Commander GT PRO - 168V 20" 3000wh

7 hours ago, Jason McNeil said:

- Max Charge: 20A x 168V = 3,360W, will need to be validated with a thermal camera. Fitted with 2x GX20-3 connectors 

Will this be start of people putting in L2 charging stations in their own homes?

- Tire: has that super-wide Maxxis 21" 100/90-14

Nice. I hope this tire size translate to more stability without the level of handling compromises associated with 22" wheels.

Once the Lynx/GT PROs enter general circulation, will this result in daredevils routinely cruising at these speeds, or will be it similar to owning a Ferrari, where the vehicle is potentially capable of these eye-watering speeds, but very few owners will?

This question was asked before, not more than a couple of years ago when the V13 was being discussed.

And it has turned out, riders, at least in the US, do utilize the increase in top speeds of these new crops of euc's.

Before the likes of the V13, and Master Pro, there were perhaps a some high flyers that would venture above 50 mph.

But since the V13 and Master Pro have been shipped, riding at 45/50+ mph for commuting, as well as topping out their euc's are being done, if not on a regular basis, probably quite frequently. There are videos on the V13 where owners are saying how manageably comfortable it is to go 55 mph on it.

My hunch is that this trend will continue, as long as the chassis is up to it, along with the braking performance.

We are no longer talking about 50-ish mph. It will more like 60+ mph. More riders will test the waters at these higher speeds. And of course, there will be a couple of riders who will push all the way to the limit, hopefully not the hard way.

I think the GT Pro will be a wheel popular in group rides and in racing, should the performance gains are real. There probably be some commuters who ride on highway upgrading to this wheel for more headroom. Of course this hinges on Begode/Extreme Bull being able to deliver. But so far we haven't seen any evidence of the 168V performance yet.

I am wondering whether there are efforts in the works to come out with better safety gear.

And last but not least, Kudos to Begode/Extreme Bull for pushing the cutting edge of top speed performance in the PEV space.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Jason McNeil said:

Here's what we've got so far. Please bear in mind that some of these specs are provisional & may change as they reach closer to production. If there's additional questions, place them in the thread & I'll do my best to get answers over there in the next few days.

- Controller: 48x HY G100N20 FETs 132A x 8 = 1056A max peak current. By way of comparison, the CP 50S is 132A x 6 = 792A & CP 132A x 4 = 528A 
- Battery: will only be offered witih the 50S cells 
- Max Charge: 20A x 168V = 3,360W, will need to be validated with a thermal camera. Fitted with 2x GX20-3 connectors 
- Motor: 4KW nominal power output, BG says that the process of the windings on this GT PRO is different than on the CP 50S. Will try to get a comparative dyno power graph of the motor torque curve.
- Weight: Net weight of 47kg/103.6lb 
- Pedal Height: has three different pedal positions 230, 240, 250mm. Even on the lowest setting, this is quite high...
- Tire: has that super-wide Maxxis 21" 100/90-14

Takeaway thoughts:  the shared track video is pretty tame, it's doubtful there will be an immediate head-to-head testing against the Lynx in China with the fierce competition/animosity between BG & LK. The GT PRO is sort of in a different class of every other machine that's been produced, like a raw 'technology demonstrator', of what a single Wheel is potentially capable of, without fussing over the aesthetic, limiters, or other constraints.

In a track setting, the weight, balance, handling, acceleration/braking performance, & finely tuned suspensions are probably more important characteristics than the maximum speed. In current/future spec sheets, manufacturers need to start adding a 0-50 MPH & braking performance for providing a more rounded picture of the torque/acceleration. Begode has committed to getting the first samples flown out later this week, which means a first week of Jan for the first hands-on reviews. Once the Lynx/GT PROs enter general circulation, will this result in daredevils routinely cruising at these speeds, or will be it similar to owning a Ferrari, where the vehicle is potentially capable of these eye-watering speeds, but very few owners will?  

CommanderPro-Comparisons.thumb.jpg.638b7d67defd141840fccfb241e2cfeb.jpg

AdjustablePedalHeight.jpg.7c5b3e4e16f0b6f9c4dd17534ffe8fc8.jpg

O-60 kmph times would be helpful. Also agree on braking distance 

10 hours ago, Paradox said:

Pedal height adjustment for Begode and Extreme Bull has been around for a long time. The GT Pro is not breaking ground here. Maybe I'm missing something in this post  :confused1:

7 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Pedal height adjustment for Begode and Extreme Bull has been around for a long time. The GT Pro is not breaking ground here. Maybe I'm missing something in this post  :confused1:

Just sharing what is on eWheels website. 

image.thumb.png.bc8b83143e2cd41d575aebd24e4e4be1.png

Edited by Paradox
  • Like 1

On 12/10/2023 at 1:22 PM, Jason McNeil said:

If there's additional questions, place them in the thread & I'll do my best to get answers over there in the next few days.

Hi @Jason McNeil, with this wheel designed primarily for use on the road could you impress on the requirement for a non flashing/solid red tail light with brake light incorporated. This is because its a legal requirement on the road in many countries and is a safety issue too. Many thanks for your contribution and support for EUC's its very much appreciated.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

You can't believe everything you read :D

Yes, even my RS has adjustable pedal brackets, they are either "on" or "off" :P   -  in last case rider is also "off"

• Haha 1

On 12/10/2023 at 5:02 PM, techyiam said:

Will this be start of people putting in L2 charging stations in their own homes?

Nice. I hope this tire size translate to more stability without the level of handling compromises associated with 22" wheels.

This question was asked before, not more than a couple of years ago when the V13 was being discussed.

