The Photo Thread

SlowMo

@Bob Eisenman You're riding again! Hope your shoulder is getting better! I think of all the injuries reported here (in your case hidden really well in offtopic threads) yours were the worst:shock2: Just don't fall again, especially now;) Do you have hard protectors for the heels of your hands (and possibly the wrists), I only see the cloth gloves...

@kasenutty Did he give it back?:P

• Upvote 1

On 5/29/2017 at 9:11 AM, Rehab1 said:

I tried to grab my Inmotion to pose for this bat photo but my wife and daughter were screaming to much!

It looks like he is giving you the middle finger sign:lol:  Your puny kitchen towel can't hurt me!  Ho hum, think I will hang around for awhile.

Edited by steve454
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, meepmeepmayer said:

I only see the cloth gloves...

Yeah...I have the 'triple threat' guard deal on plus a helmet. After watching Radislav's trick video jump sequence where he wore elbow guards I decided to use them as well.

Three consecutive days of rain are predicted starting Sunday night. My PT asked Friday if I'd been out riding and the thought set in. Great weather, takin it slow, bending the knees at bumps, etc. Just before returning a driver waiting for a light said 'keep rolling'!?

Thanks...good riding to you too.?

A receptionist at the small PT clinic is from the Ukraine. Maybe the church in your photo is an (Eastern?) Orthodox style church .

These EUCs can really take a lot of abuse, unlike the riders of them.?

I learned today from a classical radio station that Prokofiev (Peter and the Wolf) lived in Ettal in the Bavarian Alps.

Nice photos! Happy Trails!

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Some pictures from today's mountain ride.

The cool thing about the first 2 pictures (although you can't see it) is that the ride started at 520 m altitude (1700 ft for the Hamburger people) and this is along a ridge at about 1100 m (3600 ft) with the highest point of the route being 1200 m (4000 ft) previously. The ACM did a 680 m altitude climb, which is quite a lot (also quite steep sometimes). The entire thing was a bit of a mountain/incline/max current test (more about that at a later date).

Great pics!  That's exactly the kind of environment I look forward to taking my EUC through once I can do it.

17 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

The flat bottom land

The flatness of the land to the horizon in 'the cows' photo is remarkable. It's the kind of flatness one sees at the beach while looking out over the ocean as far as one can see.

2 hours ago, Bob Eisenman said:

The flatness of the land to the horizon in 'the cows' photo is remarkable. It's the kind of flatness one sees at the beach while looking out over the ocean as far as one can see.

One more photo showing the mountain-flat transition, plus a (slightly botched) panorama from the same spot. There are plenty of such overlook spots around here.

21462.jpg

21420.jpg

Edited by meepmeepmayer
  • Upvote 3

During a evening ride, standing in front of the former royal palace in Holland:ph34r:

IMG_3445.jpg

Edited by gotmotion2016
  • Upvote 3

7 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

Future EUC riders with Luffy and matching pilot helmets.:)

That's a good idea, it gives them another reason to have helmets, if they want to ride the Luffy, they have to have helmets on.  Kind of an extra incentive.

The paint job on those helmets is pretty cool, not just plain white helmets.  Are those custom painted?

Edited by steve454
  • Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, steve454 said:

That's a good idea, it gives them another reason to have helmets, if they want to ride the Luffy, they have to have helmets on.  Kind of an extra incentive.

The paint job on those helmets is pretty cool, not just plain white helmets.  Are those custom painted?

The triplets are wearing cranial remolding helmets. Their little heads were misshapen. Yes a local artist painted them. They are precious!

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, MaxLinux said:

Marty's Gotway helmet looks kind of boring in comparison!

Yeah, I should get @Rehab1 to hook me up with that local artist ;)

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Yeah, I should get @Rehab1 to hook me up with that local artist ;)

I got it!! A MBB helmet! :P ( Using abbreviations so the PC crowd don't get upset!) ;)

• Upvote 3

30 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

I got it!! A MBB helmet! :P ( Using abbreviations so the PC crowd don't get upset!) ;)

:cheers:

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

:cheers:

Your such a good sport Marty! So glad you belong to this forum!:thumbup:

Edited by Rehab1
  • Upvote 3

On 6/3/2017 at 6:08 PM, meepmeepmayer said:

I think of all the injuries reported here (in your case hidden really well in offtopic threads) yours were the worst:shock2:

It happened after going around a curve from one Street to another and downhill a bit while going fast. Maybe a combination of speed, accumulated road salt, low temperature and unseen ruts. The ground is really really hard upon impact. ? My EUC is not made for all weather speed and terrain roughness. No beeps that I remember.

I rode over the spot on Saturday in the normally expected way.

PT has me working on mini pushups off a table.

IMG_20170606_092807.jpg

IMG_20170606_092559.jpg

8 hours ago, Bob Eisenman said:

My EUC is not made for all weather speed and terrain roughness.

I wonder if an IPS LHotz with the 2.5 inch wide tire might be good for you.  Several people have said in the forum that it is a very good wheel for rough terrain and hills.  But with as many miles as you have ridden, this just may be a freak accident that will never happen again.  I imagine road salt could be slippery, like riding on sand.

• Upvote 3

On 6/6/2017 at 7:42 AM, Pingouin said:

Going out with a friend, taking a picture of our EUC's in front of an antique WWII tank :)

jfhhf.jpg

That's a cool photo, is that a Renault tank?  The suspension was ahead of it's time.  Those must be new tracks, you can see there is plenty of adjustment left in the front adjustable gear.  Also there are some kinks in the tracks like they were never used and broken in.  See behind the first bogey and at the top in several places.  Used tracks would be uniformly smooth in their droop.  Pretty clever of the French to hide in plain sight fully functional military weaponry.:roflmao:I guess most countries do that, though.

Edited by steve454
  • Like 1