Begode Master 134V 2400WH Suspension

2 hours ago, Konst said:

What tire is this?

Looks great as all around to me.

Rawnei is correct, it is a shinko 244. It's a great tire in terms of ride characteristics both on and off road, but it makes concessions in the range department. It is a heavy tire and it has a pretty aggressive knobby pattern which impacts the efficiency quite a lot. I'd probably see a 10% increase in range if I went to a street tire.

• Upvote 3

21 hours ago, Whalesmash said:

For my fellow gen 1 master owners that did not receive a foam "bottom out" block that begode has recently started to include with their newer masters, this is for you.

Great tip. The Shinko 244 looks awesome on the Master. I agree it's heavy, but it's so solid and stable. I've had that on my Sherman for quite a while and I love it. Did it fit without trimming on the Master?? Just curious...

Edited by ZenRyder
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, ZenRyder said:

Great tip. The Shinko 244 looks awesome on the Master. I agree it's heavy, but it's so solid and stable. I've had that on my Sherman for quite a while and I love it. Did it fit without trimming on the Master?? Just curious...

It dropped right in, no trimming required. It is on the tight side of things though, I would say there's probably only a millimeter or two of space between the left pack and the tire. The space has more clearance on the right side for some reason.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

I'm running. 90/90-14 Michelin on mine which is wider than the Shink 244. I added washers under the battery packs to gain clearance to avoid rubbing. I'd recommend that with the 244 as well since it's a knobby and can pick up debris. The battery pack cases are fairly delicate and I'd hate to rub them and pop a hole in them. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

7 hours ago, BleepBloopBlop said:

I'm running. 90/90-14 Michelin on mine which is wider than the Shink 244. I added washers under the battery packs to gain clearance to avoid rubbing. I'd recommend that with the 244 as well since it's a knobby and can pick up debris. The battery pack cases are fairly delicate and I'd hate to rub them and pop a hole in them. 

I plan on running an 80/90-14 Michelin on a future Master so I'm glad to hear a 90/90 fits.  If you could do it again would you run the 90/90 or drop down one size?

1 hour ago, omshree said:

Did anybody with the V1 board could set back speed to km/h? Heard for some people it's mph after that.

Yep, EUC Dash can toggle it between miles and kilometers https://freestyl3r.github.io/euc-dash/begode.html

I imagine the major apps will add the option before too long.

Edited by redfoxdude
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, EMA said:

i've a direct contact with them ;)

Oh, sweet 🙂 The way BeGode is trying to narrow the safety gap with the rest of EUC producers is a good sign. Good boy, BeGode! 😛

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Paul g said:

Oh, sweet 🙂 The way BeGode is trying to narrow the safety gap with the rest of EUC producers is a good sign. Good boy, BeGode! 😛

Looking at it dispassionately, it would appear that the other players have to catch up to Begode in terms of functionality, which is the base requirement sought by all - no matter the design features or various proffered ‘advantages’, if the wheel of your dreams doesn’t work, there’s little fun to be had, after all!

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, EMA said:

nice, we just need to find a Commander firmware now :D

Agree. Commander and Hero are great, except battery packs! Especially Commander is enticing for me.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Paul g said:

Agree. Commander and Hero are great, except battery packs! Especially Commander is enticing for me.

Begode is trying to improve their products with each new generation. I am in agreement in that it would be so much nicer if Begode would put more emphasis on battery packs, sooner rather later, so battery packs such as LiTech packs are no longer needed, and everyone gets the same safe battery packs, independent of which part of the world you bought it at.

Edited by techyiam
  • Upvote 3

Hello all. I think I've seen a video where Chance Hinz showed that the Begode Master batch 2 rim is wider than the batch 1 one. Am I Wrong ? (I cannot find this video)

Did anybody else tried begode app 1.0.10.0 on master ?  I would love to see some update from begode directly - so far only info I have is from Russian telegram forum :(

new version is buggy or I have beta probably, but it can change units to metric.

it's still beta on 1.0.11 now, but i have not tried it yet on master

24 minutes ago, daniel1234 said:

Did anybody else tried begode app 1.0.10.0 on master ?  I would love to see some update from begode directly - so far only info I have is from Russian telegram forum :(

new version is buggy or I have beta probably, but it can change units to metric.

7 hours ago, techyiam said:

Begode is trying to improve their products with each new generation. I am in agreement that it would be so much nicer if Begode would put more emphasis on battery packs, sooner rather later, so battery packs such as LiTech packs are no longer needed, and everyone gets the same safe battery packs, independent of which part of the world you bought it at.

Fully agree!   GotWay, I hope you listen!

15 minutes ago, RagingGrandpa said:

Making the rounds on Telegram and Facebook... apparently a rider managed to melt a weld strip in their Master while riding and had a serious crash: 

It means the rider sustained 80A for a handful of seconds, which I think should never be destructive to the interconnects. C'mon Gotway...

I suppose we should add something to the list of series-pack drawbacks:

• Each pack will see full system current (unlike 1/2 like RS packs, or 1/3 like EX packs). If the cell interconnects are not sized appropriately, they could fail.

I saw that, concerning to say the least!