Begode Master 134V 2400WH Suspension

6 hours ago, Rawnei said:

Maybe @GoGeorgeGo can you comment on this but it looks like everything was hooked up to the batteries directly and not using stock light connector at all which I'm still guessing is 12v.

Next question would be how to mount that same light as ecodrift uses, would need some sort of custom mount maybe 3D printed design I'm guessing.

The mod i did all goes through the wheels batteries. To clear up confusion, the front and rear lights are both 12v. But the front light only goes through a 5a stepdown and the back is only a 3a stepdown. 

So if you use a 60w or lower light on the front or a 36w or less light on the back you can just wire right into the existing hookups. 

the light i chose runs 120w though, and so instead of splicing it in i had to use a buck converter to transfer power down from 100v to 12v. 

the light pulls 10 amps from the buck converter but the buck only draws 1.2a from the batteries. So technically your top speed will be reduced slightly as your power pool is being used so just dont go crazy with your accessories being on. 

the tail lights i used only draw 5w and the usb ports can only really max out at like 36w draw, so pulling max juice from my setup is 161w, or 13.5a. So a 15a buck converter handles the job just fine and is small enough to hide. thats a maximum draw of 1.6 amps from the main batteries so even with everything full throttle its hardly even a drop in the bucket off your main power supply

• Like 3

1 hour ago, techyiam said:

@EMA

Are your rides normally on roads in traffic with other motor vehicles? If yes, do you see many other euc riders that ride like that? Also, are your local police OK with that?

i always ride roads with other motor vehicles, but it's not a common thing here, only a small group of expert riders is confident on streets.
The traffic is insane and really aggressive, you need to deal with it and ride defensively, that's why people prefers cars over others vehicles.
Generally speaking police do nothing here, nothing with cars, scooters, bikes ecc.

EUC are really few here, not legal but tollerated, specially if you don't cause problems to others.

Edited by EMA
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, EMA said:

But it will cause glare just like stock light, biggest reason to switch to something that will not cause glare.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, EMA said:

i always ride roads with other motor vehicles, but it's not a common thing here, only a small group of expert riders is confident on streets.
The traffic is insane and really aggressive, you need to deal with it and ride defensively, that's why people prefers cars over others vehicles.
Generally speaking police do nothing here, nothing with cars, scooters, bikes ecc.

EUC are really few here, not legal but tollerated, specially if you don't cause problems to others.

Thank you for your reply. 

My riding has been slowly transitioning from side streets to main roads on my V12.  I have seen a few euc riders on main roads, but they are still a rare sight, at least for me. When riding on main roads, I find that my V12 is capable enough to let me get a feeling that is quite close to that of a small displacement motorcycle. However, I feel that I can benefit from riding a larger wheel for this type of on road riding, especially for bumpier roads and under windy conditions. 

And hence, I have been looking for an euc that would be more suitable for this type of riding. I am thinking either a 20" or 22" wheel. In theory, I would probably want one with suspension. However, the 20"+ suspension wheels are still relatively new. Additionally, I am not certain that they are better than their non-suspension counterparts yet.

Do you prefer your Master over the Sherman for your on road riding? Are you riding in the 50 to 70 km/h speed range, or is it something else?

21 hours ago, techyiam said:

Thank you for your reply. 

My riding has been slowly transitioning from side streets to main roads on my V12.  I have seen a few euc riders on main roads, but they are still a rare sight, at least for me. When riding on main roads, I find that my V12 is capable enough to let me get a feeling that is quite close to that of a small displacement motorcycle. However, I feel that I can benefit from riding a larger wheel for this type of on road riding, especially for bumpier roads and under windy conditions. 

And hence, I have been looking for an euc that would be more suitable for this type of riding. I am thinking either a 20" or 22" wheel.

for street riding a bigger and faster wheel is a must, 16" becomes a bit sketchy above 55kmh, they are less stable and soffers a lot more for road imperfections compared to 19".

22" is king of streets, unbeatable experience imho.

In theory, I would probably want one with suspension. However, the 20"+ suspension wheels are still relatively new. Additionally, I am not certain that they are better than their non-suspension counterparts yet.

Do you prefer your Master over the Sherman for your on road riding? Are you riding in the 50 to 70 km/h speed range, or is it something else?

susp or not is your choice, it's a trade-off on some aspects but it's something to really consider now, specially with this begode design.

i'm totally fine riding a non susp wheel for streets, i still love it and have tons of fun, but the master bring something special to the game that you really need to consider :D

hard to answer becouse i like both a lot ( i have the Commander ), my choice is simply related to the range i need

yes , mostly of the time i ride in this range, both the wheel reach 70kmh easy but the highier geometry is for skilled and experienced riders, not everyone imho

Edited by EMA
  • Upvote 1

It looks that the Grizzla Fairing Combo is the best addition to the master to make it durable and provide grips for handling.

