Commander GT PRO - 168V 20" 3000wh

1 hour ago, Planemo said:

I think it's amusing how they are repairing a GT Pro with crap everywhere on a fancy kitchen top display especially without any rags/protection under it

It's more professional than me with it all spread about me on the lounge floor trying to keep the blue stuff flicking off the groundsheet and on to the carpet !! :)

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Cerbera said:

however did the person who assembled that possibly think it was fine ?!! :/

Easy, they work for Gotway.

They sleep like a baby every night, with their diploma from the Goopgun Academy proudly adorning their dining room wall.

Edited by xiiijojjo

1 hour ago, Planemo said:

Instant divorce for me if my Mrs saw a half-dismantled wheel in the house. So all my fiddling is done in the shed, which suits me tbh :D

I'm 99% sure that's Roger's workplace, not his home. 😊

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, WheelGoodTime said:

I'm 99% sure that's Roger's workplace, not his home. 😊

I'm 99% sure thats what I implied when I used the word 'display' in my post. Unless he has numerous display kitchens in his house of course.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jimjam.nyc said:

I don't know if it's good or bad news that the issue with Marty's wheel was essentially a sloppy job assembling at the factory. 

I see it as sort of bad news considering his other observations on the quality of the build in his other video.

Also, with wheels that surpass 60mph and are basically made and sold to go that fast, this type of thing should be more strictly checked. 

It is a bit nerve wracking to see they don't even properly check their units going to initial testers and influencers. Considering these will be the first thoughts out there in public. If they can't find the bandwidth to test the 3 wheels they send out for initial testing, who knows what happens when production runs come off the line. 

I was hoping issues like this would get less and less as time goes on, but it still seems to be a big issue across most manufacturers. 

That's a given with anything that is mass produced. There will be flaws among some units and other things like that. I agree with you though that they should've worked out most of the quality control kinks over the last 5 years

My workplace:  The countertop is 93% Quartz crystal.  It has a hardness rating that far exceeds any part of that wheel.  No protection needed.  Not a scratch on it.  People in here love being negative. 

The Commander Pro GT:  The issue was that one worker that didn't know better.  This wheel wasn't on an assembly line.  There were several one off variations made.  This happens to be a C38 variant that had the final assembly done poorly.  Others have a C40 motor and each seems to have been fitted with a different tire.

I like this wheel.  It has alot going for it.  I think it might be better with the ET Max motor/tire.  It might not be as sexy, but it delivers. 

2 hours ago, roghaj said:

The Commander Pro GT:  The issue was that one worker that didn't know better.  This wheel wasn't on an assembly line.  There were several one off variations made.  This happens to be a C38 variant that had the final assembly done poorly.  Others have a C40 motor and each seems to have been fitted with a different tire.

In light of this, Begode / Extreme Bull need to address this unacceptable lack-of-safety conscious mindset when building demo wheels.

Aren't we talking about 60+ mph wheels here? This reckless attitude towards building demo wheels is alarming.

And it isn't difficult to remedy. They just need to find someone skilled, trained, and competent with building euc's. And have a second experienced builder to double checked the work. How hard can this be for an euc manufacturer?

But if they can't then they should hire someone outside the factory who can.

In any case, this is a clear message to riders of demo wheels from Extreme Bull / Begode to do your own PDI (include disassembly to check for phase wire, Hall effect sensors, and battery connections) after unboxing.

Edited by techyiam
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, techyiam said:

In light of this, Begode / Extreme Bull need to address this unacceptable lack-of-safety conscious mindset when building demo wheels.

Aren't we talking about 60+ mph wheels here? This reckless attitude towards building demo wheels is alarming.

And it isn't difficult to remedy. They just need to find someone skilled, trained, and competent with building euc's. And have a second experienced builder to double checked the work. How hard can this be for an euc manufacturer?

But if they can't then they should hire something outside the factory who can.

In any case, this is a clear message to riders of demo wheels from Extreme Bull / Begode to do your own PDI (include disassembly to check for phase wire, Hall effect sensors, and battery connections) after unboxing.

