Begode Master 134V 2400WH Suspension

20 minutes ago, PourUC said:

This is what leads to begode wheels feeling snappier. It's like there are more pulses per second in the motor. I don't believe that's literally the difference, but I see my S18 getting 1/3 to 1/2 more wh/m at the same cruising speeds as my Nik+

Sounds like this is due to the size of the wheels 16" vs 18" rather than anything else. 16" will feel zippier and the 18" will be more efficient.

• Upvote 1

Zac Darnell posted on Facebook that he just received one of the New (upgraded Mosfets) control boards for the Master, but has some concerns:

Electric Unicycle dot org EUC | I just got a new motherboard for my master and noticed there's a blob of solder shorting the Mosfets | Facebook

• Like 2

Hello All, I finally fixed mine master suspension but I have two weird behavior :

1 , Mine master heats up kinda early - I can get to 50 degree Celsius on flat road and 70+ uphill. Is this normal or there is bad termal pad/transfer somewhere ?

2, All values are displayed reported in MPH, and I cant change that back after firmware upgrade to KPH. It is messing up with EUC world calculation ... How I could change that ?

Thank you

• Upvote 1

Does Begode answer any technical question over any channel ? - I see lot of fw bugs, I would love to help begode make this wheel better, or even make custom FW and batteries. I see a lot of potential in frame and motor.  I tried mails they have at website ...

My master (received June 11, air-shipped from China) has the new Main Board.  Also, no fan at all.  These are the only changes I have noticed so far.

P.S.  I ride VERY HARD.  I often overheat my RS19HT on singletrack trails.  Even with fan upgrades.  On my Master I am riding much harder/faster and the most temp I have reached is 154F wheel temp, on a 100F summer day.

30 minutes ago, BlckRck2014 said:

My master (received June 11, air-shipped from China) has the new Main Board.  Also, no fan at all.  These are the only changes I have noticed so far.

P.S.  I ride VERY HARD.  I often overheat my RS19HT on singletrack trails.  Even with fan upgrades.  On my Master I am riding much harder/faster and the most temp I have reached is 154F wheel temp, on a 100F summer day.

Are you on a 50E or 40T version?

NY Tarzan posted this on Facebook today as more Master's are being reported to suffer from cut outs: 

Electric Unicycle dot org EUC | 2nd Master low speed cutout this week | Facebook

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 6/18/2022 at 4:24 AM, Paul A said:

Molicel Begode MASTER the P42A Disappointment! Range TEST + EXPECTATIONS...

Jun 18, 2022
lEvb-F6v5s5hbrccy8ugJ5J711xxXTW6J14BZxrY

300 subscribers

Right now with my riding and an Avg speed of about 25mph and I'm getting 26-30mi of range.

To me this is NOT good I can get this on my s18 if I cruise at 12-15mph....I have the tire at 38 spi and I'm a 225lb rider.

I have been mainly doing "average" street and trail riding tests at an average speed of no more than 25mph so for you city and light trail rider this is what you should expect with the p42a master....

Seems to me that Casey has too much motor and not enough speed. Electric motors have poor efficiancy at low loads and Casey's vids show lots of tootling around boardwalks at walking speeds and even the not very fast around town video part seem to be on fastforeward. The drop in motor efficiency can be significant at those speed. Countering this of course is the fact the wind drag is very much reduced so the overall efficiency is not nearly as badly effected. But it might explain in some part why Casey gets better mileage on the less powerful Hero. His riding style is closer to the sweat spot for that wheel.

Efficiency Curve of Motor.png

Edited by DavidB
  • Upvote 1

Someone mentioned that they surprisingly got better mileage on hills than the flat. The motor is working more effieciently under load up the hill than on the flat. Yes you use more Wh/Km working against gravity but you get a lot back coming back down on regen.

The guys at Grin Tech have a good vid on Direct Drive hub motor efficiency but it is pretty long (almost 2 hrs.) Lots of variables. A Wh/km readout would be nice. Most EV cars have them. It can't be that hard.

Edited by DavidB

57 minutes ago, DavidB said:

A Wh/km readout would be nice. Most EV cars have them. It can't be that hard.

