Begode Master 134V 2400WH Suspension

45 minutes ago, Chriull said:

Hardware cut off by firmware only happens, as written somewhere at around 200-220A

Is this 200A pulse going to the phase wires coming from the capacitors in the controller, or from the battery? 

Edited by techyiam

@Chriull This is the one of video posted on the previous page, yes max speed at this voltage (the max riding speed known with full batteries is about 90 kmh so about 70 kmh empty according to previous Begode hs wheels which corresponds here) estimated pwm reaches 90% on the log

The owner felt the typical pedals dip and tried to recover but as he says himself he was too abrupt on this one and didn't succeed this time, he's used to these things and to ride at the limits of his wheels

Edited by Bizra6ot
typo

24 minutes ago, techyiam said:

Is this 200A pulse going to the phase wires coming from the capacitors in the controller, or from the battery? 

I cannot see the label in ecodrift's teardown - Should be 3 pieces of 160V 680uF like in the exn?

With their charge they should be able to provide some short 200A peaks - 105V*3*680uF = 0.2 C = 0.2 ... some 200A for 1ms (with half the voltage in average).

So for short 10-20kHz PWM pulses this should be more than enough for the capacitors to supply the current. For the battery current (recharging the capacitor) crest factor one would need some measuring - for me estimations with internal resistances, stray inductances and capacitances are way out of my experience...

Which raises the follow up question how much the capacitors get overburdened by exceeding massivly the ripple current... ;(

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, techyiam said:

How is hard braking without pads on the Master? 

you can't brake hard without pad :D but you can grab the light if you really need

the braking algorithm is really good considering the inexistent leverage 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, EMA said:

you can't brake hard without pad :D but you can grab the light if you really need

the braking algorithm is really good considering the inexistent leverage 

Very true. Braking hard with and without pads are worlds apart. However, it is good to hear that braking is still decent without pads. Thanks.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, EMA said:

sharing info:

fitted a coil shock yesterday with a 750lbs spring, too soft for my 72kg, i use half of the travel when i step on.

i'll try the 1000lbs ;)

Is that after proper setting of the spring preload?  With the damping set low, and you push up and down on it, did you feel that the spring rate is too low?

1 minute ago, techyiam said:

Is that after proper setting of the spring preload?  With the damping set low, and you push up and down on it, did you feel that the spring rate is too low?

let's say with the lower tightening the suspension could not even fully extend itself, i mean without the rider.

so i tight the spring more and it works better but it's still too soft.

--> t's not easy to tight the spring once the shock is mounted, and it's not easy to fit the shock if you tight the spring before mounting it

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EMA said:

let's say with the lower tightening the suspension could not even fully extend itself, i mean without the rider.

--> t's not easy to tight the spring once the shock is mounted, and it's not easy to fit the shock if you tight the spring before mounting it

I see. Thank you. Very true, if the shock wasn't properly designed for longer, lower spring rate springs. I guess there isn't a lot of space in there to start with.

Edited by techyiam

3 hours ago, EMA said:

I preloaded mine 750 lib exa shock to approximately middle of screw - when it was out of master. I am 70 kg and I like it more than 550 lb DMN rpc-2s on mine s18.

1 hour ago, daniel1234 said:

I preloaded mine 750 lib exa shock to approximately middle of screw - when it was out of master. I am 70 kg and I like it more than 550 lb DMN rpc-2s on mine s18.

tnx for the info, yes the suspension works really nice :)

• Like 1

On 7/4/2022 at 3:15 AM, Wgm said:

Switched to V2 control board and it's totally different.  Way more easy power.  Better medium mode by far.  Soft mode now mostly works except at slow speeds.   But holy crap I feel for people who tried V1 and don't get a taste of the real master.  Its night and day.  Its like they were using RS firmware or something and now it's all master.  So much power!  Also switch was so easy 

How did you get it ? Thanks :)

4 hours ago, Timwheel said:

How did you get it ? Thanks :)

My seller on Ali Express shipped it to me.   You can buy it on there.  My wheel flashed when turned off so they shipped me a replacement.

51 minutes ago, Wgm said:

My seller on Ali Express shipped it to me.   You can buy it on there.  My wheel flashed when turned off so they shipped me a replacement.

If you don't mind, which seller did you go with on Ali Express? Thanks.

43 minutes ago, techyiam said:

If you don't mind, which seller did you go with on Ali Express? Thanks.

Wheel Riders Store was fantastic customer service.  The master went down in price after I bought and they gave me a partial refund.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Wgm said:

Wheel Riders Store was fantastic customer service

I too can vouch for Wheel Riders Store for excellent after sales service, after they arranged a replacement control board and charger for my Sherman on 2 separate occasions, due to 2 faulty genuine Veteran chargers blowing the charge circuit on the 2 boards!

I Fully recommend Wheel Rides Store to those that are afraid of purchasing a wheel from Ali Express sellers, especially if like me, you Do Not always have the wheel you are interested in available locally (ONLY have Roll.NZ as our sole EUC distributor)(and do Not treat it as purely a cost saving exercise)! 

Edited by fbhb
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, Konst said:

What tire is this?

Looks great as all around to me.

Looks like a Shinko 244

• Upvote 1