Begode Master 134V 2400WH Suspension

2 minutes ago, Cerbera said:

Doesn't it just ?! :) mine is about 2 days away from the coast, and just about to arrive where there is imminently the first dock workers strike in this country for 42 years !

I'm getting really good at delayed gratification, so this has been a great lesson...

Sounds like my luck. Just got to have patience but not my strong suit. Hope your delivery goes well and you love the Master! Give feedback when you do get it.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, EMA said:

latest firmware fix the 9999 "display issue" and also allow you to set your preferred PWM percentage with 5% step, tested yesterday and works nice

What changes ride feel wise when adjusting the PWM? 

3 hours ago, UniBlab said:

I'm seriously considering Kuba's suspension upgrade - anyone have any real-world experience with it? 

What's Kubas upgrade?

Could someone post links to this stuff.  I would love to know exactly what shock to get, exactly what spring (I'm 220lbs) and exactly what "upgrade" to get to make the suspension work.  I've seen some guys using a coil, I've seen a guy in L.A. named Roger using an airshock.

Right now I have my pre-order on the t4.  I would like to switch it to the master, but I don't know what upgrades I would need and how much the total cost would be.

I would also get the grizzla pads and bumpers - but I know where to find those.  I just don't know what to get for the suspension. 

Edited by wstuart

24 minutes ago, UniBlab said:

If the brand new price scares you, you could always purchase used - got mine for $160

Oh yeah, his side plate is $20

On Kubas mod there is an option for 12mm or 12.7mm.  

Is tht the diameter of the rods that the shock attaches to?  Is the fox float DPS 12.7mm?

2 hours ago, wstuart said:

What's Kubas upgrade?

Could someone post links to this stuff.  I would love to know exactly what shock to get, exactly what spring (I'm 220lbs) and exactly what "upgrade" to get to make the suspension work.  I've seen some guys using a coil, I've seen a guy in L.A. named Roger using an airshock.

Right now I have my pre-order on the t4.  I would like to switch it to the master, but I don't know what upgrades I would need and how much the total cost would be.

I would also get the grizzla pads and bumpers - but I know where to find those.  I just don't know what to get for the suspension. 

It's amazing with the Rockshox Monarch RT3 shock@300 PSI. Good traction, awesome on hard trails and tarmac likewise, never bottoms out. Of course you don't need springs for this air shock.

Edited by omshree
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, UniBlab said:

I'm seriously considering Kuba's suspension upgrade - anyone have any real-world experience with it? 

I spotted this posted on Facebook, which might have some of the info that you are looking for:

Electric Unicycle dot org EUC | Master Kuba linkage and Rockshox initial impressions | Facebook

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, wstuart said:

I got one on ebay new for $190

Is this the right one

2022 Fox Shox Float DPS 3-Pos Lever EVOL Performance Rear Shock  210x55

That will work!!!

Found more stuff/info on fb from NyloNove - I like it!!!

https://www.facebook.com/100057412421190/videos/5511604332237116

I also run the Fox Float Performance 210x55 with .95 volume reducer. Pumped up to ~330 psi, i ride it in medium setting on slow and casual rides for maximum comfort and on firm setting for faster rides and trails. That adjustability with the flip of a lever is just awesome.

Edited by btl
typo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Updated my V 1.5 to latest firmware.  Soft mode works better and I get mph.  But the power delivery seems worse like back to V 1.   Wish I had stayed with whatever was on the V 1.5 when I installed it. So much power I could peel out on gravel easy.

• Sad 1

Fitting was a little bit tricky. You fit it without pressure and when mounted its getting pumped up 50psi, you work the supension around 50% of its travel, pump up another 50psi etc. until your desired pressure has been reached. Even without pressure the shock needs some force to get compressed down to 192 or so mm. I used a screwdriver as a lever and then fitted the bolt with the other hand. 

My first buy was a 190mm DNM shock, but with that mounted, the suspension doesn't expand fully any more and i lost like 10mm of travel. Chance Hinz mentioned 210x55 in his video, so i went for that instead. It doesn't compress completely and also is not expanded to its full length when the wheel catches air. Maybe that DNM shock is labelled 190mm but is in fact some mm shorter...

You do not want the shock to be the limiting factor of a suspension, it will break very quick!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

On 8/21/2022 at 10:36 AM, The Brahan Seer said:

I wonder if its possible to use the T4 suspension  in the Master? and would this give us the extra travel?

image.jpeg.ca1ac16bf8a2a183a8f9c34e291698ad.jpeg

What I understand, it is the sliders that bottom out on the master, not the suspension. So Changing linkage will not give more travel.

• Thanks 3

I agree, also i guess they have almost (if not exact) same linkage and shock, but since wheel is 2" smaller in diameter and therefore 1" less in radius, you can get 20mm more travel since the aluminium link (the bar that the inner metal fender is mounted to) can be up to 1" further away from the top structure that houses the controller. The tubes that make up the sliders could even be the same. Same parts, less production costs. Its like they sell the Master in a Mini (T4) and a Maxi (Master Pro) version. The more parts they share, the better the margin. Pretty brilliant imho.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Marty gave a glowing review on the Begode Master.  For this ride up Mt. Wilson, he was impressed by the motor performance, suspension action, charge consumption, and cooling effectiveness. Based on Marty's past rides up this mountain on other wheels, it appears Begode has made a solid step forward. 

Edited by techyiam
  • Like 1