Begode Master 134V 2400WH Suspension

20 minutes ago, Aztek said:

Nah, Master is already too heavy. I wonder can one make it lighter somehow...

If you swap the pedals for clark or nyloneove you can shave off 1kg.

Just now, Raptor said:

Greetings to everyone!

I just had a possible problem with my Master charging process?

The charging process of Begode Master ends with pulsing. The charger flashes green and red and the fan also pulsates. Everything happens at the end of charging and for about a minute and then the green light comes on and the fan also stops. I haven't been at the battery charging process in the past and I don't know if it was like that then too. Is this behavior normal for Master v1 or v1.5  ?

I am very sorry if I am writing about my concern in the wrong place!

This is normal part of charging cycle when cells are balancing, leave it plugged in for a while.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Rawnei said:

This is normal part of charging cycle when cells are balancing, leave it plugged in for a while.

Leaving it to balance after charging is a common practice and I have done it all the time. But is such a pulsation normal at the end of charging? On previous Gotway / Begode wheels, the charger fan stopped smoothly and the color of the indicator also changed smoothly.

36 minutes ago, Rawnei said:
57 minutes ago, Aztek said:

If you swap the pedals for clark or nyloneove you can shave off 1kg.

That's exactly the  change I won't do - the pedals are the best part :)

Maybe solid state battery in an year or two... Dreaming :)

29 minutes ago, Raptor said:

But is such a pulsation normal at the end of charging?

Well, my 100V GW/BG chargers do it too (pulsating red/green indicator light when charging current falls below ~300mA)... and they work fine for me this way.

CHRG-STD-100-1.jpg

Edited by RagingGrandpa
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, Raptor said:

Leaving it to balance after charging is a common practice and I have done it all the time. But is such a pulsation normal at the end of charging? On previous Gotway / Begode wheels, the charger fan stopped smoothly and the color of the indicator also changed smoothly.

Yes, it's specific per model of wheel/charger, this is normal behavior on the Master with stock charger, mine does the same.

12 minutes ago, Aztek said:

That's exactly the  change I won't do - the pedals are the best part :)

Maybe solid state battery in an year or two... Dreaming :)

Well if you want to keep the cake (pedals) and eat the cake at the same time you can swap to T4 it's lighter. 😉😁

1 hour ago, RagingGrandpa said:

Well, my 100V GW/BG chargers do it too (pulsating red/green indicator light when charging current falls below ~300mA)... and they work fine for me this way.

Thanks for the information! Since this did not occur with the previous wheels, I doubted that there might be a defect. So everything is fine. Thanks !

1 hour ago, Rawnei said:

Yes, it's specific per model of wheel/charger, this is normal behavior on the Master with stock charger, mine does the same.

Thanks for the information! Since this did not occur with the previous wheels, I doubted that there might be a defect. So everything is fine. Thanks !

6 minutes ago, Tawpie said:

docked now!!!!!

Although it is not at the destination it was headed to.     
image.thumb.png.4b0d820a365a743b31ac3781a30ca65f.png

12 hours ago, wstuart said:

True.... most reviewers have said its still nimble though. - Probably from the high pedals

I don't know... Can't say I control it yet. It is heavy - 38 kg. With the grizzla plates and bumpers will go up. And my knee is hurting now from the lateral tension when starting.

Yeah, and going in the car is not easy too - risking your back to put it in and the sharp pedal hangers and weight scratching and tearing things.

Edited by Aztek
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Dosingpsychedelics said:

Don’t worry it just had to stop and grab a load of fentanyl to drop off for the cartels in Mexico 

Shouldn’t that be ‘for’ ‘their customers’ North of the Rio Grande? It’s all about supply and demand, just like the wheels, no? 🤔

Hello guys !

i read that some of you guys have some play bacj and forth on the master. I do have it too. It doesn't really bother me as long as it is not something that's a symptom for a much bigger problem. It looks to me as something FW related but I'm not that sure, does someone know the source of this problem ?

Thanks !

Tim

So I wrote a bit about this problem with the Master before which seems many are not aware of so I wish to spread some awareness (and maybe hopefully eventually we will find a fix together in time).