It's Already incorporated into EUC World, but is dependant on the brand of EUC you own. It shows up for my King Song S18, but Not my other wheels!

eucw_main_screen_gauge_items.jpg

Edited by fbhb

fbhb  I am aware of that but it would be nice if it was included in the Master display. We have penalties here for touching phone driving/riding.

Screenshot at 2022-06-23 12-50-47.png

I'm pretty sure our local cops would use the "looking at" and "or similar" and would not be swayed by semantics of EUC World app being more like a dashboard for the EUC.

I had a friend who got fined (twice) for talking on a phone (on speaker) she had resting in the basket attached to her handle bars of her pushbike. She protested she wasn't touching it , he replied it wasn't "fixed" in a cradle. Kaching ! $1000

PS: Isn't Unicycle riding technically still illegal in NZ? Any progress getting them OKed? Or do the Police just ignore you because there are so few?

Edited by DavidB

8 minutes ago, DavidB said:

Aware of that but it would be nice if it was included in the Master display

Hopeful, does not even begin cover the impossibly small chance that will ever happen :confused1: 

15 minutes ago, DavidB said:

We have penalties here for touching phone driving/riding.

I don't ever need to touch my phone whilst riding, I have a smartwatch and audio in my helmet both hooked up to EUC World.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, fbhb said:

Hopeful, does not even begin cover the impossibly small chance that will ever happen :confused1: 

Haha..I guess most would be happy just getting the speed back into Km/hr after flashing the new FW

• Upvote 3

What is that 'LiTech' company what should make better battery for master ? I cannot find much info on the internet.

I would love to get spare BMS communicating with begode master ESC/controller. Or even shave some weigh and thickness off by making 8s3p packs for short but fun rides.

On 6/20/2022 at 4:38 PM, daniel1234 said:

Does Begode answer any technical question over any channel ? - I see lot of fw bugs, I would love to help begode make this wheel better, or even make custom FW and batteries. I see a lot of potential in frame and motor.  I tried mails they have at website ...

they are still working on fw, they are also updating the app, 2 weeks more

7 hours ago, daniel1234 said:

What is that 'LiTech' company what should make better battery for master ?

https://forum.electricunicycle.org/topic/22147-ewheels-contracts-outside-company-for-custom-battery-packs/?do=findComment&comment=416497

On 4/28/2022 at 10:03 AM, RagingGrandpa said:

Regarding the feature list Jason provided in September 2021

• Imported Korean 50E cells (Molicel P42a will be offered as an option later)
    (No difference: multiple cell choices are available from Gotway now)

• BMS with short protection 
    (No difference: Gotway BMS have output shutoff now)

• Depending on the application, 30-40A physical fuses designed to work, not this 120A nonsense... 
    This is good.
    <edit: Master added fuses in the intermediate PCB now> 

• 5x temperature probes
    This is new and good.
    <edit: Master added 2 temp sensors per pack now> 

• with buzzers to alert at a 65°C level & shut-off when the temps exceed 75°C
    This is new and good.
    But I'm not sure which LiTech EUC's get these buzzers. They weren't visible in the photos of the SherMax LiTech packs, for example. 

<edit: Master added a buzzer in each pack now> 

• Voltage differential management for packs of unequel voltage, no balance lead required! 
    (This is a different way to achieve the same thing, not much difference)

• Improved cell holds & upgraded (thicker) nickel strips 
    This is good.

• Automated weld production methods for consistent quality 
    (Gotway also uses automated machines for strip welding. We would need to know more about both company's process controls to declare a winner here.)

• Capacity & stress-testing processes  
    (We would need to know more about this to say anything)

• Certification program planned in the next 3-6 months  
    (I haven't seen an announcement of the certification result: ewheels could comment further) 

Master V1 boards reportedly causing more cut outs and even Chance Hinz has been affected/injured with his early batch wheel.

Posted on Facebook: Electric Unicycle dot org EUC | Who has cut out the with the Begode Master v1 board so far | Facebook

Edited by fbhb
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1