Begode Master 134V 2400WH Suspension

38 minutes ago, Freeforester said:

A deformable-upon-impact (shock absorbing) roll cage like Splyce EUC makes (or make one with adjustable dimensions) should reduce impact damage considerably, if well enough designed. Local smith manufactured a couple of side panels and joining cross member at the top, the rest is threaded rod, Velcro and a confection of piping of various diameters with added sparkly bits, no great magic,  nor have I sourced decent parking bumper/skid pads, but I think the main idea is that it should give or bend to a certain degree in the event of an impact at speed, rather than be rigid and just break into pieces. I’ve no idea whether it will be fit for purpose, and I hope never to find out, lol!

It is a good idea, but the implementation should be more round and without dangerous "horns".

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

52 minutes ago, techyiam said:

Yup, historically, buying early batches have been high risk purchases.

What I'm after is Gotway giving clear info such as: "we are going to do these changes because of.." and "even though we are making considerable updates to our wheel, we will continue to deliver spare parts for the #1 series and update firmware to be more safe".. or something like this.

• At the moment GW is most likely trying to stop delivering spare parts and firmware updates to #1 series early, I'm most happy to be wrong, but untill we get some fair information from the manufacturer.. russian telegram we trust :D

I think even though we know the risk on 1st batches it doesn't mean we have to take anything and it really isn't "if you can't take" it is more like "poor e-shops taking the hit", we got our other wheels to ride while waiting.

Most strong impulse is to swap the preorder for later series under 2 weeks before the wheel is delivered :)

Edited by Kutvelo
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

36 minutes ago, Kutvelo said:

At the moment GW is trying to stop delivering spare parts and firmware updates to #1 series, I'm most happy to be wrong, but untill we get some fair information from the manufacturer.. russian telegram we trust :D

Interesting. Lots of rumors flying around. 

Edited by techyiam
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, techyiam said:

Interesting. Lots of rumors flying around. 

Exactly, batteries, display, mainboard and charge port won't mix. Firmware won't mix, which is at least as scaring as the mixing with parts. Wonder which model they will focus in the future..

E. I have already got a promise from local tailoring shop: They will put leather on the custom made seat I will manufacture for my master! Going to create rather narrow rollcage in the middle of the wheel and set the seat over it, not sure should I go over grizzla sidepads, gotta ride first some.. in september :)

Edited by Kutvelo
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, Eucner said:

It is a good idea, but the implementation should be more round and without dangerous "horns".

Agreed, the bumpers on the stalks are yet to be added, but they will be of a bulbous  and deformable nature.

9 minutes ago, Kutvelo said:

E. I have already got a promise from local tailoring shop: They will put leather on the custom made seat I will manufacture for my master! Going to make the seat over the rollcage :)

Nice.

But if you are going retail, shouldn't you be waiting for the Master top deck design to stabilize first?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, techyiam said:

Nice.

But if you are going retail, shouldn't you be waiting for the Master top deck design to stabilize first?

I moved my order for 2nd batch, I hope it is enough to stabilize biggest issues. If they inform such dramatic changes before I get my 2nd batch wheel delivered I will move again unless spareparts and firmware updates are quaranteed to continue.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Kutvelo said:

moved my order for 2nd batch, I hope it is enough to stabilize biggest issues.

That's confused me. Begode have just finished a batch of Masters (Jun 29th), which, as I understood it can't be the first batch, as the US guys making videos of it had theirs long before then... I have pre-ordered from that latest batch, so quite keen to know which go round it is, but I had been presuming it was second !

Edited by Cerbera
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Cerbera said:

That's confused me. Begode have just finished a batch of Masters (Jun 29th), which, as I understood it can't be the first batch, as the US guys making videos of it had theirs long before then... I have pre-ordered from that latest batch, so quite keen to know which go round it is, but I had been presuming it was second !

No worries, it's all relative. Its actually number is subjective. It depends on who you ask.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Whalesmash said:

The main issue here is the metal that connects the tray area to the suspension sliders is just too thin for this style of design.

Thank you posting clear pictures of the damages. 

Perhaps there is another element at play here. The following is my speculation.

The top subframe clamps onto the stanchions. The fracture looks to have started at the top of the clamp. On the clamp where it fractured is under tremendous tensile hoop stress (stress in the circumferential direction), due to the clamping action. The design of the closing of the clamp looks to be introducing bending stresses at the location of the fracture. If one look at the designs of triple clamps, one would see that there is only a small gap at the closure, and the clamping forces are tangential to the stanchions at the gap. In addition, the gap has a radial alignment.

Moreover, they placed a set screw in the clamp, which further exacerbates the bending stresses, and already high hoop stresses at the location of fracture.

Furthermore, when the wheel was tumbling down the hill, the impact forces at the top front of the wheel would further add high bending stresses at top of the clamp at the location of fracture.

For the future, perhaps they can further refine the design of the clamp, in addition to possible changes in material selection and sizing.

Although what you said about using geometry to reduce the bending stresses at the top of clamp due to top, frontal impacts would be helpful too.

