The Photo Thread

SlowMo

Hah, I was into 3D helis too, for 3 years, RC modelling for 8 years, and now I've moved on to FPV flying, but I stopped for electric vechicles (bicycles, EUC..), still have a few drones, and two "shitty" helis. I had a Trex 700E FBL, Trex 550E FBL, Trex 250SE FBL, sjm400, Outrage fusion 50, Trex 500ESP and a few others...good memories :)

MSH helis are great !

For those wondering what is 3D flying, look at this video:

Edited by Pingouin
  • Upvote 1

The dj phantom 3 is a classic, I have more like "sports" quadcopter, and a hexacopter with gimball and stuff.
 Had a few FPV planes, set up for long tange (up to 35km los). Helis are very different, much harder to set up properly, and piloting technics are tough (much more than riding an EUC). Had to choose between EUC and FPV so...I stopped buying aircraft for now ^^

I think RC technology and EUC are very close, like the stabilization system in flybarless helicopter systems, basically an upgrade of the 3 gyroscopes that are in our EUC.

The advantage of EUC, is that you can ride them, difficult thing to do with RC aircrafts ^^

With the 640 wh battery edition and the control board on top, would you get about 60 km range?  How's the larger tire like going over road bumps?  I would imagine it's better suited than a narrower 14" for bumps in the road?  It should be interesting to see how the 40A controller will be like in terms of speed.  I wish these Microworks boards could have pedal tiltback as sometimes it's difficult to hear beeps in a noisy or windy environment.

The minimalist case sort of grows on you.  It reminds me of a slightly chunky version of the Gotway Msuper.

Edited by HunkaHunkaBurningLove

20 minutes ago, HunkaHunkaBurningLove said:

With the 640 wh battery edition and the control board on top, would you get about 60 km range?  How's the larger tire like going over road bumps?  I would imagine it's better suited than a narrower 14" for bumps in the road?  It should be interesting to see how the 40A controller will be like in terms of speed.  I wish these Microworks boards could have pedal tiltback as sometimes it's difficult to hear beeps in a noisy or windy environment.

The minimalist case sort of grows on you.  It reminds me of a slightly chunky version of the Gotway Msuper.

I have never tried 640wh, because the space to install battery pack is limited. But it seems interesting that install two battery packs on each side and control board on top, since 40 A has already equipped with two battery pack ports.

My unicycle adopts larger tire(14*2.5 type), when riding, it seems more stable than narrower one(14*1.25), but it is also less flexible. 

As for 40A, pedal tiltback has been added, app is under designing, users could change the tiltback speed via app.

Max speed is depended by motor power, with higher motor power capacity, max speed of 40A could far over 40 km/h.  

Major update:

1.two output DC 12 V ports in 2 pin and 4 pin, users could add headlight, taillight, led strap or blue tooth speaker to listen to music;

2.one output DC 60 V port in 2 pin, it can supply power for other board, especially for one wheel motorcycle which has LED screen display;

3. I/O port, users could add electronic brake, suitable for one wheel motorcycle with handle bar;

4. two battery pack ports;

5.one remote controller port;

6.LED power indicator, it supports up to 6 leds;

7.one electronic accelerator port, suitable for one wheel motorcycle with handle bar;

• Upvote 3

19 hours ago, MaxLinux said:

"offroad Muscle balance scooter"

I like the look of the tire being exposed like that!  Where can I buy one!:)

Edited by steve454
What does the other side look like? With cover off?

I really like the 12 MOSFET design.  Hopefully that should help reduce the chance of them burning out.  Is the flat heat dissipator plate adequate enough for cooling though as it appears to be just a flat piece of aluminum?  I wonder whether a different arrangement of the MOSFETs would have allowed for a shorter length PCB board.  Take a look at this compact Ninebot One E+ board:

image.jpg

You can see the six top MOSFETs aligned standing up with a heatsink connected to the other heatsink which is attached to the dissipator plate which is exposed to the air in the wheel chamber through a gasket sealed small opening underneath.  In this next photo you can glimpse one of the other six MOSFETs located below:

image.jpg

You can also see the Kapton film and non-conductive plastic white screw spacers attaching the MOSFETs to the aluminum blocks.  This arrangement allows room for a larger heatsink which is always beneficial in keeping the MOSFETs at a happy temperature.  Unfortunately even with the smartly designed PCB and heatsinks people still report some overheating issues (steep prolonged hill climbing) so some air venting (tubular heat sink? B)) would have helped.  I wonder how well the MicroWorks wheel holds up to steep hill climbing... Does it have a temperature overheat sensor built in?  It's nice to see thicker gauge motor wiring in the MW wheel as compared to the thinner wiring in the Ninebot.  I remember @EUC Extreme melting the connection from one of his motor drive wires on a Rockwheel, but not everyone puts their wheel through as much punishment as him!

Edited by HunkaHunkaBurningLove
  • Upvote 2