Commander GT PRO - 168V 20" 3000wh

6 hours ago, Robse said:

we have 220 v at 16 amps in our sockets,

Is a trade off I suppose. I don't have the numbers, but I heard that there are fewer injuries or fatalities with 110 V.

Yeah, sometimes, it would more convenient to have more electric power available at the sockets.

9 hours ago, Robse said:

regarding Maxxis:"  Cheng Shin Rubber Industry Co. (Chinese: 正新橡膠工業股份有限公司; pinyin: Zhèngxīn Xiàngjiāo Gōngyè Gǔfèn Yǒuxiàn Gōngsī) is a Taiwanese and the eleventh largest tire company in the world. Established in 1967, in Yuanlin City, Changhua County, Taiwan, by Luo Jye. Maxxis Tyres and CST tires are wholly owned subsidiaries of Cheng Shin.[1] "

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maxxis

That's CST. 正新. That means they produce Maxxis, huh. I've seen CST tires under other brands here in China. Don't let the tread pattern fool you. The fine print model numbers usually give it away, very similar font size and placement etc.

• 2 weeks later...

202 km/h off-the-ground, free-spin speed.

Hmm. what will be the actual achievable top speed? Has anyone volunteered to do the deed?

Small displacement motorcycle, and gas scooter riders can get off their rides and climb onboard this euc, and go faster?

Just wondering about those who ride in a locale in Europe where the police would check the free-spin speed of your ride; would 202 km/h land you in a cell overnight?

"Cough, cough. Don't be alarm officer, the extra 175 km/h speed is merely headroom for self-balancing in case I hit a bump."  :) 

Edited by techyiam
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, techyiam said:

202 km/h off-the-ground, free-spin speed.

Hmm. what will be the actual achievable top speed? Has anyone volunteered to do the deed?

Small displacement motorcycle, and gas scooter riders can get off their rides and climb onboard this euc, and go faster?

Just wondering about those who ride in a locale in Europe where the police would check the free-spin speed of your ride; would 202 km/h land you in a cell overnight?

"Cough, cough. Don't be alarm officer, the extra 175 km/h speed is merely headroom for self-balancing in case I hit a bump."  :) 

I doubt that any of the cops is able to do an freespin test lol

7 minutes ago, onkeldanuel said:

I doubt that any of the cops is able to do an freespin test lol

Does this count?

On 10/2/2023 at 10:06 AM, yerin said:

does not matter and grab the wheel and does a freespin, the wheel takes hes max speed 85 kmh and he give me a ticket for riding a wheel that is not speed limited,

8 hours ago, Frolic0415 said:

200kph freespin :o

I think this video is fake. Has anyone tried to drive +120 kmph in a car or on a motorcycle where a wheel is not balanced correctly? Almost nothing is needed before large vibrations occur when the speed becomes high (more than 80 - 90 kmph) As far as I am aware, there is not a single euc where the balancing of the wheel has been done from the factory - and there are hardly any balancing machines where you can mount a wheel with a motor from an EUC... No one will ever ride +160 kmph standing on a one-wheel self-balancing vehicle (with an unbalanced wheel )    And to keep an unbalanced wheel lifted per hand, that rotates at 200 kmph ??? ( about 36 rps or so)

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Robse said:

No one will ever ride +160 kmph standing on a one-wheel self-balancing vehicle (with an unbalanced wheel )

I give it another 7-8 years before we see those speeds unbalanced or not.

Edited by xiiijojjo
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Robse said:

No one will ever ride +160 kmph standing on a one-wheel self-balancing vehicle (with an unbalanced wheel )    And to keep an unbalanced wheel lifted per hand, that rotates at 200 kmph ??? ( about 36 rps or so)

Ye of little faith in the stupidity of humanity.....

• Thanks 1

I don't like to judge.

Freedom is a good thing.

Who will hold the highest top speed record, attained on a level road, for 2024?

Is it going to be someone in NYC, SoCal, Dubai, Europe, or ....?

In NYC, I don't think the cutout tunnel is going to be long enough anymore.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, techyiam said:

I don't like to judge.

Freedom is a good thing.

Who will hold the highest top speed record, attained on a level road, for 2024?

Is it going to be someone in NYC, SoCal, Dubai, Europe, or ....?

In NYC, I don't think the cutout tunnel is going to be long enough anymore.

It's definitely between Dubai and SoCal, unless somebody crazy and suicidal from the other areas mentioned grows some big horns and balls and attempts it.:ph34r:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, KAY GEE said:

It's definitely between Dubai and SoCal, unless somebody crazy and suicidal from the other areas mentioned grows some big horns and balls and attempts it.:ph34r:

You may be right.

