732340837f71abb1392.png

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

I understand the sentiment but at the end of the day isn't it about the riding experience? I rarely admire the looks of my wheel when I'm riding it :)

Oh very much so, hence me considering it for purchase at some point despite not being so keen on the look...

But IM (particularly V13/14) and KS (to lesser extent) show us how 'boxy' can also be very sleek and soft-contoured, and I rather hoped that trend might influence other manufacturers more in that direction.

Edited by Cerbera
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I've personally liked how all the commander series EUCs have looked. I think they look cool. I don't like the flashy stuff and I like it simple and utilitarian. I also love how they have designed the trolley handle ruggedness. Basically, you buy the trolley handle on the CP and above and you got a handle for life, unlike the countless times I've had to buy trolley handles and rails for my sherman *shutters*. I've literally probably dropped 600 just replacing the trolley system in different ways since I've had the sherman

• Like 2

I think the commander pro looks way better than the commander GT pro. Just the panel lines and overall shape looks much nicer and finished. The gt pro looks like they just made the commander mini way bigger. At the end of the day though, people slap a bunch of bumpers and fairing kits on their wheel anyways so the looks are secondary to me. I wanna know how it rides

Also this is the extremebull 168v wheel no? Begode should be coming with their own 168v wheel eventually