Commander GT PRO - 168V 20" 3000wh

The top speed of Commander GT Pro according to ewheels' website is 70+ mph, folks.

Some euc top speed records are going to come down.

The top speed of the ET Max can't be much different.

Racing and group rides are going to be interesting. Will Lynx riders be able to stay at the front of a group ride. 

There were some people who thought 55+ mph top speed was nuts after wheels such as the V13 and the Master were released.

Well, for 2024, it looks like the bar has been raised.

Is @Ronin Ryder going to be testing the top speed of the these 70+ mph wheels in the cut-out tunnel? Perhaps freeway time?

It looks like the NYC testers will have to find a new venue.

Wasn't Roger already on a hwy/freeway when he went 56 mph indicated speed.

Looks like Dubai and SoCal folks will be the ones showing us 70+ mph speeds?

Edited by techyiam

Posted (edited)
On 1/7/2024 at 2:47 AM, techyiam said:

The top speed of Commander GT Pro according to ewheels' website is 70+ mph, folks.

Racing and group rides are going to be interesting. Will Lynx riders be able to stay at the front of a group ride. 

There were some people who thought 55+ mph top speed was nuts after wheels such as the V13 and the Master were released.

Is @Ronin Ryder going to be testing the top speed of the these 70+ mph wheels in the cut-out tunnel? Perhaps freeway time?

We will see, it all depends on how easily it is to to accelerate. Im curious about the difference performance wise between the GT PRO and ET MAX. Is there any? 

Edited by Ronin Ryder

14 minutes ago, Ronin Ryder said:

Im curious about the difference performance wise between the GT PRO and ET MAX. Is there any? 

I'm pretty sure you will know the answer before I will. :) 

I am pretty much indifferent about their top speed difference in any case.

I don't even have an 50 mph wheel yet. Either one will have way more headroom than I need.

If I were to venture a guess, I would probably be more interested in the GT Pro because of the suspension.

On 1/7/2024 at 2:47 AM, techyiam said:

Is it a Begode or what?  Like Librikim? Sherman?  I've lost track of them.  

11 hours ago, techyiam said:

I'm pretty sure you will know the answer before I will. :) 

I am pretty much indifferent about their top speed difference in any case.

I don't even have an 50 mph wheel yet. Either one will have way more headroom than I need.

If I were to venture a guess, I would probably be more interested in the GT Pro because of the suspension.

I will find out if the Extreme Bull GT PRO, 3,000Wh Battery/4,000W Motor (8KW Peak) - ewheels.com can do its 70+ mph rated speed.  Till then, I can do 51 on the Master. when the wind is right.  For example:

The Master reaches a "torque-limit" at 50'ish depending on the wind.  Most days my peak speeds are in the upper 40's per torque-margin vs wind feel.  The BG Extreme gets me to 47'ish mph per that same torque feel (which is predicted per the motor differences).  

And those same motor differences (C-38 speed (Master, EB GT), vs C-40 (Extreme, Lynx)) offer hope that the higher voltage will deliver the torque.  

So what about cooling?  After all, that is supposedly the reason for the motor-rating.  Or is it more like current limits? Or better yet switching time vs dwell time limits? (my perception and perception why BG rocks and Cell-types matter).  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Elliott Reitz said:

The Master reaches a "torque-limit" at 50'ish depending on the wind.  Most days my peak speeds are in the upper 40's per torque-margin vs wind feel.  The BG Extreme gets me to 47'ish mph per that same torque feel (which is predicted per the motor differences).  

By that, do you mean you use the torque-feel as feedback as to when your wheel has reached its torque-limit, and therefore, the top speed that you are willing to ride at. You don't use PWM margins to assist you in deciding when that top speed has been reached?

At 45-ish mph speeds, how much more stable is the Master over the Extreme.

And what are the tires you are using on each wheel.

6 hours ago, Elliott Reitz said:

So what about cooling?  After all, that is supposedly the reason for the motor-rating.  Or is it more like current limits? Or better yet switching time vs dwell time limits? (my perception and perception why BG rocks and Cell-types matter).  

After a fast ride, you can cautiously place you hand on the motor covers to see how hot it got.

I believe the maximum continuous power rating is limited by heat.

And the maximum peak power rating is limited by current (coil windings).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, techyiam said:

By that, do you mean you use the torque-feel as feedback as to when your wheel has reached its torque-limit, and therefore, the top speed that you are willing to ride at. You don't use PWM margins to assist you in deciding when that top speed has been reached?

At 45-ish mph speeds, how much more stable is the Master over the Extreme.

And what are the tires you are using on each wheel.

After a fast ride, you can cautiously place you hand on the motor covers to see how hot it got.

I believe the maximum continuous power rating is limited by heat.

And the maximum peak power rating is limited by current (coil windings).

Yes I'm making top-speed choice by feel of it.  No PWM or beep dependency.  I first learned to do that with MSX-100V (free spins 60 mph, I've done 37 on it).  