Once we get into the 110 km/h  to 120+ km/h territory, it won't be as convenient to find a place in NYC to make such runs.

Dubai has nice long smooth straight roads. The opportunity is there. And the riders there have some experience.

In SoCal, there are racers and stunt guys.

But who wants to be a cripple for something like this. I hope the people who make such attempts know how to mitigate risks, like how stuntmen would do. 

Edited by techyiam
  • Upvote 2

On 11/19/2023 at 9:54 AM, KAY GEE said:

lool Why not in Europe ?

There are the best wheelers in the world.

• Like 2

I don't see what where one lives has to do with how fast one can ride. 

It's not as if you can go faster if you're from Dubai or have more balls because you're from NYC. 

Anyone from anywhere can go any speed. Unless the Dubai boys has something they're not telling us about. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, xiiijojjo said:

Anyone from anywhere can go any speed. Unless the Dubai boys has something they're not telling us about. 

Sure. Maybe the Europeans have secret places where they can go 100+ km/h conveniently and not get thrown in jail. Maybe they are shy in posting them on Youtube. Haven't seen many posted. 

In the US, and Dubai, don't these guys go top speed in group rides often. Also, there are guys in the US claiming they commute at 50+ mph.

• Upvote 1

For those who need a 168 V wheel, Alienrides has it up for pre-order.

Yup, even though, not even a CGI is available, you can pre-order an Extreme Bull Commander GT Pro.

The anticipated price is approximately $4000 USD.

Free-spin speed is 200 km/h.

I hope Extreme Bull does tire or wheel balancing for this wheel.

Be the first one in your group rides to get one.

Put this wheel on a dyno and measure the torque output. That's the only way to be sure.

Every rider has their own unique required torque to stay upright. But if you go fast enough perhaps wind resistance trumps all other factors. Meaning that your max speed will be based on your frontal area and ambient wind condition.

Wearing a tight fitting leathers could actually buy you extra speed. And staying seated during max speed runs.

On the wheel balancing front: use tire beads!  I am about to add them to my Pirelli Angel on the A2.  I use them in my Yamaha, and it is smoother than I have ever felt from weights.  Now this IS not going to allow sealant, but I am surprised at how many folks run sealant anyway.  I ran them in my MTB racing days when we converted to running tubeless, but never in a motorcycle.  These are pretty stout tires, and to me the balance is more important.  I noticed that although my tire (on A2) is quite symmetrical, careful examination does show an imbalance appearing at the same speed WOBBLES kick in.  I want to see how much this impacts that.  I realize it is my inexperience contributing to the wobbles - it didn't make me feel better when I got pitched off on steep downhill!  The wobbles just kept increasing despite my braking (or possibly worsened by the braking).  Anyway, I am going to put some small beads in through the valve core (worked fine on my Yamaha).

25 minutes ago, OldSolo said:

but I am surprised at how many folks run sealant anyway

Sealant is popular because getting a puncture can throw you off the wheel quickly which we want to avoid and getting one is a pain to fix more often than not.

I never used to run sealant for 2 years either but after getting a couple of punctures and having the above happen it just made more sense.

I appreciate you wanting to balance your wheel and yes with experience it really is less of an issue but at 50Mph? that I can imagine you would want to minimise but then getting a puncture at that speed would be just as bad, so its a bit of a trade off. 

16 hours ago, OldSolo said:

On the wheel balancing front: use tire beads!  I am about to add them to my Pirelli Angel on the A2.  I use them in my Yamaha, and it is smoother than I have ever felt from weights.  Now this IS not going to allow sealant, but I am surprised at how many folks run sealant anyway.  I ran them in my MTB racing days when we converted to running tubeless, but never in a motorcycle.  These are pretty stout tires, and to me the balance is more important.  I noticed that although my tire (on A2) is quite symmetrical, careful examination does show an imbalance appearing at the same speed WOBBLES kick in.  I want to see how much this impacts that.  I realize it is my inexperience contributing to the wobbles - it didn't make me feel better when I got pitched off on steep downhill!  The wobbles just kept increasing despite my braking (or possibly worsened by the braking).  Anyway, I am going to put some small beads in through the valve core (worked fine on my Yamaha).

We need a good tutorial on an actual wheel how to Balance the tire/rim on an euc with with lead like on car rims . I think this could be a huge improvement at higher speeds smoothness...50kph+

Edited by onkeldanuel

On 11/21/2023 at 8:37 PM, xiiijojjo said:

;) well over here in Dubai, some guys here modify their wheels to a different level, but its abu dhabi you should be worried about