7 hours ago, Whalesmash said:

In all fairness, the damage to my wheel isn't too tremendous (I rode the wheel 15 miles home without any issues), so the electronic components were protected just fine. I could probably even continue riding the wheel with its cracked frame if I so desired, but I'd rather not for obvious reasons.

Perhaps, but keep in mind that there is already a deep crack in the structure that is under tremendous tensile stress. This hoop stress is no longer shared with the full section depth of the clamp like it was before the fracture. The crack acts as a stress riser. And this is aluminium alloy we are talking about.

Edited by techyiam
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, supercurio said:

Now, I hope that the Begode Charging Port and BMS board will take care of damaged packs not being able to be charged by healthy packs connected in parallel and other shenanigans like we've seen on the 100.8V 900Wh packs, which can en up pushing some cell groups to unsafe voltages (4.5V in one case). Because it means this could result in the same fires as before.

it is not the charging port, but the outpout( that is also input) port that is always paralleled between two parallel packs, so one charging the other cannot be avoided. 

Edited by enaon

4 minutes ago, enaon said:

it is not the charging port, but the outpout( that is also input) port that is always paralleled between two parallel packs, so one charging the other cannot be avoided. 

Agree it can't be avoided if they're only wired in parallel, but other OEMs don't do that, right? (and as a result packs can have differing voltages when things go wrong - like on Inmotion wheels)

10 minutes ago, supercurio said:

Agree it can't be avoided if they're only wired in parallel, but other OEMs don't do that, right? (and as a result packs can have differing voltages when things go wrong - like on Inmotion wheels)

this thing with inmotion packs being so off from one another confuses me a bit, but yes they do have mosfets on in/out so they can isolate the packs.

Edited by enaon
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, enaon said:

this thing with inmotion packs being so off from one another confuses me a bit, but yes they do have mosfets on in/out so they can isolate the packs.

On my V12, if the wheel was turned off properly, the output voltages of each pack is only a few volts, at least that was what I measured. That is one more thing I like about my V12. No sparks when reconnecting battery packs.

Edited by techyiam

19 hours ago, Cerbera said:

The 1st batch I had my wheel reserved from was shipped on April by sea.

BG "1st batch" is not quite straightforward, Im not 100% but I speculate they purchase parts depending on quantities of reservations and ship out when the "certain e-shop batch" is ready, after all initial products of the 1-series are ready they start to build the 2-series and so on. Thus the first 2-series products may well be in hands of customers faster than the last of 1-series, the least it causes a lot of variation on delivery time.

• Like 2

- As long as BMS are properly designed (active balancing with disconnect capability) there is no harm to have 4 BMS in series. 

- If BMS fail under heavy load - we will fall. Any failure inside your battery will cause cutout. 

- 2 BMS in paraller will not save you from high speed cutout - if they are not designed for full load. 

So far mine C02 master seems to have active balancing or good cells (they are in balance so far). I think all master riders need to check theirs battery regularly after ride  !

How are yours batteries ? Did anybody Checked balance with voltmeter after ride ?

Edited by daniel1234

Salut à tous, je possède la Master 50e lot 1 version 2 sans ventilateur. Je voudrais savoir si cela et possible d'installer la carte mère v2 et et sous carte et circuit charge avec les batteries v1 ? J'ai vue que une personne a pu installer ça sur le forum ici. Pourquoi ne pouvons pas car c'est les mêmes pack de batterie au final. 

Je possède la carte mère v2 du lot 1. Ai-je un risque de coupure avec ? 

-

Please post in English here. Google Translate:

Hi everyone, I have the Master 50e lot 1 version 2 fanless. I would like to know if it is possible to install the motherboard v2 and and under board and circuit load with the batteries v1? I saw that someone was able to install this on the forum here. Why can't because it's the same battery pack in the end.

I have the v2 motherboard from lot 1. Do I have a risk of cutting with it?

Edited by meepmeepmayer
English translation added

1 hour ago, Valentin Lambert said:

Salut à tous, je possède la Master 50e lot 1 version 2 sans ventilateur. Je voudrais savoir si cela et possible d'installer la carte mère v2 et sous carte et circuit chargé avec les batteries v1 ? J'ai vu qu'une personne a pu installer ça sur le forum ici. Pourquoi ne peut pas car c'est les mêmes pack de batterie au final. 

Je possède la carte mère v2 du lot 1. Ai-je un risque de coupure avec ? 

-

Veuillez poster en anglais ici. Google Traduction :

Hi everyone, I have the Master 50e lot 1 version 2 fanless. I would like to know if it is possible to install the motherboard v2 and under board and circuit charged with the batteries v1? I saw that someone was able to install this on the forum here. Why can't because it's the same battery pack in the end.

1 hour ago, Valentin Lambert said:

Hi everyone, I have the Master 50e lot 1 version 2 fanless. I would like to know if it is possible to install the motherboard v2 and under board and circuit charged with the batteries v1? I saw that someone was able to install this on the forum here. Why can't because it's the same battery pack in the end.

I have a V1 master and installed a V2 motherboard.  I didn't plug fan in and don't go over 50 Celsius.  Great upgrade to power as well.