The Photo Thread

SlowMo

14 hours ago, steve454 said:

Great photos, didn't know you could get to Italy so fast and so close.

Yep, barely 4 hours to either Dolomites or Lake Garda, maybe 5 or 6 to Venice. Because it's all Autobahn all the way. It's a shame, stuff is so close but I very rarely use these opportunities.

14 hours ago, steve454 said:

I know why the horses and chickens like the wheel, you've been giving them treats, haven't you?;)

I don't feed other people's animals, but obviously they expected something. Came running as soon as I stopped. ACM placement came after the fact.

53 minutes ago, Ombre said:

From yesterday's ride in Prairie Dog State Park, in Kansas.  Nice spot on a warm sunny evening, with a boat launch and small lake.

Prairie Dog SP KS EUC.png

This picture is about parenthood most of all, I think. :)  It's endearing that way.

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Cute:) And the landscape is very... not sure what the word is... "old age" with all the mossy rocks in the field and undeveloped land.

Yep. Spot on with your description :) Large properties with plenty of undeveloped agricultural playing fields for sheeps and cows.

Happy norwegian farmers and world's most subsidised ones.

14 minutes ago, Dingfelder said:

Nice route!  Great fit for your wheel, too.  

actually, i took the bus :unsure: - buuut, i do plan on riding down that route! i ride across that street and up a back road to get to a community center. when i'm a bit more coordinated i'll try to make more vids :)

7 hours ago, Vik's said:

On my way to a liquor store to get some wine :)

19022.JPG

19021.JPG

Now I know why so many people are immigrating from flat, dry, desert countries.  They see pictures like these,  look at their flat, hot, and brown sand, and and say, screw this, we're going up north!

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, steve454 said:

Now I know why so many people are immigrating from flat, dry, desert countries.  They see pictures like these,  look at their flat, hot, and brown sand, and and say, screw this, we're going up north!

It's amazing to me that people could do anything else.  Anywhere around water is more beautiful and hospitable.  

In America, the continuing trend, though, is to move from colder states to warmer.  A lot, I'd guess, is the baby boomers and their parents migrating to where they don't feel so cold as they age.  If so, that trend could change after the boomers make up a smaller population segment.

For now, living in northern states is a mixed blessing.  With less population comes fewer job and cultural opportunities ... but also less crime and often less pollution.

Edited by Dingfelder
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, kasenutty said:

I was visiting a friend who's got a great place way out in the woods. I had a blast riding it around chasing his dogs and chickens... and bees ? 

I'm hoping when I get mine, my over-friendly dogs won't knock me off it or run right in front of it and cause all kinds of havoc that way.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Shabba said:

If the route to the liquor store looks this nice I could just imagine what the liquor taste like :D

Ended up with a bottle of 2013 Kongsgaard Napa Valley Chardonnay and a couple of Cotes-du-Rhone wines :) Ready to celebrate some good weather (at last!) this weekend!

10 hours ago, steve454 said:

Thanks! Yeah, we can't brag about fine good weather here, but the nature and landscapes are just stunning.

1 hour ago, Carlos E Rodriguez said:

@Marty Backe I think you need to get some royalties or in-kind compensation. example: free exchangefor new model for life.

https://www.facebook.com/gotwaycn/

I think that is your idea? see main page.

:D  Yeah, some of us noticed that when it  first appeared a month or two ago. Unfortunately for them it's rather ugly (at least some of us think so). Kind of looks like a prison riot helmet ;)

But did wonder if they got the idea from me because I know a couple of people from Gotway follow me on Facebook