Begode Master 134V 2400WH Suspension

On 5/25/2022 at 8:42 AM, Freeforester said:

From Kevin:

that's not bad imho, they rode in heavy rain and it was fine.

Best thing is that you can easy make it 100% safe opening the battery box and seal them with silicone, a 20m job

• Like 3

@evX_Mick jeepers man, you are a filmmaker. Loved the intro. And actually, the review was pretty balanced and I enjoyed it as well. This is the kind of work you want to be concentrating on, stay clear of the techno-dweezle stuff and you're really, really good. Grazie!

Edited by Tawpie
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, evX_Mick said:

https://youtu.be/q00ls5JS2SoThe Light That Burns Twice As Bright Burns Half As Long - Begode Master Electric Unicycle | evX
https://youtu.be/q00ls5JS2So

WTF, the intro, I thought I was watching the proper sequel to Blade Runner. You did good here. You guys are going to help sell a lot of Masters.

Fellas, I’m buying my Master through eWheels.. what pack would you recommend.. the 40T high discharge cells or the 50E cells? I like the higher range but I’m told the 40T cells are safer and can give you more throughout the power band.. 

I don’t really gun it a lot but I suppose that will change with that juicy juicy torque hehe.. just wanted to get some opinions from my fellow crazies out there. 

11 minutes ago, No1up said:

Fellas, I’m buying my Master through eWheels.. what pack would you recommend.. the 40T high discharge cells or the 50E cells? I like the higher range but I’m told the 40T cells are safer and can give you more throughout the power band.. 

I don’t really gun it a lot but I suppose that will change with that juicy juicy torque hehe.. just wanted to get some opinions from my fellow crazies out there. 

we don't have data to answer this question yet...

if you are good with the 1900wh range or if you ride hard all the time get the 40T

otherwise 50E

8 hours ago, No1up said:

Honestly hard to say and boy do we wish we had like actual scientific data. Cough Begode cough.

but the 2400wh was fine for my crazy torque rides. Didn’t feel wanting FWIW.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, No1up said:

According to a post on youtube E-Rides has both a 50e and a 40t. 

@Afeez Kaythoughts?

9 minutes ago, sway2127 said:

According to a post on youtube E-Rides has both a 50e and a 40t. 

@Afeez Kaythoughts?

Kevin did show us their Master with the 40T. Unfortunately, he chose to only tell us so far his experience with water ingress. I am patiently waiting for him to release a video where he would talk about range and performance. 

Sustained power output = 40T

Short bursts = 50E

It's also a longevity thing. The 40T cells are in their comfort zone. The 50E cells possibly aren't.

When they aren't they age faster and develop issues.

On the S22 you can see cell voltages. On the Master you can't so long term ownership is going to be a bit tricky. (determine pack health, do something about issues in time etc)

• Like 1

11 hours ago, alcatraz said:

Sustained power output = 40T

Short bursts = 50E

It's also a longevity thing. The 40T cells are in their comfort zone. The 50E cells possibly aren't.

When they aren't they age faster and develop issues.

On the S22 you can see cell voltages. On the Master you can't so long term ownership is going to be a bit tricky. (determine pack health, do something about issues in time etc)

Will the 40T give you better power output at lower levels? Say under 50% will I have to drop my speed? I tend to do short burst burst but who know how my style might change on suspension 20” wheel with gobs of torque. 

The 40T has much less voltage sag when you draw lots of current, so being low on charge you should still be able to lean very hard no problem with those. However, top speed still decreases as voltage drops from being lower on charge.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, chanman said:

The 40T has much less voltage sag when you draw lots of current, so being low on charge you should still be able to lean very hard no problem with those. However, top speed still decreases as voltage drops from being lower on charge.

If the top speed on this is 55mph and never really go over 31-32mph… I’m thinking it shouldn’t break a sweat even below 50% battery 

55 minutes ago, No1up said:

If the top speed on this is 55mph and never really go over 31-32mph… I’m thinking it shouldn’t break a sweat even below 50% battery 

That's a reasonable assessment. Likely you won't hear a beep until you're below the 20% battery mark.

7 minutes ago, Denny Paul said:

That's a reasonable assessment. Likely you won't hear a beep until you're below the 20% battery mark.

Are the beeps dynamic?

7 minutes ago, goatman said:

40T's dont like cold temps, they will sag alot and lose capacity

they like to run around 102f/39c, probably a good choice for a Texas summer

Wait a minute. In Vancouver, the ambient temperatures are not that high for a very large part of the year. What would you recommend instead?

1 hour ago, No1up said:

Are the beeps dynamic?

If the master is programmed the same as any other gotway/begode wheel in the last 5 years, the beeps will decrease as voltage decreases. Linearly. From 100% —> 20% it’s fairly slow decrease in top speed beeps. You will lose about 10-20% of your potential top speed for the entire 100% —> 20% charge.

But from 20% to 0%, the high speed beeps become much easier to hit. You’ll go from a respectable top speed to a crawl by the time the battery gets to zero.

A side note: the 40t’s won’t beep prematurely like they do  with wheels’ batteries available presently. 40t’s are high amp cells, and are less susceptible to big voltage sag swings.

Most cells don't like cold temps, I haven't seen anything to indicate that they would perform worse than other cells at 0C to room temp. I know you like to test cells @goatman so please share your data if you have some.

Edited by chanman

3 hours ago, techyiam said:

Wait a minute. In Vancouver, the ambient temperatures are not that high for a very large part of the year. What would you recommend instead?

10 months of the year the average monthly temp is 15c or less

on my ebikes id run around with 20ah in the summer and 30ah in the winter

the p45b isnt out yet

i have 100-p42a coming any day now

Battery Mooch did a test of the p45b here and you can click on the links in the thread to compare with the 40T and P42a

https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=116190

the 100 p42a or for my msp ht. thats 4p

ive only been pushing this wheel to 50 amps right now and its only 30 mph

thats 12.5 amps per cell

the p42a likes it warm also, like 103f warm

when doing my tests i used 13amps to get it up to temp for good results

it likes hot and does better than the 40t in cold temps. more ah per cell is a big deal when youre only running 4p packs

8 hours ago, No1up said:

Will the 40T give you better power output at lower levels? Say under 50% will I have to drop my speed? I tend to do short burst burst but who know how my style might change on suspension 20” wheel with gobs of torque. 

Well there's less sag at least so you won't have the battery percentage sway from 100% to 85% during accelerations. That alone could trigger speed alarms yes. 

There are some amazing cells out there. It's a bit unfortunate that we only get to pick 50E or 40T. I guess they're the only affordable cells that there's a good supply of.

There are high current + high capacity cells, but they're expensive.