Begode Master 134V 2400WH Suspension

On 8/11/2022 at 1:34 PM, Isentropic said:

I got a response from Ewheels when I asked yesterday, they are estimating about 6 more weeks for their LiTech designed and built battery pack version.

They also sent along a testing video showing only 2 packs (50E cells) connected and pushed until alarm: 

That timeline pisses me off. Last week they emailed me they expect them end of August due to Begode changes to the Master and attached same video. Don’t know if their Litech packs are going to be worth the extra several month wait, I could’ve had a Master a few weeks ago through Alien Rides. 

• Like 1

Hi !

The headlights on my Begode Master are barely glowing! They don't even confirm anything in the dark! all you see is the glow when you look into the lights. the lights only come on when moving faster. Is this the case with everyone or do I have a defect? Or maybe this application can be modified somewhere?

I don’t know about Master, but my KS wheels have an automatic mode for the headlight. When you’re stopped, it’s very dim. But as you get moving it gets brighter. You might try switching the lights on manually—either the app or short press on the power button (my MTen changes the headlight mode by short pressing the power button)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Tawpie said:

I don’t know about Master, but my KS wheels have an automatic mode for the headlight. When you’re stopped, it’s very dim. But as you get moving it gets brighter. You might try switching the lights on manually—either the app or short press on the power button (my MTen changes the headlight mode by short pressing the power button)

And I know. My other wheels also have a dimmer light when stopped. But, for example, MSP still allows road surface lighting at the start. My Master does not illuminate the road surface at all when stationary.

2 hours ago, Raptor said:

And I know. My other wheels also have a dimmer light when stopped. But, for example, MSP still allows road surface lighting at the start. My Master does not illuminate the road surface at all when stationary.

I had my Master for about 1.5 months and I did notice the lights have 3 settings:

1) Off
2) Very dim until you speed up (automatic)
3) Flashing (bright)

Yes, the dim (setting #2) is VERY dim.
And I only did ride about 5 minutes at night (in automatic dimming setting)
and I was pleasantly surprised to see how much they lit (I was expecting mediocre).

Michel

Edited by MTurcotte
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, MTurcotte said:

I had my Master for about 1.5 months and I did notice the lights have 3 settings:

1) Off
2) Very dim until you speed up (automatic)
3) Flashing (bright)

Yes, the dim (setting #2) is VERY dim.
And I only did ride about 5 minutes at night (in automatic dimming setting)
and I was pleasantly surprised to see how much they lit (I was expecting mediocre).

Michel

Ok, thanks! So that's just how Master is and there's nothing to improve :)

Hopefully (but very unlikely) BegodeWay has beefed up the top casting/made it from better alloy for the Newly announced and much heavier Master Pro!

As currently, the Master top housing cracks or even snaps in half way too easily as evidenced by Zac Darnell's Facebook post today:

Electric Unicycle dot org EUC | Snapped the master😥 | Facebook

1 hour ago, fbhb said:

As currently, the Master top housing cracks or even snaps in half way too easily as evidenced by Zac Darnell's Facebook post today:

That is disappointing - I very much hope he is able to get a replacement. He doesn't say if it was a crash that caused it, but let's hope it was, because that's a real deal breaker if that fails in normal use when you sit on it !

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Raptor said:

So that's just how Master is and there's nothing to improve

If that is correct, that is properly rubbish ! :) You definitely need lights usefully on before you start rolling, and I don't know whose idea it was to link brightness to speed in the first place, which is a shit idea out of the gate, but if there isn't a mode that allows them to be constantly and fully on without flashing that is the sort of woefully awful oversight that would merit the people responsible being slapped across the face with a particularly large and wet fish ! 

However, I imagine they could recover from such shame by adding a new setting in the firmware...

But thanks for the heads-up that I will still need to take my 'Light-of-god' hand torch for night riding !

Edited by Cerbera

39 minutes ago, Cerbera said:

You definitely need lights usefully on before you start rolling

Absolutely. If GW would listen, this would definitely be worthy of constructive feedback.

I don't know whose idea it was to link brightness to speed in the first place, which is a shit idea out of the gate

It's probably a bit of a must, since there is nothing to cool down the high power LEDs when not riding. The V11 has this as an option so that the fan doesn't need to be on while stopped.

woefully awful oversight that would merit the people responsible being slapped across the face with a particularly large and wet fish !

I hope that this wasn't your first GW, since that is kind of their trademark. Every GW seems to have at least one awful oversight, some worse than others. If they test their wheels before production, they don't do it with much  dedication.

However, I imagine they could recover from such shame by adding a new setting in the firmware...