The whole wheel has a sort of "back and forth" play in the whole system, there is like a small dead zone in the middle where there is a couple of degrees of looseness. Not sure if this is the same for all Master batches or just the latest batch, in later batches they made substantial changes to the sliding mechanism of the Master (see ecodrift teardown here: https://ecodrift-ru.translate.goog/2022/08/30/begode-master-razbiraem-3-yuyu-inkarnatsiyu/?_x_tr_sl=auto&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=sv&_x_tr_pto=wapp)

I uploaded a small clip to youtube demonstrating this problem:

People who don't own a Master don't seem to know about this problem at all, many Master owners are aware of the problem and asking what it is on Telegram and Facebook, some people rationalizes it as "it is fine it's not a problem" or "I don't notice it while riding", for me personally it's very very noticeable and uncomfortable a) When I do seated riding (I ride in hard mode) it produces some unpleasant feedback that resembles shifting your weight on the wheel although you are not b) When doing technical riding like trails or skateparks this behavior feels really bad as feedback from the ground is important and this becomes like noise in the feedback.

Now I took my whole wheel apart trying to find all the loose parts and tighten them, there are two main suspects here:

1. The pedal hangers are essentially two loose pieces screwed together and then they hang/clamp on to the suspension tube with just one screw that enters from one hole and doesn't go through the whole tube to the other side, this is not a great design, to stabilize them so they don't move or rotate out of place we have the battery cases and the kickstand to make the whole construction more stable and firm but without those the pedal hangers feels very loose.

Here you can see the construction of the pedal hangers: Ecodrift Teardown Video

My photo:

p1.thumb.jpg.9d1b611ce15b7ab3197194354d784282.jpg

2. There are 4 graphite bushings in the sliders, 2 per side, one below and one above, the purpose of these bushings is both to provide stability to the sliding tube and to lube the tubes.

These bushings are also loose and have a play inside the system which results in the tubes being loose in the sliders, now officially on a stock wheel from factory there is one small screw per bushing that you can adjust to minimize play but it is very difficult to adjust this so it's perfect with no play, if you adjust it too much there is stiction and even whole suspension system can stop working, not enough and there is play, very difficult to find the perfect spot.

b5.thumb.jpg.a1bfcc61a716997be0354c583b15f5af.jpg

I read discussions on Telegram russian Master channel about people experimenting with putting various materials around the bushings to make them fit tighter, one such example is Klapton tape, I tried this myself, all in all tearing down the whole wheel, putting klapton tape there might have possibly made it a little bit better but the problem is still there.

b1.thumb.jpg.274d19d84ac05160b1059605d2dbee3d.jpgb2.jpg.771fffb7087441a78ac056bfc7dcade5.jpgb3.jpg.fe589200e3cc7f6014d893a4d22573fb.jpgb4.thumb.jpg.ed375ce1909af4933f0ee60435b20671.jpg

Now possibly this problem could be because of something else which I/others have yet to discover, it's very difficult to tell and a very annoying problem that is kind of ruining the riding experience for me.

6 minutes ago, Timwheel said:

Hello guys !

i read that some of you guys have some play bacj and forth on the master. I do have it too. It doesn't really bother me as long as it is not something that's a symptom for a much bigger problem. It looks to me as something FW related but I'm not that sure, does someone know the source of this problem ?

Thanks !

Tim

Funny timing, see my post above.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Rawnei said:

The whole wheel has a sort of "back and forth" play in the whole system, there is like a small dead zone in the middle where there is a couple of degrees of looseness.

In moving parts loose tolerances are needed for cheap manufacturing. To make it tighter you need to rebuild it.

1 hour ago, Rawnei said:

These bushings are also loose and have a play inside the system which results in the tubes being loose in the sliders, now officially on a stock wheel from factory there is one small screw per bushing that you can adjust to minimize play but it is very difficult to adjust this so it's perfect with no play, if you adjust it too much there is stiction and even whole suspension system can stop working, not enough and there is play, very difficult to find the perfect spot.

It is not an adjustment crew, despite you can use it as a such. It is a locking screw. It should be only tight enough to keep the bearing in it's place. If you want to have smaller play, you will need smaller inside diameter bearing or larger diameter piston tube. Then you would also need tighter tolerance for top and bottom distance between pistons.

• Upvote 2

44 minutes ago, Eucner said:

In moving parts loose tolerances are needed for cheap manufacturing. To make it tighter you need to rebuild it.

It is not an adjustment crew, despite you can use it as a such. It is a locking screw. It should be only tight enough to keep the bearing in it's place. If you want to have smaller play, you will need smaller inside diameter bearing or larger diameter piston tube. Then you would also need tighter tolerance for top and bottom distance between pistons.

Rebuild it how? Do you actually have a Master? Have you done this? Please elaborate what you mean and how you can be so certain.