Yes, it was reckless and stupid of Begode/ExtremeBull, and thank goodness @roghaj wasn't hurt.  And then to blame @Marty Backe for simply stating the truth is utterly shameful.  How about we just stop buying their wheels until they issue an official apology and commitment to never do that again?

• Like 2

TBH, I would have some sympathy with @Marty Backe if he formed the impression that China was trying to assassinate him, one wheel at a time !

'Damn, the A2 ONLY broke his leg - over to the sister company for another go ! THIS time we'll jerry rig the phase wires - that'll get him !'

It's absolute madness on their part - you don't off one of the biggest exponents and ambassadors for your brand of wheel because you didn't explain to them which bits were 'production' and which bits were improvised as they went along and might be improved later. They should sort their communications really - a simple note in the box would have solved most of the things they complained about.

Joking aside, I do lose patience with and some respect for companies that get arsey when reviews call out their shoddy build problems. They should be ALL apologies for this - this is the second time they have put those guys at risk via negligence. 

Edited by Cerbera
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Cerbera said:

you didn't explain to them which bits were 'production' and which bits were improvised as they went along and might be improved later. They should sort their communications really - a simple note in the box would have solved most of the things they complained about.

+1

I think the euc manufacturers (not just Begode) should clearly state that the demo wheels they are sending out are slapped together pre-production units for promotional purposes.

And when the people who unboxed the units, they need to PDI the units themselves.

I think the problem lies with cost.

The cost of the demo units are absorbed by the manufacturers, and so they want to minimize that.

But the fun-and-games days are over since these wheels can go 60+ mph. At these speeds, as we have witnessed for the last bunch of decades (motorcycles), when a rider hit something solid, the injuries suffered by the rider can often be fatal. Once it is fatal, the police will be involved and take over the investigation, and quite possibly the process will include going through the courts.

I think it is better for racers to initially test out these high performance wheels on a race track. You don't want fatalities. Otherwise, authorities will be forced to get involved, and the tragic loss of a rider.

Edited by techyiam

Guys we're talking about Gotway here... If you ride a Gotway wheel without first taking it apart and rebuilding it yourself, you simply have a death wish, it's that simple. 

I have always and always will open up my Gotways and put them back together properly myself. I've had issues with the QC on every single Gotway I ever had. 

You'll find me disassembling Gotways in the year 2052, long after QC has become perfect. I simply don't trust that Gotway as a company cares about the QC of their products or for the safety of their riders.

Edited by xiiijojjo
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, techyiam said:

+1

I think the euc manufacturers (not just Begode) should clearly state that the demo wheels they are sending out are slapped together pre-production units for promotional purposes.

And when the people who unboxed the units, they need to PDI the units themselves.

I think the problem lies with cost.

The cost of the demo units are absorbed by the manufacturers, and so they want to minimize that.

But the fun-and-games days are over since these wheels can go 60+ mph. At these speeds, as we have witnessed for the last bunch of decades (motorcycles), when a rider hit something solid, the injuries suffered by the rider can often be fatal. Once it is fatal, the police will be involved and take over the investigation, and quite possibly the process will include going through the courts.

I think it is better for racers to initially test out these high performance wheels on a race track. You don't want fatalities. Otherwise, authorities will be forced to get involved, and the tragic loss of a rider.

By far, the vast majority of "demo" EUC's are actually purchased by the dealers, such as EWheels. So the cost for the demo units are NOT absorbed by the manufacturers :)

• Like 1

On 3/10/2024 at 8:25 AM, Cerbera said:

Alas, we can't do anything about people posting reckless riding videos like that, other than briefly expressing our disapproval - I hope we don't waste much more of a thread about GT Pro doing that...

In other GT Pro news, looks like Marty and Roger and friends found what happened to theirs when it started grinding and clunking 10 mins into a ride !

It's a long long video, and I should let Marty himself give you the facts, but from what I can surmise the problem seems to have been one motor connection to the board, which was prevented from connecting reliably to the metal plug on the board by being passed over another motor cable, which wouldn't let it sit / connect properly. Vid starts at that bit(2 hr 10 or so)

...which does rather prompt the question 'however did the person who assembled that possibly think it was fine' ?!! :/

That's the Livestream. You should watch my ~30-minute version :)

6 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

By far, the vast majority of "demo" EUC's are actually purchased by the dealers, such as EWheels. So the cost for the demo units are NOT absorbed by the manufacturers :)

Oh.

