Begode Master 134V 2400WH Suspension

Here is the Chance Hinz account of his Original v1 Master board failure:

Electric Unicycle dot org EUC | So after 1300 miles of extreme abuse my v1 board cutout 20’ after I finished taking 🥇 first at Shredfest | Facebook

Edited by fbhb
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, Wgm said:

Switched to V2 control board and it's totally different.  Way more easy power.  Better medium mode by far.  Soft mode now mostly works except at slow speeds.   But holy crap I feel for people who tried V1 and don't get a taste of the real master.  Its night and day.  Its like they were using RS firmware or something and now it's all master.  So much power!  Also switch was so easy 

Wow, can’t wait. Any change to top speed?

1 hour ago, UtahRider said:

Wow, can’t wait. Any change to top speed?

I haven't done a lift speed test.  I probably will never max It out either 😂

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, UtahRider said:

Has anyone tried Begode’s new upgraded shock that’s suppose be on the next batch of Masters?

Also very interested about that !
That will be the perfect time to order a Master
(4 me)

Gnarly crash, talking about breaking into pieces!

But back to my original question, what shocks have people bought/tested?

As far as I understood 50mm is maximum width of the shock, this will set a lot of limitation. I would could get one really good 54mm shock but quess it won't fit.

Edited by Kutvelo

On 7/4/2022 at 10:59 PM, omshree said:

For the full range of the shock, you need this:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/ElectricUnicycle/posts/5233598880071366

What I have essentially ask to help preventing anyone purchasing incorrect part is the maximum diameter of the shock. I.E. can't fit 75mm width coil for sure, but can 60mm diameter coil fit? Still asking if someone with master could measure this for the community please.

I have the modified suspension coming, after talking with manufacturer he told me the Deluxe+ should fit in he's system which is 54,5mm dia.

=> Thus we can say 55mm diameter should fit in the modified system.
=> For the modified system manufacturer suggested RockShox Monarch RT3, newer versions are thicker with debonair.
=> For the modified system stroke is 51mm and for the original 35mm (both lenght eye to eye 190mm).

Edited by Kutvelo
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Timl said:

A 134V 2400Wh wheel with 5Ah 21700 cells has a 32s4p config.

They normally have about 1,5A charge current specified - so ~4x1.5A=6A. 10A is 66% more current, thermally/power dissipation wise  about 170% more "effective"...

As @MTurcotte wrote in 

the for the master used INR21700 50E specify ~2,5A per cell and max 4,9A...

Edited by Chriull
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Timl said:

I think it's reasonable for occasional use... shame that the output current is not adjustable, which makes it bad for daily use (nicer for cell longevity to recharge at ~4A). 

And it's 220VAC only, so those of us in 120V countries won't have anything to say about it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, zeroSIXzero said:

What I understand is 2,5A per cell is within "normal" charging. So 10A should be OK.

The practical 'max charge current' comes from the charge port connector pins and EUC manufacturers' affinity for saving pennies by using astonishingly thin wiring. They're not rated for more than 5A per pin. What we call 'fast' charging... isn't fast at all at a per-cell level.

IIRC the Master is double pinned—in which case 10A would be as much as I'd want to push in, and it should be fine (although, I try not to push things to their max rating, especially consumer grade things built in litigation free zones). Mind your circuit breakers though, you'll probably trip 'em if anything else is plugged into the same circuit!

Edited by Tawpie
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, MTurcotte said:

Since we have a 32s4p (x4 packs) configuration (4 in parallel in each 4 packs),

6 hours ago, MTurcotte said:

Finally, please do not refer to this wheel as a a 32s4p.  This is per pack.
Perhaps we should refer to it as “(32s4p)x4s”.

32 cells in series with 3.6V nominal voltage times 4900mAh times 4 cells in parallel makes 2258 Wh - so this should be about the 2400Wh advertised.

If it's 4 in parallel in each of the 4 packs it's 8s4p x 4s...

1 hour ago, Chriull said:

32 cells in series with 3.6V nominal voltage times 4900mAh times 4 cells in parallel makes 2258 Wh - so this should be about the 2400Wh advertised.

If it's 4 in parallel in each of the 4 packs it's 8s4p x 4s...

I found the released spec at:  https://e2e.ti.com/cfs-file/__key/communityserver-discussions-components-files/196/INR21700_2D00_50E-Cell-Specification_5F00_V1.0_5F00_180711.pdf

I believe the correct calculation is:  (8 cells in series /pack) x (4 of those 8 cells in parallel /pack) + all 4 packs in series
= 32s4p = 32 x 3.63V (nominal) = 116V nominal
= 32s4p = 32 x 4.2V (charging) = 134V (charging voltage - per spec above)

For capacity we have: 32(8x4) cells /pack x 4 packs = 128 cells total.
Capacity = 128 x 4.9AH/cell x 3.63V (nominal /cell) = 2276.74 WH.
Let’s round this to 2277 WH (which is not the advertised 2400 WH 😳🫣, 5% off).
For some reason, companies keep lying about their product spec ☹️.
Life would be simpler if we would just tell the truth 🧐.

Any way, the Begode Master is a 2.277 kWH wheel.
Begode/Gotway should have rounded up to 2.3kWh if they wanted to play the marketing game 😒.

Michel

Yep a little rounding on all sides. Ah capacity rounded to 5Ah. Nominal voltage rounded to 3.7V. Wh rounded to the nearest hundred gets you a nice 2400Wh. Pretty sure most wheels use this for their calculations, Wh rounding at the end optional.

Edited by chanman