The Photo Thread

SlowMo

12 hours ago, Trey Lewis said:

I have been dying to share our storefront photos! Last month just finished in preparation for our grand opening.

(Made sure we didn't have anything with our name, just wanted to share the layout and aesthetic. We tried really hard to renovate this space as first timers.)

Store!.jpg

Looks fantastic, you should have seen the plain Segway store I bought my Ninebot from.  Strip mall store, plain white walls, cheap carpet, no attempt to dress it up at all.  Your place is so nice, you should add a side business to it, maybe sell something else along with the wheels,  like drones or something else high end.

Or maybe get a Minipro in there on display, or one of the IPS two wheelers.  No hoverboards, but the higher end two wheelers seem to be gaining in popularity.

That is a storefront that looks inviting, very nice!

Edited by steve454

44 minutes ago, Trey Lewis said:

The boxes in the "ikea" pieces are actually being filled with either square pieces with our logo, or we are listed the wheel specs there.

That's a neat idea. 3D signage, so to speak.

2 hours ago, Ombre said:

That's us.  We're currently on a five month trip across the USA.

:wub::thumbup:

Edited by meepmeepmayer
  • Upvote 1

Just now, steve454 said:

Looks fantastic, you should have seen the plain Segway store I bought my Ninebot from.  Strip mall store, plain white walls, cheap carpet, no attempt to dress it up at all.  Your place is so nice, you should add a side business to it, maybe sell something else along with the wheels,  like drones or something else high end.

We are trying to add some other stuff to it, we spent so much time and effort on this project. The floor, the paint, everything had to be redone here. We want to create something amazing.

We are going to offer rentals, but it will likely not be an EUC because of the learning curve. We are focusing on content creation when our newest member gets in from Cali later this month. To be fair, I don't think EUC's are at a point where a physical retail store makes too much sense, but hey it is what I love and I am going to give it a crazy shot. It also gives me a lot more power in trying to get EUCs a protected legal status here in my own state, or at least my own city and later on the state.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Trey Lewis said:

To be fair, I don't think EUC's are at a point where a physical retail store makes too much sense,

You may be right, but the renovation you did is excellent.  Maybe this store is selling the store?^_^

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Dingfelder said:

Almost all the US EUC videos I see are solo acts, or occasionally only one friend/partner filming another.

I think group riding is slowly beginning to grow in the US. Some nice examples are in the video section of this forum. Admittedly we are far behind France, for instance!

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, Trey Lewis said:

To be fair, I don't think EUC's are at a point where a physical retail store makes too much sense

Have as much contact with the public as possible. I think if you are very aggressive and creative with promotions and events, lessons, etc. you will become the EUC ambassador in your community, and your store will become the hub and resource center where everyone automatically goes for information, camaraderie, and of course sales & support when someone wants to buy a wheel. Soon you'll be the E-Roue of Arkansas.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Trey Lewis said:

We are trying to add some other stuff to it, we spent so much time and effort on this project. The floor, the paint, everything had to be redone here. We want to create something amazing.

It's simple, neat and functional. That already makes it way above average.

1 hour ago, Trey Lewis said:

To be fair, I don't think EUC's are at a point where a physical retail store makes too much sense, but hey it is what I love and I am going to give it a crazy shot. It also gives me a lot more power in trying to get EUCs a protected legal status here in my own state, or at least my own city and later on the state.

Wait, you will NOT mainly ship out wheels and the store is mostly showroom and warehouse? It's really retail only? (With other stuff bringing in enough money.)

Your central geographical location is not bad at all (and unique) so it's a bit surprising you don't sell online and ship. Might be worth it, but you know better, and also it's a question whether you want to do that.

@MaxLinux Thanks

17 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

It's simple, neat and functional. That already makes it way above average.

Wait, you will NOT mainly ship out wheels and the store is mostly showroom and warehouse? It's really retail only? (With other stuff bringing in enough money.)

Your central geographical location is not bad at all (and unique) so it's a bit surprising you don't sell online and ship. Might be worth it, but you know better, and also it's a question whether you want to do that.

@MaxLinux Thanks

We will certainly be shipping out across the US. That is where we expect a ton of our sales to be. With that being said Max is on the money with the fact we will be kind of the go to place for the area. It is pretty rare to be able to walk in to a local EUC shop and check out, ride, and converse with other riders to figure out what works best for you. I think it will be an awesome experience for those in the area. A couple members from the forum have already been in contact with us or purchased a wheel. I have seen some familiar names on our giveaway post too. 

I think the physical storefront is a plus even for online shoppers though, to know and see our workshop and store. I want people to be aware that we are serious about EUCs and committed fully to seeing them become an awesome part of personal transportation.

Meet-ups and events are definitely a big part of this. Before I moved here there wasn't an EUC around as far as I could tell. I really wanted a community to ride with and I guess this way I can just slowly build one! Northwest Arkansas could be one of the first central areas to really adopt EUCs into their lives. That is our goal at least.

Physical store is a huge point in credibility. (Make sure to have that as a banner/background image on the online store so people can't help but notice it)

From my own experience, the other one is a decent Youtube channel. I'd never have bought a 1500+ wheel from some small webstore with who knows behind it without these people's Youtube videos (speedyfeet and myfunwheel come to mind as best examples). So get videoing if you can:) (maybe this is what you already will be doing with "content creation").

Edited by meepmeepmayer

11 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Physical store is a huge point in credibility. (Make sure to have that as a banner/background image on the online store so people can't help but notice it)

From my own experience, the other one is a decent Youtube channel. I'd never have bought a 1500+ wheel from some small webstore with who knows behind it without these people's Youtube videos (speedyfeet and myfunwheel come to mind as best examples). So get videoing if you can:) (maybe this is what you already will be doing with "content creation").

The Youtube aspect will be a huge focus. I look up to Ian a lot at Speefyfeet and thing he does a great job. We have the gear for it now and the person helping me with all the content will be here soon and the creating will start. We see an identity that can be unique to us as far as what our brand and store means. It will just be a while until we can fully realize that goal.

30 minutes ago, esaj said:

Remembered that I took some photos during yesterdays' longer ride. I took a break at my old elementary school (grades 1-6), now closed and all boarded up, graffitis on the walls. Somehow kinda spooky, although it was bright daylight ;)

z8rgbLq.png

P9oYyGn.png

From the other side:

bCiEIHf.png

Nice looking school buildings.  Are those red things between the steps slides?  That must have been fun and fast when they had ice on them.  They reminded me of the superslides that were popular here a long time ago.  You'd walk a long stairway up to the top, about 100 feet up, they gave you a piece of some kind of cloth to sit on, and zoom down on on a slide that undulated like it looks like in your photo.  I wonder if any superslides are still around, wikipedia here I go:efee612b4b:

BTW, those look like some fairly steep slopes on the driveway, how did the Kingsong perform there?

Edited by steve454
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, steve454 said:

Nice looking school buildings.  Are those red things between the steps slides?  That must have been fun and fast when they had ice on them.  They reminded me of the superslides that were popular here a long time ago.  You'd walk a long stairway up to the top, about 100 feet up, they gave you a piece of some kind of cloth to sit on, and zoom down on on a slide that undulated like it looks like in your photo.  I wonder if any superslides are still around, wikipedia here I go:efee612b4b:

Yeah, they're slides, although I don't remember if they were there when I went to that school or if they came later.

• Upvote 1

On 5/20/2017 at 1:44 PM, Pingouin said:

Hi guys,

26km in the moutains with a friends gotway mcm3 340Wh, +700m elevation, a 14 inch EUC is very capable on rough surfaces.

AR0yWfX.jpg

ZvJ4e15.jpg

Great photos!  But the second one looks like you crashed?  Whoa!  Those are some spooky looking woods!

