The Photo Thread

SlowMo

On 6/15/2017 at 2:02 PM, Pingouin said:

Hi guys,

Here are some pics from my little night trip with a rented Etwow booster S2 electric scooter, I'll be doing a review of it this weekend !

A5hWcvS.jpg

QI0dOlR.jpg

I've never ridden one of those.  They look fun.

Do the little wheels make the ride really jarring if you go over any kind of rough surfaces or pebbles and the like?

• Upvote 1

On 6/14/2017 at 8:58 AM, Rehab1 said:

God I suck at taking pictures! My stupid head got in the way!  My pups Cooper and Abby.

9sKrBVZ.jpg

Cute dogs!

You know, I bet it's only a matter of time before someone teaches their dog to ride one of these ...

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

The Amish are so gracious! Normally they do not like their photos taken but the father agreed...sort of.:) Interesting contrast in technology.

I understand that "all technology is bad," but was there any Amish opinion / comment on the EUC?

Being how they are bizarre enough in the mainstream community, it must have been quite a different thing - unless of course there is an Amish BC wheeler out there somewhere...

Edited by The Fat Unicyclist
  • Upvote 2

If the Amish were really interested in avoiding bad technologies they would use square wheels. Also, wtf is up with their electric fireplaces? Haha

They use enough tools and contraptions that I think they're stupid as opposed to stoic.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

I understand that "all technology is bad," but was there any Amish opinion / comment on the EUC?

Being how they are bizarre enough in the mainstream community, it must have been quite a different thing - unless of course there is an Amish BC wheeler out there somewhere...

The father was asking all sorts of questions such as how long did it take to learn to ride, how do you go forwards and control the speed, how much did it cost? I then decided to ask if I could prop my wheel against his wagon and take a photo. Knowing the culture I was prepared for his polite response "No." But the rest of the family was far enough away looking at garage sale items that he finally concurred. Notice how he turned his face away from the camera.

The Amish actually do use power tools. I have hired them a number of times to perform maintenance at the lake. They love soda! :)

Edited by Rehab1
  • Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Finally, at 7 am, 6 hours and 15 minutes after I had left, I was home again. Tired but very happy.

Great story! I think that's the first "overnight" EUC ride I'm aware of!

I ride in the dark regularly during the winter months here in South Carolina, USA, but usually between 6 and 9 pm, and almost never later than 11 pm. The duration is typically between 1 and 2 hours.

As far as I could tell in the photos, you did not seem to be using a headlamp. I find a headlamp essential for night riding. My favorite is:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01JGYRBA2?ref_=ams_ad_dp_asin_2

• Upvote 1

Thanks (and for the lamp tip). It was indeed an overnight ride. Didn't plan to do one, but certainly didn't want to stop. One must give up before the wheel, that is the formula for battery happiness:wub:

If it is not totally pitch black, I can usually see quite well, and the ACM light is good enough for seeing bumps and holes in the way (at least if you're under 30 km/h). Only thing I'm worried about is cars not seeing me... so no need for a headlight. I assume it rather desensitizes your eyes if you use it so you see little besides where it shines?

On the other hand, maybe I should just try one.

Edited by meepmeepmayer

I love night rides, deserted streets and next to no traffic. I think most of my Firewheel-rides occurred between 9pm and 5am... At summer, it's light all around the clock, but towards autumn, it starts to get dark at nights. I probably should look into how to attach the riding lights to the KS's.

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

(If it looks like not all pictures load, reload [F5] until they do)

BIG BATTERIES ARE AWESOME! Electric unicycles are awesome! ACM is awesome! Night rides are awesome! :w00t2: Did a 57km, over 6 hour (including breaks), mostly unplanned ride.

Here's the story ....

YOUR POST IS AWESOME!

I just relived multiple flashbacks from the many happy years I enjoyed in Deutschland. Wish I had an EUC back then. Sigh.

Edited by litewave
  • Upvote 3

11 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

That's the end of the story. Hope you enjoyed. And learned something: in doubt, always go for the bigger battery. Absolutely worth it! :cheers:

Totally enjoyed your documented travels! As @Marty Backe has stated many times the USB port does come in handy! Hopefully on future designs GW keeps the port!

You definitely had a captive audience! :thumbup:

• Upvote 3

12 hours ago, esaj said:

I love night rides, deserted streets and next to no traffic. I think most of my Firewheel-rides occurred between 9pm and 5am... At summer, it's light all around the clock, but towards autumn, it starts to get dark at nights. I probably should look into how to attach the riding lights to the KS's.

Coming from my "Month May" Asia trip in Thailand....the guys of KS Thailand there are ONLY doing night trips...

Thats mostly because of the heat in the days and that you can not exist in the sun on the day! These night drives are the best i ever experienced....so much to show , the lights are fantastic and BKK at all is a great city a t night ;-)

• Upvote 3

13 hours ago, esaj said:

I love night rides, deserted streets and next to no traffic.

Yep. So relaxing!

And you can use all the streets that would usually be full of traffic. In an earlier night ride, I literally did circles on main intersections, went through the center of the city, snaked across the middle line while going along a 4 lane road, etc - great fun. And nothing of that was even planned, just the kind of thing that tends to happen;)

@Hunka Hunka Burning Love You want me to ride through the night and solve crimes? Why not:D

Then my ACM would also need an AI personality, and I would call it Ace (one syllable short for ACM) and it has to call me Michael (just so). I only hope the AI won't be made by the same Gotway engineers that designed the electronics;)

3 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

You definitely had a captive audience! :thumbup:

Funny thing is, in these flash photos you can see more than I could at the time. You heard the sheep first, and only then coming closer you could make some out.

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, Bob Eisenman said:

Tall ships and USCG Eagle at Sail Boston 2017

(from a foot walk along Boston harbor)

(from a foot walk along Boston harbor)

foot walk

You're doing it wrong;)

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

You're doing it wrong;)

The coast guard is doing it wrong, it's not possible that they had tall ships, unless @Bob Eisenman photoshopped it.  Or I missed something in American history. :huh:  Long story short, It's too deep, too deep!  Uh Oh, Bob, You weren't in the Coast Guard, were you?:pooping:  Gosh darn it, if I could have got a job in the Coast Guard, I would have retired from there.  Those lucky MF'ers.  Now I tell some jokes.  Cats ass rats ass dirty old, wait a minute, Mary Brown swore that no man would ever lay her down, but over the hill comes Piss Pot Pete, carrying 20 pounds of swinging, uh, tough titty said the kitty, but the milks still good,

Anyways, my ship was in drydock in Boston, and I met some great people up there, and will always have fond memories of Boston.  Except for the powerhouse bar and the triple parking and the dangerous driving.:blink1:

Edited by steve454