Begode Master 134V 2400WH Suspension

22 hours ago, EUCzero said:

And with this mod you do not bottom out?

Or is it just to get a better shock?

I am considering new suspension arms (or what you would call it) or just a new shock. If a new shock do the trick then that will be cheaper and easier.

(Did not get my Master yet)

I have a 1500lb coil spring and 100 plus kg rider on the master, haven't bottomed out yet😁

• Like 1

10 hours ago, EMA said:

i should record something during the day, not so visible in the night how well this thing works

Nice riding and that closing shot of the coliseum was beautiful! Couldn’t see much of the suspension action so a day time video and close up of your shock setup would be interesting. Are you using the stock suspension links? I’m still waiting for my Master from EWheels and planning on a shock upgrade so I’m interested in seeing how the spring setup works.

Was stationed at Rimini Air Base from 1985-1988, probably before you were born, and my wife and I loved it. Visited Rome a few times, it’s such a fabulous and interesting city, everyone should visit at least once. Looking forward to visiting Italy sometime soon but got to figure out a way to get a wheel there. Thanks EMA!

• Like 1

Question for everyone:

1) Bug in Darknessbot
    I was using the app Darknessbot (on iOS) and it worked fine on my old Rockwheel 16 inches
    and also on my new Begode Master (I believe I have v1.5, with 3 capacitors but no fan).
    About one month ago, there was an app update and since then Darknessbot does not show any data from the
    Begode Master.  I waited for Darknessbot to make another update thinking it was a bug, but even though
    there was an update of Darkness bot about 2-3 weeks ago, it still fails to update any data about my master.
    Here is the actual behavior:  a) Load Darknessbot  b) Select my Master (using the same name as when I use
    with the Begode app (which works fine)  c) After selecting the Master in Darknessbot, I got the main display
    that shows all the data like speed, max speed, temperature, Milage, etc.   But ALL DATA show a spinning
    wheel like it is waiting from the wheel to send the data.  All the boxes that is supposed to contain the data
    do not show any data and show a spinning array in each of the boxes.  Except for Outside temperature
    and the compass (which I think comes from the phone instead of the Master).
    The question is:  does anyone else also have this problem?  is there a work around?
    I tried uninstall it, re-installing it, reselecting Begode Master and I always get the same result on
    my iPhone 5s, iPad Air 2 and iPad Pro.  Anyone can help me understand if I am alone with this problem?

Michel

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, MTurcotte said:

Question for everyone:

1) Bug in Darknessbot
    I was using the app Darknessbot (on iOS) and it worked fine on my old Rockwheel 16 inches
    and also on my new Begode Master (I believe I have v1.5, with 3 capacitors but no fan).
    About one month ago, there was an app update and since then Darknessbot does not show any data from the
    Begode Master.  I waited for Darknessbot to make another update thinking it was a bug, but even though
    there was an update of Darkness bot about 2-3 weeks ago, it still fails to update any data about my master.
    Here is the actual behavior:  a) Load Darknessbot  b) Select my Master (using the same name as when I use
    with the Begode app (which works fine)  c) After selecting the Master in Darknessbot, I got the main display
    that shows all the data like speed, max speed, temperature, Milage, etc.   But ALL DATA show a spinning
    wheel like it is waiting from the wheel to send the data.  All the boxes that is supposed to contain the data
    do not show any data and show a spinning array in each of the boxes.  Except for Outside temperature
    The question is:  does anyone else also have this problem?  is there a work around?
    I tried uninstall it, re-installing it, reselecting Begode Master and I always get the same result on
    my iPhone 5s, iPad Air 2 and iPad Pro.  Anyone can help me understand if I am alone with this problem?

Michel

Yup I have the same problem as well one thing to Master 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, MTurcotte said:

1) Bug in Darknessbot

ALL DATA show a spinning

1 hour ago, Joev said:

Yup I have the same problem as well one thing to Master 

I can confirm this as well. Hopefully the developers release an update soon to fix this.

20 hours ago, EMA said:

oh nice man, appreciate your words, if you came here there's a nice group a riders with a wheel for you.

i plan to do a video today ( with the light :D ) and show my setup, the linkage is almost the same, i just made it with carbon plate to do a test.

The differences are:

• lower part that it's 1mm longer, this help you fit a coil shock, specially if you preload the spring a bit
  • lower part has a slim design to avoid hitting the coil inside

pictures will make it clear ;)

Thanks EMA, I’m going to give the coil shock a try. I’m about 100kg so I’ll start w the 1500 lb spring.

