Begode Master 134V 2400WH Suspension

40 minutes ago, UniBlab said:

Was told as of yesterday still 4-5 weeks out 😕

I once waited for a car for 3.5 months and swore I'd never do it again it was so painful.  The wait for the master is approaching that level of pain considering in just a few months the weather will turn.

2 hours ago, dangasaur said:

The wait for the master is approaching that level of pain

Yes it is :) I believe mine is actually in the same country as me now, but still hanging out at the docks where it is trying to navigate itself through the first dockworkers strike in this country for 42 years and various inspections / customs / trading standards teams - yawn yawn etc... while I sit here on youtube thinking to myself how much more solid the frame in the EX20S looks over the wheel I ordered back in June....

12 hours ago, Rawnei said:

Interesting, on amazon it says "Up to 80W/pair (actual power is 40W/pair)", why do you think ecodrift mentions you need a dc converter?

https://www.amazon.com/Adzoon-Single-Driving-Pickup-Motorcycle/dp/B09KX88KWK

it's a bit confusing but isn't 40W/pair like 20w each like the aliex description ? :blink1:

i think ecodrift use a dc converter for safety, we don't know for sure how many amp the board provides 

i've mounted this on my friends wheel and it works nice :
https://www.amazon.it/dp/B07F2X1PQP?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

same result of my wheel with 2 RS leds

Edited by EMA
  • Like 1

The one linked is 220volt input only. A few months back I ordered an adjustable charger from AliExpress. It goes to 140 volts output. Input is either 110 or 220. The maximum current output is 15 amps. If using 110 input voltage the output current will be halved.(7.5 amps) I think for the master it's fine.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, UtahRider said:

Why? Looks like Begode is going cheaper not better.

The RS, for example, has been significantly improved after its appearance and I'm also glad I didn't buy my 18 xl straight away. I think when it comes to EUC it is generally better to be patient, especially if you want to have as few problems as possible.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Mossi said:

The RS, for example, has been significantly improved after its appearance and I'm also glad I didn't buy my 18 xl straight away. I think when it comes to EUC it is generally better to be patient, especially if you want to have as few problems as possible.

This is a Master thread so I’m referring specifically to the latest Master batch as shown in Ecodrift’s recent tear down video. Using cheaper electronics in the control board, thinner suspension sliders, front headlight, connectors falling off, seat ripped, etc., etc. Looking worse not better to me. I’m concerned because I’m expecting the next batch delivery in a few weeks and don’t like what I see.

• Sad 3

7 minutes ago, UtahRider said:

This is a Master thread so I’m referring specifically to the latest Master batch as shown in Ecodrift’s recent tear down video. Using cheaper electronics in the control board, thinner suspension sliders, front headlight, connectors falling off, seat ripped, etc., etc. Looking worse not better to me. I’m concerned because I’m expecting the next batch delivery in a few weeks and don’t like what I see.

I'm no different. I hope that Begode will listen to the criticism and also improve the quality of the master. If not, I can always opt out. Either way, it seems wise to wait.

3 hours ago, UtahRider said:

I’m concerned because I’m expecting the next batch delivery in a few weeks and don’t like what I see.

Me neither. I can let pass a lot of things, like adding a bit of chopped up yoga mat to the headlight, and a bit of plastic warp on the battery cases cos they forgot to specify indents on the screw holes, and even the new milling on suspension and components with less headroom, but when they are supplying ripped seats without anyone noticing/caring, and one of the motor wires is not even soldered into its connector that IS something to seriously worry about. It resonates particularly with me because only a few weeks ago I took a dive on my previously reliable MS3 because one of the motor wires had popped out in a disconcertingly similar way !! So it appears that in the 6 years between its manufacture and the latest batch of Masters they are STILL making the same mistakes / allowing the same carelessness in such serious places. I want to love them and their crazy ideas and the epic fun their wheels can be, but they do keep relentlessly giving me reason after reason not to.

But we can't single Begode out for criticism can we ? The latest Kingsong slipping stator disaster is at least of equal shittiness, and all those cutouts and replacement boards on the InMotions - really, is ANYONE making these damn things properly ?!!

So now I have 2 choices available to me:

1. Cancel my preorder, now I have waited 3 months and it has finally arrived in the country, and try and get my money back or swap out for another wheel, so back into the 'random luck saloon' with something else.

2. Continue the order and be prepared to do a full teardown / repairs on arrival before it even gets turned on !

I think I will have to phone my dealer and discuss options.