Thanks for the correction.

I thought Lem get free demo's from Begode. I guess not?

Even with ewheels placing an order for 50+ units of the ET Max, he still didn't get a free demo?

Edited by techyiam
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, techyiam said:

Oh.

Thanks for the correction.

I thought Lem get free demo's from Begode. I guess not?

Even with ewheels placing an order for 50+ units of the ET Max, he still didn't get a free demo?

Lem buys his demo wheels and pays to have them air shipped. Pretty sure that's how it works for all dealers. Of course they are paying wholesale prices, but still.

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Lem buys his demo wheels and pays to have them air shipped. Pretty sure that's how it works for all dealers. Of course they are paying wholesale prices, but still.

If that's the case, how are Begode / EB planing to stop you getting their wheels for review if he just keeps lending them to you ?! Just means they won't go direct  right ? :)

Edited by Cerbera
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Cerbera said:

If that's the case, how are Begode / EB planing to stop you getting their wheels for review if he just keeps lending them to you ?! Just means they won't go direct  right ? :)

Also, what do dealers/distributors gain by buying demo wheels for Youtube influencers?

I can understand a dealer with a store front to buy a demo wheel so their potential customers can try it out before buying.

44 minutes ago, techyiam said:

Also, what do dealers/distributors gain by buying demo wheels for Youtube influencers?

Presumably so that they get an advanced shipped early model with which to drum up enthusiasm and pre-orders for the impending batch they have to sell. Of course if what gets shipped initially looks like an explosion in a goop and wire factory and the wheel tries to kill everyone that steps on it, this may have rather the opposite to the desired effect...

Edited by Cerbera
  • Like 2

Just now, Cerbera said:

Presumably so that they get an advanced shipped early model with which to drum up enthusiasm and pre-orders for the impending batch they have to sell.

But the excited potential customers can buy from anywhere.

That's my point.

I don't think a dealer/distributor needs to buy demo wheels for influencers to review.

There are plenty of dealers that don't do that.

It makes more sense for the manufacturers to send out demo wheels to the influencers.

This promotional cost should be factored into marketing expenses for the manufacturers.

For dealers that host demo rides, that is different. They actually need the actual wheel.

• Like 1

I can understand a dealer with a store front to buy a demo wheel so their potential customers can try it out before buying.

Realistically there are only a handful of big dealers. Providing demo wheels gets the word out so they can maybe sell the wheels that they preorder, which can be hundreds. Plus some of the dealers (Jason @ EWheels) are huge supporters of the community. Demo wheels are often used to find defaults which are then fixed for batch 1, 2, etc wheels. Jason does a lot behind the scenes to get issues resolved before he starts selling the wheels - I could provide lots of examples over the 7+ years that I've known Jason.

• Like 3

But the excited potential customers can buy from anywhere.

That's my point.

I don't think a dealer/distributor needs to buy demo wheels for influencers to review.

There are plenty of dealers that don't do that.

It makes more sense for the manufacturers to send out demo wheels to the influencers.

This promotional cost should be factored into marketing expenses for the manufacturers.

For dealers that host demo rides, that is different. They actually need the actual wheel.

You must be relatively new to the EUC scene :D The Chinese manufacturers pretty much ignored the customers up until very recently. We (riders like me) had no access to the manufacturers. Always through the dealers such as Jason.

After 7-years Begode sent me the first wheel, and it broke my ankle and I was out for 3-months :D They all only dealt with the dealers.

Up until very recently, at least in North America, there were to dealers with a physical store that people could walk into. And even now there are only a few in the entire continent.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Cerbera said:

I didn't say they were going to stop me from getting wheels, just that "maybe" they'd prefer to not directly support me like they were starting to maybe do (starting with the A2 that broke my ankle). I would still anticipate 90+ percent of early wheel access to come from dealers.