I don't like too much the grizzla pads though.

Wonder if the original master pads can be attached with velcro on the grizzla's plates? (I know that the front vertical pads are angled, but could they be splayed, sort of, on the side plates?)

Edited by Aztek
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Aztek said:

Wonder if the original master pads can be attached with velcro on the grizzla's plates? (I know that the front vertical pads are angled, but could they be splayed, sort of, on the site plates?)

stock pads are made to fit and protect the batteries, you can cut them but they won't stick too much with their shape. once you have site plates with velcro you can put anything you like on the wheel 

On 9/3/2022 at 5:28 AM, Cerbera said:

If, as I suspect that is the top of the suspension rig hitting the underside of the light, I have seen people fix that by sticking a firm gel pad there.

Check for missing paint here (photo courtesy of Ecodrift)...

image.thumb.png.ec0f20298e5cbe1740d32474430caaf6.png

Baby bumper strip might do it too, but you'd have to replace that fairly regularly.

In stuff I have read, it can bottom out like this with heavier riders, and not enough pressure in the chamber. What PSI are you running, and how heavy are you ?!

Oh, and tell me - following the appalling quality report we have seen about Batch 3 so far, did you disassemble yours pre-ride and check the primary connections to the board were solid ? And were any of your pads ripped at all ? How was your general fit and finish ?

this master is third batch and noise is getting worse.

My weight is 65kg(143ㅣbs) and air pressure in my suspension is 230psi.

I have driven about 170km(105mile) so far.

At first, I thought it was the sound of suspension hitting, so I put the cushion in between, but the sound didn't change at all. If you look at the end of the video, there are no marks on the cushion.

I still have no idea where this noise is coming from.

It sounds very clear when i ride.

I just tried 300 psi, but nothing changed.

Edited by young

22 minutes ago, young said:

At first, I thought it was the sound of suspension hitting, so I put the cushion in between, but the sound didn't change at all. If you look at the end of the video, there are no marks on the cushion.

it's very difficult to understand where it's coming from

Very annoying, and more than a bit worrying when mine is nearly here from the same batch !

You have got to find a way to find out where the noise is coming from - either you need something like a field recorder with a very directional mic that you move around the unit, or you need a second person to move their ear around it as you bounce ! It should be relatively easy to localise the sound to either the top or the bottom of the unit. From what I understand having watched many Master teardown videos, that knocking can only be coming from either somewhere on the bottom side of the top chassis or from the suspension sliders, which are meant to have rubber rings preventing clonking at the top, and bottom of them, where they reach their travel limit, but there has been speculation that these are not substantial or thick enough - I even wondered if yours might be missing ?! 

Edited by Cerbera

1 hour ago, young said:

Mine best guess is missing spacers at red arm assembly - take out back battery pack and inspect your wheel :D

On 9/6/2022 at 1:27 PM, daniel1234 said:

Mine best guess is missing spacers at red arm assembly

As I understood it (and I may well be wrong!) the suspension assembly is meant to be loose by design, but I am told becomes stiffer when the shock is pressurised.

Which spacers do you mean ? Presumably not the ones that Ecodrift has felt a need to add afterwards ? It might be worth contacting him to see if the reason he did this was to avoid clunking ?

Edited by Cerbera

7 minutes ago, Cerbera said:

As I understood it (and I may well be wrong!) the suspension assembly is meant to be loose by design, but I am told becomes stiffer when the shock is pressurised.

Which spacers do you mean ? Presumably not the ones that Ecodrift has felt a need to add afterwards ? It might be worth contacting him to see if the reason he did this was to avoid clunking ?

yes, the linkage assembly is loose to avoid stiction, a bit too loose, you can add some spacers between parts to reduce the noise.

11 hours ago, young said:

I have noticed two things when I watched the video. The first is the noise occurs at the bottom of the stroke. The second is the suspension travel is so short. Is the latter normal? I don't own a Master.

If you don't mind tinkering, perhaps you can remove the shock and see if you can determine the source of the sound by making the suspension go through its travel by hand?

Edited by techyiam

Sometimes that clunky noise comes from loose bushings inside of the sliders. Check that those screws are tight and maybe spray some try lube on the slider bars. Mine quieted down a good amount when I lubricated the moving areas with some PTFE dry lube.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, young said:

Handle, mudguard, Anything can make a sound.. While euc is shaking up/down. (I was searching 2 weeks in my wheel. As it was also making annoying sound. Even disassembled the wheel. At the end it was VALVE STEM.. That was hitting its own rim hole... It had 2-3mm play just enough to bounce around.)

2 hours ago, Trevor Phillips said:

Can anyone advise the diameter of the suspension sliders. (The chrome pipe)

in MM please

im looking into a bumpstop, but my Master is on the slow boat at sea

30mm (mine measure ~29.95mm)

• Thanks 1