Commander GT PRO - 168V 20" 3000wh

• Ronin Ryder changed the title to Commander GT PRO - 168V 20" 3000wh

That's Begode how we know and love them:D Announcing an update of their not-yet-released wheel and one-upping the competition right after they did their own announcement, this time all in one.

(Yes, I know it's not technically Begode, but in spirit is certainly is.)

168V isn't truly confirmed, right? But what else would it be with that battery size. 5p 134V, I think not! Sweet!

• Haha 1

A perfect wheel for new riders!:D

Edited by Paradox
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, mrelwood said:

Sounds like a very reasonable, practical, ergonomic, comfortable, balanced, safe, reliable, and a well thought out package.

Indeed! It's a wheel that sits between the Commander Mini and the Commander Pro. Sort of like Goldilocks.

There are riders who like the Commander Mini and Commander Pro.

You don't have to worry about headroom as the battery drains. There may be some exceptions, like the fine folks in Dubai. On second thought, they may be covered too, even in group rides. 200 km/h maximum off-the-ground free-spin speed should be good until .... next year. :) 

For those who needs more range, 10A at 168V is pretty quick.

8P Mosfet configuration. Big current handling capacity. If done right, not many riders will need more.

Not sure about reliability. But so far, we haven't been hearing more complaints from the owners of Commander Mini and Commander Pro owners than owners of other wheels.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Robse said:

if... eh, if I bought 2* KS16X, and then in my little hobby shop took them apart and did some work with a blowtorch, chainsaw, angle grinder, welder and soldering iron,then?

:cheers:

I think with a suitable gear system it would work! Worth a try at least. :D Although, you’d need three to match the free spin speed…

Edited by mrelwood

What is a "semi-hot melt tire"? Some weird translation of a tire type indicating quality?

Poor Begode. With other manufacturers wising up to their copy machine and not giving info on new wheels until they are close to giving them to testers, Begode's announcements can only be very sparse. Basically they confirmed that they were working on a 168V board and the rest is "We'll see what we can come up with, brb".:D

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

What is a "semi-hot melt tire"? Some weird translation of a tire type indicating quality?

Poor Begode. With other manufacturers wising up to their copy machine and not giving info on new wheels until they are close to giving them to testers, Begode's announcements can only be very sparse. Basically they confirmed that they were working on a 168V board and the rest is "We'll see what we can come up with, brb".:D

their post remind me s20 renders :D

WTF! The 168v announcement is a little annoying as the 134v GT has NOT even been released in the wild and I hoping for more solid reviews on the 134 version to make a decision. Now it will likely be early 2024 before the 168 version has been decently reviewed. Cant find Maxxis "Semi-Hot Melt" tire anywhere...LOL

edit...if it is 168v charged at 10amps = 1680w... then that is just about the max a standard US outlet can handle (1800w)...can't share outlets on group ride charge stops...

Edited by Zuber
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Zuber said:

if it is 168v charged at 10amps = 1680w then that is just about the max a standard US outlet can handle (1800w)...can't share outlets on group ride charge stops...

On some group rides, they are already charging at charging stations.

On the bright side, faster charging.

Edited by techyiam

regarding Maxxis:"  Cheng Shin Rubber Industry Co. (Chinese: 正新橡膠工業股份有限公司; pinyin: Zhèngxīn Xiàngjiāo Gōngyè Gǔfèn Yǒuxiàn Gōngsī) is a Taiwanese and the eleventh largest tire company in the world. Established in 1967, in Yuanlin City, Changhua County, Taiwan, by Luo Jye. Maxxis Tyres and CST tires are wholly owned subsidiaries of Cheng Shin.[1] "

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maxxis

• Like 3

Just now, RagingGrandpa said:

We already can't!
(With today's 100V EUC's with 1200W roger chargers...)

poor you... 110 v ac at 10 amps, haha😉, we have 220 v at 16 amps in our sockets, so cmon Begood(r) 200 v wheel, nul problemo 😁

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

120 VRMS AC thank you very much! 
The lowest-rating branch circuits here have 15A breakers... Outputting 12 amps @ 100VDC is reliable. 

But, yes, our overloading mistakes have irritated many restaurant owners and hotel clerks in my area... 
In USA the answer to recharging large groups of riders is "Level 2 EV charging stations and 240V EUC chargers"- which means you're stuck outdoors :(

Edited by RagingGrandpa
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, RagingGrandpa said:

120 VRMS AC thank you very much!
Outputting 12 amps @ 100VDC is reliable. 

But, yes, our overloading mistakes have irritated many restaurant owners and hotel clerks in my area... 
In USA the answer to recharging large groups of riders is "Level 2 EV charging stations and 240V EUC chargers"- which means you're stuck outdoors :(

ok ok ok, minor detail, but sissy voltage anyway 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1