The Photo Thread

SlowMo

2 hours ago, Fahrtwind said:

What a lovely place! Nice! You did the whole track with one battery? Gotway 680Wh right? Whats your weight? 56km is quite impressive...

Actually I first rode about 8km from my place to the train station, and 56km is from the train's destination back to my place.

I'm a bit over 100kg so no way I did that on a single charge.

Yes it is a 680Wh. We stopped after about 21km for lunch in a place we knew we could charge our batteries, and I used a 5A charger, so by the time it took us to eat, my wheel was fully charged.

I rode a lot of the remaining way at the limit before the 3 beeps which is 23km/h according to Gotway App, which means about 20Km/h IRL.

I'll try to make a video soon, it was one of the best rides I've had in the area.

• Upvote 1

• 5 months later...
1 minute ago, Jonathan Tolhurst said:

Clevedon Pier brings back some very fond memories- I once spent a night next to the boat ramp near the pier to catch an crazy early morning tide up to Sharpness Docks when kayaking from lands end to John O groats. The tide there is huge!

We forget how lucky we are to live on the coast sometimes. Having the EUC's helps me see a lot more of the town. :-)

@Scully great photos of the Gotway!  It looks really good with the design changes starting to look more appealing to the eye, not boxy at all like the previous versions, and the orange paint is nice.  It doesn't even need a mudflap, even with the tire exposed so high, I can see that the tailight area catches all the muddy water.

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Some photos from my 3rd mountain ride with my first wheel (ACM 1300Wh, first outdoors ride was last Saturday). Earlier photos can be seen here (scroll down for more): 

It's the same place (see link), but I went higher up and there it was ice, slush and snow only. The ACM powered through the snow and slush fantastically.

--

The Story to go along:

#1 Hidden EUC in the picture... can you find it?

#2 Same place, looking forwards (uphill)

#3 Some further up... you don't even need a stand for your EUC

#4 View

#5 Can you tell it might be icy?

#6 My first actual fall (as opposed to involuntary step down). Turns out hard ice is really slippery, as opposed to melting ice (and you can't see the difference before it's too late). I have a nice big phone-shaped bruise on my upper leg where the phone was in my pocket. This is where I turned around after 1.5 hours of massively demanding (for the wheel) uphill riding (harsh snow, deep ice slush, hard brittle ice, ...).

#7 Looking back downhill while processing the fall.

--

Everything is good though, it was a strenuous ride (especially going down again, the ice slush had frozen then and I was cautious) but I gave up way before the EUC did (less than 30% battery needed for over 1.5 hours uphill, and I got 8% back downhill). Amazing what these machines can do.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

Looks very challenging ride! ?? With spikes it could be easier.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Some photos from my 3rd mountain ride with my first wheel (ACM 1300Wh, first outdoors ride was last Saturday). Earlier photos can be seen here (scroll down for more): 

The ACM powered through the snow and slush fantastically.

Great terrain, just imagine how you will conquer these slopes in the summer ! 

• Upvote 1

Took this somewhere west of Torreveija.  Riding on sand is fun...until you "discover" a soft spot and spin out. 

5dd57d435a.jpeg

This is just east of Torreveija.  I rode out there from the street.  Behind me is a sheer drop of about 20m to the sea.  I think I took a video too. It was really windy that day.

5de68d927c.jpeg

Popped out for some carrots.  Supermarket trolley-chains aren't meant for little 14"wheels.

5df4470e14.jpeg

Edited by Smoother
  • Upvote 3

I live near the forrest, so many times late in the evening, or at night wheel trough the forrest.

Didn't had the time to take a foto, but had it 2 times already that a fox was crossing my path, same with deers.

Since i own my euc i saw more off my neightborhood than the last 10 years, especcialy during hte learning period.:blink1: