The Photo Thread

SlowMo

17 hours ago, Bob Eisenman said:

I thought riding with my hands in my hooded sweatshirt was cool  until a recent event changed my mind.

Oh, man, everytime I see a video of someone riding with hands in pockets it gives me the willys.  That's like riding a bicycle with no hands on the handlebars, looks cool but shouldn't do it for more than a few seconds or it's tempting fate.  As far as looking like a bomb at Home Depot, naw, the work gloves prove you are there for some home improvement items.  Hey, great photos you are posting, and glad you are riding again.

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, Bob Eisenman said:

Use roofing screws to repair a door hinge?.... (A previous Apt. tennant).

I'm thinking 3/16 " x 3 " flat head screws are a good size to use.

I need a working (ie it can close and open without falling off the frame) door/hinge to run an 8000 BTU portable AC in a single room.

23434.jpg

You could put some kind of thick adhesive like wood glue on the screws to fill in the gaps where the screws were torn out, and put some strong glue like Gorilla glue on the plate where the screws go through, put the door back and stick something in the gap at the other side of the door to put pressure on the glued area for a few hours until the glue dries, that would probably hold.  Other than that, I don't know, you might have to hire someone to fix it.:unsure:

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Questor said:

Actually what's funny is, the Roomba probably has more miles on it than the NineBot.

That little vacuum runs for about two hours a day 5 - days a week and is about four years old now.

Anybody want to do the math?  How many miles is that?

About 2000 hours, or about 60 miles, oww, my head.:wacko:

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, Bob Eisenman said:

You are the most serious dope on one wheel to make a statement like that.

I'm not sure whether you're complementing me or what :confused1:  Just to be clear, what I was alluding to, in this day and age the 'masses' will think anything strange left alone could be a bomb. I know for a fact that some people see our wheels sitting against a wall and are very suspicious of them. I'm just having some fun with your picture :D

2 minutes ago, Trey Lewis said:

I know not everyone checks the IPS section so I wanted to show just how slim the i5 really is. 

19182020_1751466081820498_1436569258_o.jpg

Cool. Is there actually enough room for a tire? :laughbounce2:

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, kasenutty said:

Is it nice that thin or are the pedals annoyingly close?

At first I couldn't decide. On my ACM is keep my feet all the way towards the center of the pedal but on the i5 I ride with them very far out. The pedal is wide enough to accommodate it and I think it is very comfortable. I didn't have a hard time transitioning to the wheel. I like not having contact with the wheel at all, and it is also why I assume there is no padding. I know some people like to hug the wheel though.

5 hours ago, steve454 said:

Oh, man, everytime I see a video of someone riding with hands in pockets it gives me the willys.  That's like riding a bicycle with no hands on the handlebars, looks cool but shouldn't do it for more than a few seconds or it's tempting fate.  As far as looking like a bomb at Home Depot, naw, the work gloves prove you are there for some home improvement items.  Hey, great photos you are posting, and glad you are riding again.

I've known so many people (and seen so many people) doing it for super long distances/times.  It always struck me as nuts, but I guess people just love doing that and always will.

4 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

not sure whether you're complementing me or what

Between you, me and others on this forum, I fatigue more at the pace of interest in the posted topics than from riding the EUC itself. Aside from passing over a bridge above commuter rail tracks where a kid was run over and killed on Friday  the EUC ride was typical for two miles each way. Maybe it's cell phone lag that makes the forum thing kind of a 'drag'. I doubt the EUC gathered any attention at all but the helmet, elbow and wrist guards didn't seem to impress the floor clerk I spoke with. Sometimes much of the sales traffic is Hispanic. During daylight hours a bunch of 'just from over the border' looking fellows hang out at start of the long entrance way waiting for 'pick up' types of jobs (a good guess). The EUC slips in and around the parking Malls (designated no parking fire lanes) without issues. Many buyers at the Home Depot walk out with really heavy loads that require extra effort to load and transport. I don't think in the several times I've ridden the thing there (backpack other times for showing helmet, etc) anyone batted an eyelash.

The EUC and rider can make the trip. The public reactions along the way vary for unforseen reasons. A home owner near the track and a few hundred feet from the local catholic church (source of predictable street parking and police crosswalk directives) was actually upbeat about the Ninebot as I rolled  past while he watered his lawn.