Absolutely! Just fill the feedback form... oh wait, no. Just send them an email... oh wait, not that either. Darn. :wacko:

• Haha 2

59 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

I hope that this wasn't your first GW, since that is kind of their trademark. Every GW seems to have at least one awful oversight, some worse than others.

It's not :) The MS3V I ride currently has relatively minor idiotic oversights (all but inaccessible tyre valve / no mudguard), but, it has actually been a very reliable wheel over the 6 years it has been in daily use (although I appreciate that was mainly down to luck - other people had terrible problems with the batch mine came from!). I very much hope I will be 'lucky' again with the Master, but regardless I will be making substantial efforts to re-pad and reinforce it before I do anything speedy and fall-inducing !

Of course I know it will crash on me at some point, and I do worry most about the top frame, the crappy rear light and the flimsy seat padding (and the availability of replacements for either) and the plastic non-waterproof battery cases. I will be metal plating those and baby bumper stripping them on top of that, but there isn't much I can do to reinforce the seat or rear light short of of buying one of the custom fairings available.

It's probably a bit of a must, since there is nothing to cool down the high power LEDs when not riding. The V11 has this as an option so that the fan doesn't need to be on while stopped.

That's a good point - I wasn't considering that. But newer cars have LED lights don't they ? Why can't we have those !? :)

Absolutely! Just fill the feedback form... oh wait, no. Just send them an email... oh wait, not that either. Darn.

Lols. I have emailed Gotway before, and did get a response, but yes, feedback forms from them would be an excellent plan.

Having said all that I have just seen this video, which gives me some hope, in some ways that it might not just disintegrate the first time it falls over...

Edited by Cerbera

19 hours ago, Raptor said:

Ok, thanks! So that's just how Master is and there's nothing to improve :)

You can always replace the Master headlight by a stronger one.  You have to double check the voltage for sure, but I would also check the size of the wire that goes to the light and make sure the wire is big enough for a new light you are planning to install (you can use one of those wire size to amp table).

6 hours ago, MTurcotte said:

You can always replace the Master headlight by a stronger one.  You have to double check the voltage for sure, but I would also check the size of the wire that goes to the light and make sure the wire is big enough for a new light you are planning to install (you can use one of those wire size to amp table).

headlight is 12v , not sure if there's a know max amp output

1 hour ago, EMA said:

same as mine, good product but you need to match the spring to your weight

1500lbs for 85-90kg

1000-1250lbs 70-80kg

DNM DV 22AR https://www.amazon.it/gp/product/B07D495D8G/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

And with this mod you do not bottom out?

Or is it just to get a better shock?

I am considering new suspension arms (or what you would call it) or just a new shock. If a new shock do the trick then that will be cheaper and easier.

(Did not get my Master yet)

51 minutes ago, UniBlab said:

Still waiting for mine (40T) from wheels - no news yet. Anyone else waiting for Ewheels? What have you heard of, anything?

Reply email this last weekend seemed like standard reply email. Said Begode was getting batteries tomorrow (Mon) for production. Also listed improvements in this version. No definite date yet.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, UniBlab said:

Still waiting for mine (40T) from ewheels - no news yet. Anyone else waiting for Ewheels? What have you heard of, anything?

Still waiting too. Sure would be nice to get an update email once in a while but I haven’t heard anything since I asked end of July. They told me they expect end of Aug due to Begode changes but I heard others recently say mid Sep due to Litech battery schedule which sounds about right.

15 hours ago, EUCzero said:

I am considering new suspension arms (or what you would call it) or just a new shock. If a new shock do the trick then that will be cheaper and easier.

Problem with the factory suspension arms is that because of the geometry, the shock is compressed to half even in the uppermost position. So basically you pump the shock when it's half way in. Kuba's arms eliminate this issue.

17 hours ago, EUCzero said:

if you are a jumper is better to upgrade the linkage, and of course the shock

in any other case you'll be fine and you'll have a stunning suspension, bottoming out sometimes is not an issue, people is too afraid of

i'm 72kg and the 1000lbs spring is a bit on the soft side but it's absolutely fine for street riding, i should say impressive tbh. i'm waiting the 1250lbs to send it more offroad :)

i tried the 1500lbs on my friends wheel and it's a bit stiff for my weight

2 hours ago, omshree said:

Problem with the factory suspension arms is that because of the geometry, the shock is compressed to half even in the uppermost position. So basically you pump the shock when it's half way in. Kuba's arms eliminate this issue.

it's not like that sorry

the shock in the uppermost position is fine, it's the fully compressed position that use only 35mm insted of 50mm

Kuba's arms should be fine and use 50mm travel

Edited by EMA
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1