The Photo Thread

SlowMo

11 hours ago, Pingouin said:

antique WWII tank

Maybe just a coincidence but with regard to post WWII tank pictures I was watching the YouTube vlog of a travelling bass musician named Janek Gwizdala. One of his vlogs from Brno, Czech Republic shows a tank painted pink as per town decision.

21954.jpg

https://goo.gl/images/cRZZhg

A person only uses road salt if they are worried about snow and, more importantly, black ice forming.  That stuff can send your car flying and is very hard even to walk on, especially if there is any kind of slope involved.  I've fallen on it just walking plenty of times.  My mother drove her car off an embankment when she hit black ice.

So while I would love to use an EUC in winter weather, I would be very very careful where I was riding it.  If I'm justifiably nervous about walking in it, then riding an EUC in it ....

21 hours ago, Bob Eisenman said:

Maybe just a coincidence but with regard to post WWII tank pictures I was watching the YouTube vlog of a travelling bass musician named Janek Gwizdala. One of his vlogs from Brno, Czech Republic shows a tank painted pink as per town decision.

21954.jpg

https://goo.gl/images/cRZZhg

First time ever saw a pink tank.:blink1:  Really weird looking. They color and the object just don't go together.   That looks like a US M60.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, steve454 said:

First time ever saw a pink tank

I'm from the US perspective like yourself but if you Google the images that retrieve from a search for 'Czech pink tank' you'll find several about the Russian tank(s). The history of Prague at that time period is complex but one report I read is found at:

http://www.radio.cz/en/section/curraffrs/the-complicated-history-of-pragues-tank-no-23

And for Brno can be read here

https://www.expats.cz/prague/article/weekly-czech-news/activists-attempt-to-paint-david-cernys-pink-tank-green/

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, steve454 said:

Really weird looking

I found the Janek Gwizdala YouTube video with the 'pink tank' (Russian made). The other guy explains to Gwizdala the meaning of the ' pink tank'. Key event dates are in 1945, 1968 and 1989.

Gwizdala, a travelling bass player and almost daily videographer-vlog, plays really good bass' loops ' in his performances and some videos. 

22051.jpg

• Upvote 2

22 hours ago, Bob Eisenman said:

I'm from the US perspective like yourself but if you Google the images that retrieve from a search for 'Czech pink tank' you'll find several about the Russian tank(s). The history of Prague at that time period is complex but one report I read is found at:

http://www.radio.cz/en/section/curraffrs/the-complicated-history-of-pragues-tank-no-23

And for Brno can be read here

https://www.expats.cz/prague/article/weekly-czech-news/activists-attempt-to-paint-david-cernys-pink-tank-green/

After looking again, the tread is different and the cupola on the turret is different from American tanks.  Also the barrel of the gun is longer.  The Russians made some badass tanks!

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, Pingouin said:

I love how an EUC can motivate you to discover new places that you would not visit if you had to walk there :D

Yep! Not worth walking, but worth riding!

Guess that shows that EUCs are a legitimate new mode of transportation (along with electric bikes and other electric vehicles), not just a toy.

Edited by meepmeepmayer
  • Upvote 2

On 6/7/2017 at 10:24 AM, Ombre said:

The end of yesterday's ride through Ohiopyle, Pennsylvania.  We rode a few miles of the Great Allegheny Passage (GAP) rail trail, then explored the town and waterfalls.  The GAP trail is hard packed dirt and easy riding, at least in this area.  The only minor issue was a few muddy spots since it has been raining a lot lately.

With a connection to the C&O Canal Towpath you can ride from Pittsburgh to Washington DC.  That would be an epic multi-day ride with camping along the way.

This trail will always be remembered by me as the first time I successfully rode on one foot!  :clap3:

EUC Ohiopyle PA 2017-05.jpg

Somewhere on my bucket list is a ride from D.C. to Pittsburgh, but I was thinking in terms of the bike.  Now I'm thinking outside that box.  

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, radial said:

Somewhere on my bucket list is a ride from D.C. to Pittsburgh, but I was thinking in terms of the bike.  Now I'm thinking outside that box.  

Being with a pretty girl in a beautiful place is wonderful, but EUC's do seem to take things to the next level.

16 minutes ago, Bob Eisenman said:

Ninebot App locked at The Home Depot

23417.jpg

I wonder what percentage of people will think it's a bomb?

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

what percentage of people

Use roofing screws to repair a door hinge?.... (A previous Apt. tennant).

I'm thinking 3/16 " x 3 " flat head screws are a good size to use.

I need a working (ie it can close and open without falling off the frame) door/hinge to run an 8000 BTU portable AC in a single room.

23434.jpg

Edited by Bob Eisenman
Insert pic

4 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Haha a lot of people wondering wtf

riding with flailing arms is caused by?

My arms tend to not flail when I ride. The only time my arms flail is when I'm seriously off the balanced ride position....then again I ride much more slowly than the Gotway crowd and tend not to ride really upright unless my legs are sore from bending. Is a high CG with the body not really tracking the EU a flailing arms inducer? I thought riding with my hands in my hooded sweatshirt was cool  until a recent event changed my mind.

Foam comments about the Ninebot picture. The green comes with the Ninebot and is really tight stuck to the plastic. The black and red come from remnants of a shin protective foam padding purchase for a generic 14 inch wheel. Even the Ninebots 'foam covers' caused shin swelling my first weeks with added strips highlighting where the shin abrasion was happening. After a few months the shin swelling went away but the padding remains.

I gave some thought to a new color combo but decided that 'scraping the old foam' off was more trouble than it was worth despite the off color comments about the appearance. Padding the underside of the pedals is bad news as turns tend to abrade off the foam. The other pedal has become foamless.

While many 'nifty' ideas for the EUC ( Bluetooth audio warning speaker, gigantic lights for night, ring bell, rear view helmets for road riding rear awareness, etc. have been reported on the forum the bottom line is that anyone who doesn't like the EUC or the person riding it can (on the forum or on the street-sidewalk) express whatever comes to mind.

16 minutes ago, Questor said:

Three electric machines.

You may now go about your business as usual.

:)

Q~

IMG_20170614_8692.jpg

You shouldn't put these together... Being near a Roomba will make your Ninebot feel self-concious about being under-powered, slower and less functional. 

Just saying...  :efee8319ab:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

You shouldn't put these together... Being near a Roomba will make your Ninebot feel self-concious about being under-powered, slower and less functional. 

Not gonna happen :) As my roomba can only transport my cat around (and cat is not comfortable at all by the look of it) while my 9b1 can carry me around effortlessly.

• Upvote 1

I didn't put them together. 

I think the Roomba is starting an army and they were having a meeting.

I for one will welcome my robot overlords...

Q~

• Upvote 2

Mean but funny!:roflmao:

Actually what's funny is, the Roomba probably has more miles on it than the NineBot.

That little vacuum runs for about two hours a day 5 - days a week and is about four years old now.

Anybody want to do the math?  How many miles is that?

• Upvote 1