The Master is 5 mph faster than the Extreme in that manor.  At 45 is speeds the feel is very similar.  The Extreme is more "twitchy" which can be helpful in city traffic.  But since I have the Master for the road I put a knobby on the Extreme.  

I've tried feeling the motor before - only warm never hot.  

Edited by Elliott Reitz
  • Like 1

Given the increment in aero drag, I suspect that we are already approaching some sort of 'terminal velocity' with EUCs.  Just going from 55 => 70 requires doubling of power (negating any significant component from rolling resistance for one small contact patch).  Then figuring in necessary lean angles & such, I just don't think it can go much further.  Someone with access to a windtunnel would REALLY be great, looking at some numbers.

Eilliott, you are a BRAVE man!  Just be careful out there!  Consider buying an airbag suit!

6 hours ago, OldSolo said:

Given the increment in aero drag, I suspect that we are already approaching some sort of 'terminal velocity' with EUCs.  Just going from 55 => 70 requires doubling of power (negating any significant component from rolling resistance for one small contact patch).  Then figuring in necessary lean angles & such, I just don't think it can go much further.  Someone with access to a windtunnel would REALLY be great, looking at some numbers.

Eilliott, you are a BRAVE man!  Just be careful out there!  Consider buying an airbag suit!

LMAO, airbag suit.  A co-worker/engineer back in the 1980s wanted to get a patent for that concept.  When he mentioned it to me he realized "oh you don't even wear a helmet so I guess you'd never buy it".  

As for the terminal velocity limits - no (can do it on a motorcycle).  Lean/sit angle - yes. 

And is it dangerous?  Nah.  I've ridden a single-wheel at 150 mph.  How?  Well my EBR-1190sx is 220hp 400lbs and can do a 9s 1/4 mile.  At the end of the 1/4 mile its at 150 mph and usually the front wheel is an inch or so off the ground most of the way.  It's actually easier to ride with the front wheel up but just not as fast as under 1" lift.  Nice thing about EUCs is I get more thrill with less speed. 

And why/how-much EUC speed do I need?  The 70 mph needed to ride a 50 mph speed-limit roads.  I have one that's 4-6 lanes on my commute.  Till then, I ride an alternate ride where the Master is already "Good enough".  

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, The Brahan Seer said:

Sf61a825320734fc38306247550059933f.thumb.webp.2814d23b01ff5da340a1b3e62ed2a309.webp

Ironically, the motor power of ET max(4500W) is stronger than GT pro(4000), however, the tire of GT pro(100/90-14) is wider than ET max(90/90-14). 

Surprisingly, the GT pro has the speaker, it seems like the series of Commander are all going to have the blue tooth speaker in the future.

Judging by the robustness of the original Commander Pro it will be interesting to see if this wheel will be more durable than the ET Max. Certainly something to consider. I wonder if its very austere appearance will make it a good foundation for add-ons to make it more aerodynamic or at least prettier.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/17/2024 at 5:01 PM, BleepBloopBlop said:

Is it true these are shipping with 5A chargers rather than the promised 10A charger? Also it lists a freespin of 180kph now on the spec sheet. Has this changed as well?

Sorry for the delay in responding to this one: getting answers from this EB/BG contact is not intermittent... There seems to be some internal politicking between the Companies, where the impact of ET Max eclipsing the GT PRO, prioritization of those new controllers has been shifted to BG. Was promised a GT PRO sample before the CNY shutdown, but haven't had an update in a couple days. 

As for the charging, we'll be purchasing an additional 5A stock charger to include in the box. 

Edited by Jason McNeil
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

On 1/6/2024 at 11:47 PM, techyiam said:

Don't insult me :P

I hit 65.4MPH on the EX30 with the test firmware.  I tested it good.  I imagine I will be checking my text messages while going 70 on the ET Max.

I also hit an indicated 63mph multiple times on a 32S4P of 50E cells on my EX30/Master machine.  That was at the AVS track.  That is pretty dumb to do.

• Haha 2

On 1/6/2024 at 11:47 PM, techyiam said:

1 hour ago, roghaj said:

Don't insult me :P

I hit 65.4MPH on the EX30 with the test firmware.  I tested it good.  I imagine I will be checking my text messages while going 70 on the ET Max.

I also hit an indicated 63mph multiple times on a 32S4P of 50E cells on my EX30/Master machine.  That was at the AVS track.  That is pretty dumb to do.

I meant to type 65 instead of 56 mph. The two digits got interchanged.

In any case, 56 mph wouldn't have made sense since that is a slow speed. Basically, everybody and their dogs have done 56 mph. :)

I stand corrected.  Sorry Roger.

15 hours ago, BleepBloopBlop said:

Ooops posted this in the wrong thread last night. Looks like they are going with the EX30 C40 rim/motor on this wheel! Oddly it also now has a 8090/14 tire and not the 100/90-14 they advertised.

image.thumb.png.feaa773bdfb532bfdff6888ea03e4ffd.png

I thought there were some issues with turning/carving on the early prototypes of this wheel. Maybe they changed the tire to fix some of those complaints?

• 2 weeks later...