The Photo Thread

SlowMo

On 5/3/2017 at 9:38 AM, meepmeepmayer said:

Have you Blender-ed a EUC already, or is it not the kind of thing you're learning with?

I haven't tried to model an EUC (yet) but someone else from this forum did(see attachment). I don't think I could match the detail the forum rider put into the mesh. 

20%(battery level) slowdown on your long range battery must be quite a few miles as compared to 5 or 6 miles on the Ninebot One E+.

My smartphone throttles after 5GB data each month so unless I'm at a public wifi area keeping up with the forum is a an issue. I sort of don't follow a lot of the topics and responses on the forum with several exceptions. I think I found this forum while searching for a solution to a loose recharger connection but then got caught up with the social mecia aspect of so many posts.

I've noticed that you are a highly interactive member. 

Nice photos.

MSuper-18V3-056D-wireonly.thumb.jpg.5a5489d03343bb832bc2bf41899315dc.jpg

• Upvote 1

On 5/3/2017 at 9:38 AM, meepmeepmayer said:

Thanks for the nice comments

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B07we0osMR1zc1dhaTZfVTd4Q2c

206 rider log entries from about 3,500 miles of Ninebot riding (June 2016 to March 2017) are at this Google Drive folder link. If your interested have a look. They are mostly repetitive entry format about ride destination and mileage .

21 minutes ago, Bob Eisenman said:

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B07we0osMR1zc1dhaTZfVTd4Q2c

206 rider log entries from about 3,500 miles of Ninebot riding (June 2016 to March 2017) are at this Google Drive folder link. If your interested have a look. They are mostly repetitive entry format about ride destination and mileage .

Wow, I have a little list but just with date and a quick description to help remember what it was. Not such professional bookkeeping. I like how you could compute your battery cycles from your info.

3 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Not such professional bookkeeping.

You know how it is, when you decide to record a sort of diary and commit to several key ideas despite the simple nature of each endeavor. Since most of my rides are within a 20 mile radius of where I live I guess I could create a sort of 'heat' map to show myself where I went the most. But really ...a heat map of going to the mall and the grocery store ?!

Around 1990 I was working on a floor with several German's (3?). One German woman who I passed frequently in the building passageway but never really spoke to wore a pair of glasses frames that were unforgettable mod black and white frame pattern. I asked her where she was from ....I think she may had said Essen.

About that time I met Manfred (from Wuerzburg) . Later in 2012, while I was doing a genealogy search I emailed him. His response was:

"Dear Bob,

since Germans were a significant part of American settlers many Americans will find German roots. It is more difficult then to trace these back in Germany as few relatives were left here and it becomes a problem to reconstruct even the correct German names. I easily identified my relatives until 1800, but then it is tricky. In your case Alsace-Lorraine and Prussia are also quite a bit apart (at least by the standards of the 1800s).........."

Hi, thanks a lot - oh no - the 1508Wh-Version was to much Money for me.
I am starting with the 680Wh-Version. If i want more range - i can
upgrade the Battery-Pack later.
But 60km are unreachable at this time for me.
First i have to ride 100km with the Rookie-Mode - max 17km/h before beeping ;(

100 km is nothing when you get a new wheel, 3 day rides or so, can't take longer than a week. If you contacted KS for a unlock code, it would probably take more time to get an answer than just ride;) (or does the dealer do that?)

I thought you maybe bought from Ali. The € KS prices are indeed crazy. Would/could not buy at these prices as well<_<

Edited by meepmeepmayer
  • Upvote 1

On 3/15/2017 at 11:05 AM, Shabba said:

Can someone explain to me why some of my photos taken with my iPhone are too big to upload on here and some aren't? They are taken with the same phone same time just different angles, but I keep getting the pop up saying most of them are too big when I try to upload them and it's always the best ones. Is anyone else experiencing the same thing?

Front cam vs. rear cam? Way different resolutions, and therefore pic size. 

1 hour ago, GoinPostal said:

why some of my photos taken with my iPhone are too big to upload on here and some aren't?

Image compression algorithms are highly dependent on the nature of the photo. The more detail there is, for example, the larger the file will have to be. The photo you posted, (which is awesome, BTW) uses a lot of blue, most of which (in the sky) is almost the same shade, so it can be compressed very easily with little loss of fidelity. 

• Upvote 1

On 5/6/2017 at 11:57 PM, Razumpel said:

Hi,

a new lovely Day - and my new Toy at my first tour along the River Rhine :lol:

KS18.JPG

Give us a review and report!  I'm strongly leaning toward getting that one myself!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Riding in the Hotel is very funny :lol:

I prefer to ride outside...

As @meepmeepmayer already said - my wheel is now free to race...

I turned the first and second alarm off, set the 3rd on 27 km/h and the tilt-back on 28km/h

i will take the first ride with my new settings today in the evening...

@Dingfelder - i will gladly write a short review - but where in this forum ?

Here are some Impressions from my last ride yesterday in the evening:

KS-Rhein.JPG

KS-Baum.JPG

• Upvote 3

Dreamy pictures.

10 hours ago, Razumpel said:

As @meepmeepmayer already said - my wheel is now free to race...

I turned the first and second alarm off, set the 3rd on 27 km/h and the tilt-back on 28km/h

You have a KS18AY right? So the wheel can go faster than this, you just set the alarms to your liking?

I would NOT set the tiltback so close to the speed limit, but maybe 5 km/h higher (if there's room to spare). Sudden tiltback might crash you, not sure how harsh the KS non-emergency tiltback is. Have you tried it (at lower speeds)?