The Photo Thread

SlowMo

On 2/17/2017 at 9:12 PM, gotmotion2016 said:

Since i own my euc i saw more off my neightborhood than the last 10 years

Ha, I had the same experience. As a result of riding my EUC on a daily basis during the past year, I am now familiar with streets that I never entered before despite being quite near to where I live. It has been very enjoyable actually seeing my neighborhood.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Bob Eisenman said:

Technology stuff.

Laptop

Blender 'FruitSplash' render  (tutorial by Andrew Price)

Ninebot One E+ (3506 miles)

Original EUC box

IMG_20170304_163456.jpg

I have an Acer laptop very similar to that one, without the sticker in the lower right corner.  I think I read that they are made in Taiwan, sort of low end but mine has worked fine for about four years now. (but I don't use it for anything other than surfing the web)

Are you looking to sell and move on?  Your Ninebot has an impressive mileage on it, one time going through the app rankings saw you listed pretty high up in the rankings.

It's an V3-575-50TD-US , about a year old. Although I like Apple I've never bought one. My brain identifies with its HD size, quad core Intel processor, 64 bit, Windows 10, etc. It connects well to the library Internet. Cortana (voice prompting ) has no use without an internet connection. In the quiet library Cortana allows the user to highlight text, mouse click on the highlighted text and read the Cortana results retrieve in a side panel , similar to Googl'ing.

I went through a period of learning, assembling and using Raspberry Pi hardware and OS but a decent laptop beats the Pi on multitude of levels, except perhaps portable GPS mapping and surveillance cam types of computing.

The processing power makes portable anything I've ever tried on my desktops. After a few months and various attempts doing the sorts of things I tried on my desktop, including booting a Linux OS from a flash drive, during a period of careful use , one of the USB ports died. It was under warranty and went off to Temple , TX for service. I think they replaced the whole MB. It's been running fine since then. They keep the original box if used for packaging to them. I enjoy Blender 3d modeling to a point but find I need to be simultaneous connected to the Internet , allowing Google searching and Youtube watching, to make any progress . A not too recent move to this apartment leaves me unconnected (still) to the Internet which was dial up 45k bandwidth around 2006. The cool light portability of the Acer makes it possible to connect at wifi hotspots.  My last laptop was a Windows Millennium variety and my bag of laptop items runs about 10 pounds.....too much even its day to lug around.

I go through cycles of interest in making synth music. LMMS (Linux multimedia Studio) and MuseScore run on the Acer. A demo track of an LMMS sounds like :

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B07we0osMR1zbVU2Nmpsa3h0TkE/view?usp=drivesdk

If you like jazz and can run MuseScore then you'll enjoy the midi files obtained from Doug McKenzie's website

http://www.bushgrafts.com/jazz/midi.htm

Considering the numerous tumbles the Ninebot has taken, its rugged design powers up and runs fine. I can't say the same for the Generic 14 inch that got me interested in riding the EUC.

The new pics are the Ninebot at unboxing and the bot near a hostel in Northwest Washington DC (near the 'Big Slice pizza shop'  last June.

IMG_20160601_112811015_HDR.jpg

IMG_20160616_185701079_HDR.jpg

The idea of Google Street mapping much of the urban world amazes me, but I suppose that's part of what 'big data' computing is all about. Here is a Street View of the same soda machine and 'Jumbo Slice Pizza' Shop across from the Highroad Hostel in DC.

On 3/4/2017 at 6:34 PM, steve454 said:

the app rankings saw you listed pretty high u

The top 100 (total miles) list on the Ninebot One app is relatively static as compared to lower mileage riders rank. Perhaps like a bunch of beached whales who tend not to ride as much as you might think, although some exceptions exist.

Screenshot_2017-03-05-22-07-39.png

• Upvote 1

Can someone explain to me why some of my photos taken with my iPhone are too big to upload on here and some aren't? They are taken with the same phone same time just different angles, but I keep getting the pop up saying most of them are too big when I try to upload them and it's always the best ones. Is anyone else experiencing the same thing?

2 hours ago, Shabba said:

Can someone explain to me why some of my photos taken with my iPhone are too big to upload on here and some aren't? They are taken with the same phone same time just different angles, but I keep getting the pop up saying most of them are too big when I try to upload them and it's always the best ones. Is anyone else experiencing the same thing?

The images are compressed (typically JPEG or PNG), and the amount and size of different colored areas affect the final file size (as well as the compression rate, which lowers the image quality by losing details), so even though the pixel-amount per image is the same, the final file size can vary a lot.

compression-glasses.jpg

The forum has very limited space for files, and thus the space allocated for each user is not much. Use an image-hosting -site, like http://imgur.com/ for example, and link the image to your post, like @Hunka Hunka Burning Love suggested.

Edited by esaj
  • Upvote 2

Nice photo!  Not too shabby, Shabba.  Is that Clearwater?  I might suggest trying a site like Imgsafe.  It has direct links so after you upload, you click the thumbnail which opens the image page.  You can copy the URL and paste it directly here.  The forum doesn't automatically embed photos that are on webpages so you need a direct link.

https://imgsafe.org/

Edited by Hunka Hunka Burning Love