There is a 3rd option, which involves e-bikes and giving up on EUCs altogether.

Edited by Cerbera
  • Sad 4

i don't know how but ecodrift always get the worse assembled wheel :lol:

not a justification of course, but don't be so scary guys, master is awesome and you'll be so happy when you'll ride it ;)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, EMA said:

i don't know how but ecodrift always get the worse assembled wheel :lol:

not a justification of course, but don't be so scary guys, master is awesome and you'll be so happy when you'll ride it ;)

This is why I trust Jason and Ewheels to obtain for me the best available Master. And I don't mind waiting for it. He has always been a proactive advocate for us. 

• Like 1

Hi 
Have a brandnew Master, batch 2.
Similar problem but more grave. it looks like the position sensor is stuck and only reacts after a certain inclination. I can tilt the wheel about one degree backwards and forwards without the controller sending electricity to the wheel.

i checked the brushings and thigntended them. Did not help.

Another idea?

On 8/8/2022 at 10:40 PM, Raptor said:

Hi !   I Ok . Now it is completely silent!  The slide bushings needed very little tightening. The gyro seems a bit too sensitive and overreacts even with very little play. Care must be taken when tightening the tensioning screws of these bushings! If you try a little harder, the suspension sliders get stuck!!!

(  Has anyone else experienced this behavior and sound with the Begode Master and is this a feature or defect of this model  :( ?  )

Edited by Rainu

3 minutes ago, Rainu said:

Hi 
Have a brandnew Master, batch 2.
Similar problem but more grave. it looks like the position sensor is stuck and only reacts after a certain inclination. I can tilt the wheel about one degree backwards and forwards without the controller sending electricity to the wheel.

i checked the brushings and thigntended them. Did not help.

Another idea?

you have tight the 4 screws but you still have this kind of play ?

I got the master today and finished my first ride. The feeling of the suspension was satisfactory, but the noise is heard when the suspension is quickly compressed. There is no sound when it is slowly compressed. I can't find where the noise is coming from. How can I fix it?

Edited by young
  • Like 2

On 8/30/2022 at 8:01 AM, meepmeepmayer said:

EcoDrift looks at what they call the 3rd batch.

https://ecodrift-ru.translate.goog/2022/08/30/begode-master-razbiraem-3-yuyu-inkarnatsiyu/?_x_tr_sl=ru&_x_tr_tl=en

Build quality is a bit disappointing to me, though.

Disappointing;  its like a couple guys building hot rods in their garage.

• Sad 2

8 hours ago, young said:

I can't find where the noise is coming from. How can I fix it?

If, as I suspect that is the top of the suspension rig hitting the underside of the light, I have seen people fix that by sticking a firm gel pad there.

Check for missing paint here (photo courtesy of Ecodrift)...

image.thumb.png.ec0f20298e5cbe1740d32474430caaf6.png

Baby bumper strip might do it too, but you'd have to replace that fairly regularly.

In stuff I have read, it can bottom out like this with heavier riders, and not enough pressure in the chamber. What PSI are you running, and how heavy are you ?!

Oh, and tell me - following the appalling quality report we have seen about Batch 3 so far, did you disassemble yours pre-ride and check the primary connections to the board were solid ? And were any of your pads ripped at all ? How was your general fit and finish ?

Edited by Cerbera

On 8/31/2022 at 2:08 AM, Rawnei said:

Nice, it's on amazon too, hmm it's 12v but ecodrift writes "It also requires the installation of an additional DC-converter", isn't stock light 12v? What do they mean?

On 8/31/2022 at 2:35 AM, Rawnei said:

Interesting, on amazon it says "Up to 80W/pair (actual power is 40W/pair)", why do you think ecodrift mentions you need a dc converter?

Go George Go! did a conversion on his Begode EX20S to a 12V front light and made a video about it.  I think the stock light was 5V so he had to do a bit of faffing around with electrics for the 12V item.

Edited by DavidB
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, DavidB said:

Go George Go! did a conversion on his Begode EX20S to a 12V front light and made a video about it.  I think the stock light was 5V so he had to do a bit of faffing around with electrics for the 12V item.

Maybe @GoGeorgeGo can you comment on this but it looks like everything was hooked up to the batteries directly and not using stock light connector at all which I'm still guessing is 12v.

Next question would be how to mount that same light as ecodrift uses, would need some sort of custom mount maybe 3D printed design I'm guessing.