Begode Master 134V 2400WH Suspension

46 minutes ago, BleepBloopBlop said:

Fitted a 90/90-14 to my master. I spaced out the battery packs with washers for added clearance. 

How was the process and how did it change the riding feel?

• Like 2

10 hours ago, UniVehje said:

How was the process and how did it change the riding feel?

I immediately changed the tire yesterday when the master arrives. Also it is fairly easy to do so without disconnecting the motor wires. 

My shock pump leaks already so I won't have any initial impressions until I take it to a local bike shop this afternoon. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, BleepBloopBlop said:

Fitted a 90/90-14 to my master. I spaced out the battery packs with washers for added clearance. 

nice you can do that to fit 90/90

Getting a new Mobo from AliExpress.  Fix for flashing lights at full charge.   Also I tested soft mode and crazy unrideable oscillating.  Hopefully new Mobo is a fix.

On 4/4/2022 at 9:59 AM, Planemo said:

I agree. FFS, just get a motorbike. This obsession for speed on one wheel is just getting daft. I am concerned where all this is heading :(

People clamouring over themselves and losing their minds for increases of 5...10 mph. I just don't get it.

Don't mind me, I'm just being a bit despondent with all this at the moment.

How fast does you car go, and how often to you reach that speed? :D hehe, but I agree with you with the speed obsession, It is just natural progression imo though in such a new and growing market and sport to push the limits and tech. Top speed focus will become more and more niece however as voltages and added weight become more natural barriers for making faster and faster wheels that are still manageable or affordable. 

Having said that would I mind having a perfect wheel that could in theory go 150 km/h+ with no drawbacks, not at all. Sounds like it would have pretty good overhead for cut outs over my top comfortable speed! But without some serious drawbacks this isn't very realistic obviously, just saying that higher top speeds still have their place for people that naturally stopped at around 40-60km/h at their max riding speed due to wind resistance or other things. The fastest wheels today can still due to voltage sag or just low battery cut out at speeds that most people would be comfortable cruising at, I think. Top speed is just one measurement to solve for this but it can't hurt.

@FrenchUsa great woods ride! It was nice to see the the master in its element. I wish the camera batteries didn't die. 

What are your thoughts on the stock pads. I've grown used to having my feet firmly stuck to my pedals on the RS so I don't bounce off on roots and rocks. 

Molicel Begode MASTER the P42A Disappointment! Range TEST + EXPECTATIONS...

Jun 18, 2022
lEvb-F6v5s5hbrccy8ugJ5J711xxXTW6J14BZxrY

300 subscribers

Right now with my riding and an Avg speed of about 25mph and I'm getting 26-30mi of range.

To me this is NOT good I can get this on my s18 if I cruise at 12-15mph....I have the tire at 38 spi and I'm a 225lb rider.

I have been mainly doing "average" street and trail riding tests at an average speed of no more than 25mph so for you city and light trail rider this is what you should expect with the p42a master....

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Paul A said:

Molicel Begode MASTER the P42A Disappointment! Range TEST + EXPECTATIONS...

Jun 18, 2022
lEvb-F6v5s5hbrccy8ugJ5J711xxXTW6J14BZxrY

300 subscribers

Right now with my riding and an Avg speed of about 25mph and I'm getting 26-30mi of range.

To me this is NOT good I can get this on my s18 if I cruise at 12-15mph....I have the tire at 38 spi and I'm a 225lb rider.

I have been mainly doing "average" street and trail riding tests at an average speed of no more than 25mph so for you city and light trail rider this is what you should expect with the p42a master....

Pretty expected really. Lower voltage sag =/= lower wh consumption. Im only getting about 55 miles on my ex20 at 30+ mph average and thats an extra 1600wh capacity. 

I honestly think the ex20 is really what most people wanted the master to be. I get the allure of the higher voltage and speed. But if your really honest with yourself, how many of us are really gunna ride at 50 mph or take off like we are in a drag race? Or climb mountains? 

I put it more in the RS nikola v12 class of wherls than the exn sherman mpro ex20 class

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I'll contribute a small data point to the pool here:

• 24.5 mile ride (~40km) [roughly 15 miles road commute, 9.5 miles single tracks]
  • Average speed 24mph (38.6kph)
  • Top speed 49mph (78.8 kph)
  • 64% battery used (50E Batteries)
  • Rider weight: ~150lbs geared (68kg)
  • 72 degrees F ambient temp (22c)
  • Commute had pretty solid wind, maybe 10-12mph?
  • Elevation change +/-2000 feet

From the ride log, I burned the majority of the pack during the commute (probably around 55% of my total usage), while the trail itself only used whatever 10% is left. It is already well established that speed is what kills the battery. From my numbers, that makes this roughly a 40 mile wheel. I do have a Shinko 244 tire (supposedly up to -10% range) installed along with roughly an entire spool of TPU in printed pads/bumpers mounted to the wheel, so there is a bit more weight. I would say that the numbers I'm getting fall in line with what I was expecting from the wheel.