Thanks for the reply.

Edited by Bob Eisenman
Spelling
  • Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Bob Eisenman said:

Between you, me and others on this forum, I fatigue more at the pace of interest in the posted topics than from riding the EUC itself. Aside from passing over a bridge a above commuter rail tracks where a mid was run over and killed on Friday  the EUC ride was typical for two miles each way. Maybe it's cell phone lag that makes the forum thing kind of a 'drag'. I doubt the EUC gathered any attention at all but the helmet, elbow and wrist guards didn't seem to impress the floor clerk I spoke with. Sometimes much of the sales traffic is Hispanic. During daylight hours a bunch of 'just from over the border' looking fellows hang out at start of the long entrance way waiting for 'pick up' types of jobs (a good guess). The EUC slips in and around the parking Malls (designated no parking fire lanes) without issues. Many buyers at the Home Depot walk out with really heavy loads that require extra effort to load and transport. I don't think in the several times I've ridden the thing there (backpack other times for showing helmet, etc) anyone batted an eyelash.

The EUC and rider can make the trip. The public reactions along the way vary for unforseen reasons. A home owner near the track and a few hundred feet from the local catholic church (source of predictable street parking and police crosswalk directives) was actually upbeat about the Ninebot as I rolled  past while he watered his lawn.

Thanks for the reply.

Wow, I'm surprised that there's such a large contingent of Hispanics 'just from over the border' in Salem. You could be describing what I see here, but I'm in Southern California. Salem is a long way from the border. I guess construction in every state of the country has been taken over by cheap labor.

• Upvote 3

In the 1970s in Philadelphia I shared some lab space with someone from California. Her parents owned producing farm land in CA. She would talk about sky rocketing real estate prices and areas of housing booms. Years later she  (PhD in hand) abandoned the science career scene to be a lawyer (in CA?).

The local Boston (wharf area) economy awaits this weekend the arrival of the 'Tall Ships' and untold numbers of visitors, tour takers, restaurant patrons, evening boat cruisers, hotel space occupants, car lot parkers, bar hoppers , souvenier buyers, electronic car toll (tunnel and bridge) generators, and more. Security to be very tight for the event. I think the Tall Ships (some at least) are coming from a last stop in Halifax , Nova Scotia.

I wonder if 'codzilla' (Google C O D Z I L L A) will see a revenue spike?

1 minute ago, Pingouin said:

Hi guys,

Here are some pics from my little night trip with a rented Etwow booster S2 electric scooter, I'll be doing a review of it this weekend !

A5hWcvS.jpg

QI0dOlR.jpg

You're just addicted to electricity aren't you ;)

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Bob Eisenman said:

During daylight hours a bunch of 'just from over the border' looking fellows hang out at start of the long entrance way waiting for 'pick up' types of jobs (a good guess).

All the way up there?  Dang, that is kind of depressing.  I mean, it seems normal in the border states, but geez!  Is our economy still growing so fast that the normal birthrate can't keep up?  Did the Big Dig provide a lot of jobs?  And when it was finished there were too many workers?

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, steve454 said:

All the way up there?  Dang, that is kind of depressing.  I mean, it seems normal in the border states, but geez!  Is our economy still growing so fast that the normal birthrate can't keep up?  Did the Big Dig provide a lot of jobs?  And when it was finished there were too many workers?

People don't want to pay ordinary livable wages; much less for insurance and all the other expenses that come with the legal economy -- they want to pay what's necessary to get by in poverty when you're living 8 to a room.  You can't get away with that legally, so if they are available, the illegal will always find work.

• Upvote 2

On 6/6/2017 at 7:48 AM, Bob Eisenman said:

It happened after going around a curve from one Street to another and downhill a bit while going fast. Maybe a combination of speed, accumulated road salt, low temperature and unseen ruts. The ground is really really hard upon impact. ? My EUC is not made for all weather speed and terrain roughness. No beeps that I remember.

I rode over the spot on Saturday in the normally expected way.

PT has me working on mini pushups off a table.

IMG_20170606_092807.jpg

IMG_20170606_092559.jpg

I swear they are making asphalt harder these days!