Commander GT PRO - 168V 20" 3000wh

On 12/12/2023 at 11:42 AM, techyiam said:

Interesting.

200 km/h free-spin speed, plus 50S cells (high discharge & less sag) translate to much more headroom for bursting to a very high top speed ceiling. Cruising at elevated speeds would still pose a problem for distance riding since 3000 Wh would still be limited.

The GT Pro has the potential to change the daredevil-fast group ride landscape, and of course in racing.

Perhaps professional racing motorcycle gear would be enough protection. I am thinking about air-bag embedded gear?

I think whenever they release a 168 volt 22inch wheel we will truly see a widespread increase in cruising speed. the GT PRO will do the same thing but only in burst and for daredevils. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Underthebag said:

I think whenever they release a 168 volt 22inch wheel we will truly see a widespread increase in cruising speed. the GT PRO will do the same thing but only in burst and for daredevils. 

22" or larger wheels will help.

But, I think we still have to wait and see how many riders will actually cruise at 60+ mph.

Then there is the battery capacity limitation. 

I can see some riders in the US.

My guess is that in many European cities, very few riders will be able to cruise at 60+ mph.

Any PEV will stick out like a sore thumb on the freeways. And with cell phones, the cops will be waiting down the road.

I have seen that happened with motorcycle group rides. However, the police response was a little too slow to catch the fast guys.

On euc's, there is lots of time for police to respond.

20 minutes ago, techyiam said:

22" or larger wheels will help.

But, I think we still have to wait and see how many riders will actually cruise at 60+ mph.

Then there is the battery capacity limitation. 

I can see some riders in the US.

My guess is that in many European cities, very few riders will be able to cruise at 60+ mph.

Any PEV will stick out like a sore thumb on the freeways. And with cell phones, the cops will be waiting down the road.

I have seen that happened with motorcycle group rides. However, the police response was a little too slow to catch the fast guys.

On euc's, there is lots of time for police to respond.

If you plan to regularly ride your EUC on the freeway you're crazy, 60mph or not. I'm sure there will/are people that do it though

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, BKW said:

If you plan to regularly ride your EUC on the freeway you're crazy, 60mph or not. I'm sure there will/are people that do it though

I know what you mean.

But there is at least one rider on Facebook who commutes on a 50+ mph highway. He said it is better for him to maintain a 50-ish mph speed than at a slower speed because otherwise the traffic behind him would be constantly passing him.

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, Punxatawneyjoe said:
22 hours ago, InfiniteWheelie said:

Will it be the first wheel to officially break the 100 km/h barrier?

There are videos of several people going over 100km/hr. on the EX30

Edited by techyiam
  • Like 1

Well there's no GPS speed in the video/description/comments. I also don't know what tire he's riding, which can alter the actual top speed.

Apparently he was using field weakening. Doesn't that work by trading torque for additional top speed? That seems like a really bad idea for electric wheels. Approaching the top speed already leaves you with less and less spare torque (eventually reaching 0 where you cut off), then on top of that you reduce it even further with field weakening.

Edited by InfiniteWheelie

On 12/17/2023 at 2:02 PM, InfiniteWheelie said:

Do we know the top speed yet? Will it be the first wheel to officially break the 100 km/h barrier?

Several wheels already break that.

RS134, v13 (Custom firmware), Ex30, Master pro (Custom firmware)

Edited by Medhi Baclet

On 12/17/2023 at 8:02 AM, InfiniteWheelie said:

Do we know the top speed yet? Will it be the first wheel to officially break the 100 km/h barrier?

Unfortunately we dont know the top speed yet, nor even have an idea of the power of the wheel (top speed is subjective and depending on the rider's weight). All that has been released so far are 2 videos from Begode/Extreme Bull, with riders uncomfortable on the wheel riding between 10 to 25mph...Talk about disconnection between product and communication:P...

Edited by Ronin Ryder

On 12/18/2023 at 2:04 PM, Medhi Baclet said:

Several wheels already break that.

RS134, v13 (Custom firmware), Ex30, Master pro (Custom firmware)

I assumed we were talking about GPS speed and stock wheels. A stock ex30 doesn't break 100km/h GPS does it?

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, loofv said:

I assumed we were talking about GPS speed and stock wheels. A stock ex30 doesn't break 100km/h GPS does it?

Of course, it does.

Stock firmware, only ex30 and RS134

Edited by Medhi Baclet

• 2 weeks later...

Are they really using GX20-3 Ports?

I want to start production on my new cable set for my 168V chargers, but I find it hard to believe that we would go from a 20A port (Dual 10a pins) on the 134.4V wheels to a 10A port.

-RogerEUC

Buy a Roger Charger for your Lynx or Commander GT Pro

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Jason McNeil said:

Maxxis 100/90,Semi hot melt tire

Will a hot melt tire have poor durability?  Like race car tires need changing more often?

Hi Jason.  Are the charge ports really GX20-3?

My EX30 rim mod should work just fine on that wheel to make it nimble.  Should be crushing the race scene with a short list of mods.  Still not sure what I'll be on for 2024.

Thanks

RogerEUC

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Brahan Seer said:

Seems pretty nimble, and even prettier in the dark.

That is surprisingly nimble for a wheel with a 100/90-14 tire. That tire must have quite a round tire profile.

I would worry about high speed stability.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Brahan Seer said:

Seems pretty nimble, and even prettier in the dark...

not a good sign if you have to say she's prettier in the dark. ;)

• Like 1