Edited by Whalesmash
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, Whalesmash said:

I'll contribute a small data point to the pool here:

• 24.5 mile ride (~40km) [roughly 15 miles road commute, 9.5 miles single tracks]
  • Average speed 24mph (38.6kph)
  • Top speed 49mph (78.8 kph)
  • 64% battery used (50E Batteries)
  • Rider weight: ~150lbs geared (68kg)
  • Commute had pretty solid wind, maybe 10-12mph?
  • Elevation change +/-2000 feet

From the ride log, I burned the majority of the pack during the commute (probably around 55% of my total usage), while the trail itself only used whatever 10% is left. It is already well established that speed is what kills the battery. From my numbers, that makes this roughly a 40 mile wheel. I do have a Shinko 244 tire (supposedly up to -10% range) installed along with roughly an entire spool of TPU in printed pads/bumpers mounted to the wheel, so there is a bit more weight. I would say that the numbers I'm getting fall in line with what I was expecting from the wheel.

Can you share some of your prints?  I was wondering if anyone has printed a more sturdy handle?

max range only 40-65km ?? - hard to belive it. maybe too much speed or acceleration?

If this is real - the extra acceleration is not worth such big loss of range.

Edited by Greg X

Keep in mind a 24mph average is riding pretty fast. That takes a lot of high 30s and low 40s and wind resistance drinks the juice very fast. 

I can get 50 plus miles out my rs but the average speed needs to be around 15mph. This is cruising at 20mph. 

If I push it hard thay range drops below 30 miles with an average speed of 26. 26 average has me on the beep while riding.  

Suspension will use more battery too, like a rear shock on a mnt bike eats energy. I would expect 45 to 50 miles of slow riding out of a 2400wh master, and 35 to 40, maybe 45 miles out of the high Amp draw packs. 

We need a Marty range test since it's consistent across many wheels (same route, similar speeds). 

The master still looks like a very compelling wheel, if gotway could fit 2500whs of high drain batteries I think it would be close to perfect. 30 miles of "ride it like ya stole it" would be great 👍 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Flying W said:

We need a Marty range test

We have similiar max range test made by Hansolo, rider from France without pressure on acceleration and speed. 

Bez tytułu.jpg

1943565066_Beztytuu.thumb.jpg.3dd700f8a3d46afd5f0e9048a01508a0.jpg

85km first beeps, final tiltback at 91km.

This looks already more optimistic. But still older wheel with 2400wh battery like Monster2 could ride 20% more on same battery capacity, and 90km is just usual range of Monster3 1850wh, 550wh less than Master. 

Edited by Greg X
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Wgm said:

Can you share some of your prints?  I was wondering if anyone has printed a more sturdy handle?

I'll have all my prints uploaded soon. I'm working on fixing up a few last things like brake pads and different rubber feet for the stand. I still want to print a V12 style hood/bumper to protect the light a little more, but I've been a bit distracted just enjoying riding the wheel. 

Here's another data point for a grocery ride I did this morning:

• 8 mile round trip
  • Average speed 15mph
  • Top speed 30mph
  • 15% battery used (50E Batteries)
  • Rider weight: ~150lbs geared (68kg) (a little bit more on the return trip, but not a huge amount)
  • Negligible wind
  • Negligible elevation change

A rough hand calculation puts that at a touch over 50 miles, so if we're just taking a casual cruise then the range isn't bad at all. The real question is why would anyone get this wheel if they don't want to take advantage of all the torque and speed that's available. Unsurprisingly, we cannot have our cake and eat it too, and until someone comes along with some breakthrough battery tech or manages to shatter the laws of physics, we're going to have to be willing to take tradeoffs. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, UniVehje said:

Range tests are pretty meaningless. What matters is your consumption. Usually we consume around 15-25 Wh/km. 15 Wh if riding steadily at 20-25/h. 25 Wh/km if riding around 35 km/h. Wheels don’t really have different consumptions between them like gasoline engines do. Speed, accelerations, uphills, tire tread and pressure matter also. Mostly speed and hard accelerations. Another big difference is how low voltage the wheel allows to ride. Kingsongs usually have best mileage for battery size. 

But mostly you should just know your usual consumption and calculate mileage from that. Range tests are very personal. If you know your mileage at one wheel, another wheel will give you around same mileage per Wh no matter what the range test says. 

More to it than that.

I've been on an efficiency journey and it seems that Kingsong wheels were more efficient in general than begode wheels.

This is what leads to begode wheels feeling snappier. It's like there are more pulses per second in the motor. I don't believe that's literally the difference, but I see my S18 getting 1/3 to 1/2 more wh/m at the same cruising speeds as my Nik+