Begode Master 134V 2400WH Suspension

On 6/26/2022 at 5:01 AM, FlyboyEUC said:

Just completed a 78 mile (125 km) range test on the 50e Master. I road on flat pavement with very little elevation change as to get no "free miles". I weigh 165 lbs geared up (measured right before the ride). I maintained 20 mph the entire time and rarely stopped. I hit tiltback at 20 mph breifly at 75 miles but was able to squeak out another 3 miles on minimal tiltback in order to get home. Arrived at home going 15 mph. I could have gone a few more miles creeping along but what's the point. Anyways, hope this is helpful to some of you. I'll update this post once I publish the video, or just subscribe to my channel ;) 

https://euc.world/tour/611126541179263 

Please what is  you range with original sherman ? I want compare sherman clasic and master and cant find answer anywhere. 

On 6/26/2022 at 5:01 AM, FlyboyEUC said:

Just completed a 78 mile (125 km) range test on the 50e Master. I road on flat pavement with very little elevation change as to get no "free miles". I weigh 165 lbs geared up (measured right before the ride). I maintained 20 mph the entire time and rarely stopped. I hit tiltback at 20 mph breifly at 75 miles but was able to squeak out another 3 miles on minimal tiltback in order to get home. Arrived at home going 15 mph. I could have gone a few more miles creeping along but what's the point. Anyways, hope this is helpful to some of you. I'll update this post once I publish the video, or just subscribe to my channel ;) 

https://euc.world/tour/611126541179263 

I think you have old FW since your master dont report current to EUC world. (happen same to me) - after upgrade you lose ability to see metric units btw ... not sure what they changed.

12 hours ago, omshree said:

Did anybody succeeded in fw upgrade? My friend tried it from his Iphone, and wheel is bricked, feels like it's stuck in bootloader, no reaction whatsoever.

yes - with samsung android phone and official app. Try ask begode if there is some recovery option ... I am curious how we can get out of it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, daniel1234 said:

yes - with samsung android phone and official app. Try ask begode if there is some recovery option ... I am curious how we can get out of it. 

try this to unbrick the board:

• Like 3

On 6/24/2022 at 8:43 AM, daniel1234 said:

Begode, please bring back metric units :D My brain cannot comprehend miles to km conversion in real-time and I am breaking speed limits in my country ! 

Bill the Great found the hidden option :)

• Like 1

So a quick miles/published kg of wheel weight... (no reason to choose that metric other than I'm very curious about the relationship between total payload and range. More batteries => more range but also => more payload)

Master: 36 kg, 78 miles: 2.17 miles/kg wheel weight
MSX: 23 kg, 58 miles: 2.52 miles/kg wheel weight
18XL: 22.5 kg, 62 miles: 2.75 miles/kg wheel weight

The useless thing this tells me is that having performance at your beck and call carries a range tax even if you aren't using much of it. Oh well, fun was never free.

• Upvote 2

Thank you for the tests. Looks promising, range will be .. "OK" for the 50E model. Would be lovely indeed to see similar test with road/hybrid tire.

BUT! Now that we have a few of these wheels out there, which model suspension have you guys tested and have anyone found out something which will work for heavier riders? I don't want to bottom out on knee height drops. We could do small list in here to ease people or is there already one? To my personal use I would love a suspension working on freezing temps, but I quess that is another story.

4 minutes ago, Kutvelo said:

Thank you for the tests. Looks promising, range will be .. "OK" for the 50E model. Would be lovely indeed to see similar test with road/hybrid tire.

BUT! Now that we have a few of these wheels out there, which model suspension have you guys tested and have anyone found out something which will work for heavier riders? I don't want to bottom out on knee height drops. We could do small list in here to ease people or is there already one? To my personal use I would love a suspension working on freezing temps, but I quess that is another story.

right now the best suspension is on the EX20s

8 hours ago, FlyboyEUC said:

Sure felt pretty normal to me. 20 mph is pretty fast. Just look sideways if you don't believe me. All of Marty's range tests are standardized much like mine and are at 18-20 mph. The point of this test and all my range tests is that it is standardized. I ride the same route, at the same speed. Sure I can ride aggressively and drain the battery in 30-40 miles but I wanted to know how the wheel compares to the 18xl and MSX under the same conditions. Additionally, Marty's LA EUC Tour is coming up and I now know that I can do all but one of his rides on the master. His group rides average about 12 mph. So I could hit 80 miles if I averaged that speed.

But isn't the point of a range test to show what range most people can expect with the wheel? The manufacturers always show an unbelievable range and then point out in the small print that they're riding at a steady 15mph, with a 70kg rider and presumably in still air on a smooth track. My KS16S has an advertised range of 50 miles but, even riding conservatively, I found I could never get more that 25 miles (I weigh 96kg, I rode the wheel at 20mph and I have to ride on real roads where people start and stop). It's frustrating to see such numbers when they are unachievable for the majority of riders.

With range tests for cars we have EPA, WLTP, NEDC and CLTC ratings (depending on where you live) that try to show ranges of vehicles under realistic conditions.  These are the figures that potential buyers are interested in. I'd prefer if we had something similar for EUCs but that's dependant on you guys doing the testing. I'd make exactly the same comment to Marty if I knew that was how he tested but I'll admit I usually skipped to the end of his videos to listen to his commentary and figures.

But, at the end of the day, it's your test and you can obviously do whatever you want.

8 hours ago, Tawpie said:

So a quick miles/published kg of wheel weight... (no reason to choose that metric other than I'm very curious about the relationship between total payload and range. More batteries => more range but also => more payload)

Master: 36 kg, 78 miles: 2.17 miles/kg wheel weight
MSX: 23 kg, 58 miles: 2.52 miles/kg wheel weight
18XL: 22.5 kg, 62 miles: 2.75 miles/kg wheel weight

The useless thing this tells me is that having performance at your beck and call carries a range tax even if you aren't using much of it. Oh well, fun was never free.

On the EUC database thing I did, there's a report at the bottom that shows "EUC ratios". The best range for weight wheel seems to be the Tesla 1480WH.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, EMA said:

the master has a 190x50mm shock, but the linkage use only 35mm of shock travel out of the box, works amazingly on small imperfection but it's not good for jump and big drop.
Some mods will come out for sure, right now the easy thing is use volume spacers inside the shock 

Ooh, these spacers seem awesome!

But the question remains, anyone found out "perfect one"? To be able to use the shock without disassembling anything or do minimum amount of it.
Another reason for this is to have a spare part in my garage :)

Edited by Kutvelo