And it has turned out, riders, at least in the US, do utilize the increase in top speeds of these new crops of euc's.

Before the likes of the V13, and Master Pro, there were perhaps a some high flyers that would venture above 50 mph.

But since the V13 and Master Pro have been shipped, riding at 45/50+ mph for commuting, as well as topping out their euc's are being done, if not on a regular basis, probably quite frequently. There are videos on the V13 where owners are saying how manageably comfortable it is to go 55 mph on it.

My hunch is that this trend will continue, as long as the chassis is up to it, along with the braking performance.

We are no longer talking about 50-ish mph. It will more like 60+ mph. More riders will test the waters at these higher speeds. And of course, there will be a couple of riders who will push all the way to the limit, hopefully not the hard way.

I think the GT Pro will be a wheel popular in group rides and in racing, should the performance gains are real. There probably be some commuters who ride on highway upgrading to this wheel for more headroom. Of course this hinges on Begode/Extreme Bull being able to deliver. But so far we haven't seen any evidence of the 168V performance yet.

I am wondering whether there are efforts in the works to come out with better safety gear.

And last but not least, Kudos to Begode/Extreme Bull for pushing the cutting edge of top speed performance in the PEV space.

There's a couple riders in our group that push 60mph+ display but many of the speed riders seem to be comfortable cruising around 45mph with short bursts to 50mph+. The main worry you have sitting at 50mph+ is battery sag.

As for safety gear, it's already there. Motorcycle gear. You could get a full motorcycle racing suit, knee braces, motorcycle boots, and obviously a motorcycle helmet. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, trailless said:

There's a couple riders in our group that push 60mph+ display but many of the speed riders seem to be comfortable cruising around 45mph with short bursts to 50mph+. The main worry you have sitting at 50mph+ is battery sag.

Interesting.

200 km/h free-spin speed, plus 50S cells (high discharge & less sag) translate to much more headroom for bursting to a very high top speed ceiling. Cruising at elevated speeds would still pose a problem for distance riding since 3000 Wh would still be limited.

The GT Pro has the potential to change the daredevil-fast group ride landscape, and of course in racing.

Perhaps professional racing motorcycle gear would be enough protection. I am thinking about air-bag embedded gear?

22 hours ago, The Brahan Seer said:

Hi @Jason McNeil, with this wheel designed primarily for use on the road could you impress on the requirement for a non flashing/solid red tail light with brake light incorporated. This is because its a legal requirement on the road in many countries and is a safety issue too. Many thanks for your contribution and support for EUC's its very much appreciated.

I second this. The flashign rear light could mean real legal troubles and we already don't want to be bothered by police for riding. It's draw unnecessary attention to us by police.

Also @Jason McNeil, is there any word about the GT Pro having any waterproofing?

• Like 1

hmmmmm, .... higher voltage, more speed, perhaps more weight,  higher price....f'it... i'll just pick up a street legal race bike.  hasn't the euc community gone thru enuf 'new' models for 2023 ?  its tiring to say the least...

2 hours ago, bpong said:

'll just pick up a street legal race bike.

You don't need a super-sport, never mind a super bike to go fast, a Ninja 400 is already plenty fast.

But the thrill isn't the same.

Crashing at 120+ km/h could suck though on an euc.

thats the point....forgive the redundancy,  sooner or later,  euc design and marketing must realize that certain realities do not change - injuries suffered at high speeds.  and btw,  have you seen the motorcycle racing in southeast asia where they use 150cc drag bikes that are modified to produce high horsepower ?  it just looks insane for such a small engine... they look more stable at high speed than an euc rider riding at high speed....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mJNE0fJUBM

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, bpong said:

sooner or later,  euc design and marketing must realize that certain realities do not change - injuries suffered at high speeds.

I dont think that aspect ever changed anything about other motorsports so I doubt it will be any different for EUCs..
It's useful for driving innovation / development.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, onewheelkoregro said:

Looks like an interesting wheel. But I never buy a brand new wheel. Sorry I am not a fan of hitting the pavement to trouble shoot unknown issues...

Not everyone is an early adopter. This is true with anything. There are those who are happy to be one. Usually these type of people are experienced and have the skills and facility to deal with issues, or the luxury to let the dealer deal with it while they ride their other wheels.

You do you. And that's fine. Come to think of it, I don't think I have bought a batch 1 wheel yet.

For my last two wheels, I did something a little different. I didn't buy a late batch wheel either. In fact, my last two wheels have been non-current new wheels. These are wheels that had issues and didn't sell well enough. They were discounted, and I took a chance on them, even though the many issues were known. On hindsight, I came out OK. I did me there. It's not for everyone either. There was work to be done in both cases.

I am not sure what I will do on my next wheel. However, it is unlikely I will buy a batch one wheel.

One thing about Begode is that they will not hesitate to revision their controller boards in short order. However, those revisions can turn out to be many. But, they will get there. If we look at the EX30, we don't hear issues with their 134.4 V controller.

GT Pro is an all new 168 V controller. Who knows how this generation of controller will unfold.

But it will be exciting for those choose to step up and roll the dice.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, onewheelkoregro said:

Looks like an interesting wheel. But I never buy a brand new wheel. Sorry I am not a fan of hitting the pavement to trouble shoot unknown issues...

It's normal, it's like in war, we don't send the weakest first.
  • Haha 1

Extreme Bull Commander GT Pro can be pre-ordered now at Alienrides.com as well as ewheels.com. It is selling for ~$4000 USD.

Standard Charger is 10 A.  Max fast charging current is 20 A.

The GT Pro is selling for less than the Lynx at ewheels.com

Racers and group riders can rejoice.

Edited by techyiam
  • Like 1