1 hour ago, meepmeepmayer said:

56k warning. If not all pictures load, reload (F5) or use a better browser:P

Here's a photo ride story of my spontaneous afternoon/evening ride today. Decided to take some pictures to show the area here (minus the uglier parts). Gorgeous weather, the route is south towards the Alps without much plan. On principle, every picture has to have a wheel somewhere (worked out well... almost). As always, click for full view. Here we go...

--

Random (but scenic) farm settlement along the way south. With horse:)

18046.jpg

18047.jpg

Things you can find on Bavarian roadsides. "Jesus, take the wheel"?

18049.jpg

Crossing the west-east Autobahn southwards (view east). You can see a bridge behind those signs, keep it in mind.

18050.jpg

Road through a bit of forest. Looking back from where I came (find the hidden wheel;)). Looking forward, the second picture shows some mountains looming behind the trees.

18053.jpg

18055.jpg

Pretty farmhouse after leaving the forest. Got stopped there by a young car driver who was interested how much a wheel costs, how far it goes, etc. He considers it a great city commute (said he'll be moving to Munich soon).

18056.jpg

Not far further. Gorgeous lighting and view. The different panorama modes of the default Android/Google Camera app are fantastic!

18057.jpg

18058.jpg

Curious look. "What is that?Lots of bikers, hikers, dog walkers, etc. underway today.  Got a lot of interested looks (when overtaking them:P).

The sign rhymes in German...

18060.jpg

Further eastwards parallel to the mountains. Neat villages/farms along the road.

18061.jpg

Panorama on the same spot. Nice view (but no wheel in the picture)!

18063.jpg

Crossing another (north-south) Autobahn eastwards. This is the view south. Behind the two mountains on the side of the valley, Austria begins. Follow this road along the Inn valley (turns right before that distant rocky mountain) and then south over the Brenner pass, and you end up in Italy. From the photo spot, it's only a few hours to the Italian Dolomites, Lago di Garda (Lake Garda), or Venice. Not bad!

18065.jpg

Got soon stopped by a couple on bikes who were very intrigued about the wheel.

Turned north to northwest, and crossed back to the Autobahn's west side after a few km...

And then suddenly ...

Horses:) (lots of them, not all pictured) These five came closer when I stopped for a picture. They must have been interested in the ACM (why else would animals approach a person approaching their enclosure?;)). Even animals like wheels.

18071.jpg

More pretty fields and farms along the way back. Nice mountain view.

18072.jpg

Crossing the Autobahn back north, looking east. Remember that bridge in the distance from crossing the first time? This is on it.

You can see a junction (blue signs). Go straight and you end up in Salzburg, Austria (1h). Go right, and you're at the previous spot towards Italy.

18074.jpg

Farm along the way. Chickens must also like wheels. What else could it be?;)

18075.jpg

Small village with big church (looking back, came from down there). Got honked by a guy while crossing the road next to the church. "Cool, ich hab auch eins!" ("Awesome, I have one too!"). Unfortunately he didn't stop. But there's another wheeler around here somewhere.

18076.jpg

After a few more km on the way home, after some positive comments by some hikers (which I overtook, naturally:P) I met the same guy again and got a honk and a thumbs up (different road directions and quite fast, so sadly no stopping again).

Phone battery died here (these panorama modes eat battery like crazy), so no more photos. But it was not too far from home, and not much more to show either.

~35% battery for ~33 km (ACM 1300), 2:30 h of pure riding time (not too fast), 20 mins for photo stops in between. Awesome weather, and awesome how warm weather (20°C+) increases the battery capacity, almost 1% per km!

Hope you enjoyed.

Great photos, didn't know you could get to Italy so fast and so close.  I know why the horses and chickens like the wheel, you've been giving them treats, haven't you?;)  Nice scenery there, and the weather looks perfect.

2 hours ago, esaj said:

Remembered that I took some photos during yesterdays' longer ride. I took a break at my old elementary school (grades 1-6), now closed and all boarded up, graffitis on the walls. Somehow kinda spooky, although it was bright daylight ;)

I see you left your mark!:P

• Upvote 2