Edited by UtahRider
Clarification.

14 hours ago, young said:

How much psi should I put pressure on the suspension? My weight is 145 lbs

Your range probably Is between 200 and 250, try it 

1 hour ago, techyiam said:

@EMA

Between your Master (modded?) and a Sherman, do they differ much in stability, and how planted they feel at speeds above 70 km/h? 

My master Is stock, just coil shock installed and a good tuning.

Imho riding lower pedals gives a general more planted feel, like driving a sports car with a rigid setup. It's easy to manouvre, carve and change direction thanks to lower COG. I can still dodge something on the street even at 60-65kmh with the Commander. With the master i Just go over It like an SUV.

On the other side the suspension completely eliminate any kind of imperfection at speed, you loose the feedback from the road but you float like an overcraft. 

Master Is super easy to ride and push to it's limits straightline, but It require more skill and effort to handle it at high speeds.

It's all related the the road you are facing but for speed like 70kmh i consider the master a more stable wheel.

Edited by EMA
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

@Jack ex-KS and EEVEES are claiming a top speed of 100 km/h for the 20" Master (not Master Pro 22").

The free spin speed for the Master is 112 km/h.  What am I missing? 

Has anybody verified this after they bought extra health and life insurance? Also, were you sitting or standing?

Edited by techyiam

23 hours ago, young said:

How much psi should I put pressure on the suspension? My weight is 145 lbs

I weight about 160-165 and I standardized the stock suspension setting at 240-250 lbs.
This makes the wheel go down by less than 1 inch when I get on it.
I also tried removing all dampers (the knob on the suspension).
Going through small rocks (a rough gravel road), I got tired of the vibration.
I added about 1.5 turn on the damper and it felt much better.

Those dampers are design to reduce specific ‘frequencies of oscillation’ depending on the damper knob adjustment.
The less damper you add, the higher the frequency it will absorb.

Michel, engineer

13 hours ago, EMA said:

100kmh is a wrong information, Master beeps around 85kmh

43 seconds battery from 100% to 85%

I know is under load but this wind resistance on high speed is pure madness.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Meserias said:

What tire should I need to buy and mount for my arrival soon, Master v2 ?

1. it should fit without modification of the wheel or battery position
  2. I need a tire profile between off road and street (aka dual-sport)
  3. better to be soft and not heavy for easy nimbleness

I need your help on this one with your experience.
I have no experience with tires. :(

What model do you recommend....What should I need to buy ?

Heidenau K66 80/90 R14 Nimble silent good thread 

I am not tire expert just happy user K66 is good tire something like baby make by Kenda 262 and michelin city pro.

Have good performance vs price in europe (make in germany) and is in stock anywhere here very nimble compared to knobby kenda.

About fiting i no expect any problem but WARNING i not own MASTER before buy consult with others specialy dimensions.

I ride it on 27PSI ( by my shaomi pump)

• Upvote 2

I ended buying a dual-sport tire ... KENDA K340A I intend to do some forest paths and bad roads that's why I needed something else than street tire ....

From what I understand K66 tire it's a good, soft, very good option, but that tire is actually a winter tire (more likely All-Seasons)....
also....it's somehow too wide in my opinion.

Edited by Meserias
  • Like 1

I have the non snow tex version of the K66 on my RST. It's a little harder compound over the snow one and after 2k miles shows little wear and almost no cupping (feathering, stair stepping etc). 

I love this tire the most since it works very well on and off road. Even paying to ship stateside is worth it! 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 8/16/2022 at 8:21 AM, EMA said:

same as mine, good product but you need to match the spring to your weight

1500lbs for 85-90kg

1000-1250lbs 70-80kg

DNM DV 22AR https://www.amazon.it/gp/product/B07D495D8G/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Where can you get the 1500 lb spring? 

• Like 1

Got an update from EWheels on Master ETA and got their standard 4-5 weeks. I asked their confidence level and got “take w a grain of salt, anything can happen”. So…. the wait goes on.

Edited by UtahRider
Clarification
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, UtahRider said:

So…. the wait goes on.

Doesn't it just ?! :) mine is about 2 days away from the coast, and just about to arrive where there is imminently the first dock workers strike in this country for 42 years !

I'm getting really good at delayed gratification, so this has been a great lesson...

Edited by Cerbera
  • Like 1