Begode Master 134V 2400WH Suspension

7 hours ago, Rawnei said:

Why do you write that one has to remove rear batteries? The bushing screws are accessible from the outside or am I missing something?

lol sorry, not your fault, i have a v1 wheel and the screws position is different on mine. you have them on the side

for a better result my sudgestion is to open the silver pillars and add something as a spacer between the bushings, the disassembly is super easy
you can use teflon and a super thin layer 3d printed like 0.1 or 0.2

Razbiraem-monokoleso-Begode-Master-115.j

15 hours ago, EMA said:

lol sorry, not your fault, i have a v1 wheel and the screws position is different on mine. you have them on the side

for a better result my sudgestion is to open the silver pillars and add something as a spacer between the bushings, the disassembly is super easy
you can use teflon and a super thin layer 3d printed like 0.1 or 0.2

Razbiraem-monokoleso-Begode-Master-115.j

Do you have a photo or illustration exactly where this spacer should be? Very difficult to imagine. 😅

Found photos and discussions on russian master telegram channel, seems to be widespread issue people trying different solutions.

Edited by Rawnei

7 hours ago, Rawnei said:

Do you have a photo or illustration exactly where this spacer should be? Very difficult to imagine. 😅

You will get it after reading these articles. Just use google translator.

Disassemble Master batch 1

https://ecodrift.ru/2022/05/21/begode-master-razbiraem/

Master latest batch

https://ecodrift.ru/2022/08/30/begode-master-razbiraem-3-yuyu-inkarnatsiyu/

41 minutes ago, Konst said:

You will get it after reading these articles. Just use google translator.

Disassemble Master batch 1

https://ecodrift.ru/2022/05/21/begode-master-razbiraem/

Master latest batch

https://ecodrift.ru/2022/08/30/begode-master-razbiraem-3-yuyu-inkarnatsiyu/

Ecodrift does neither point out the problem with the bushings or solutions for the problem. The problem is that they are/can be loose which can be felt in the whole wheel, but as I wrote before I found photos and discussions about it on Telegram and some people attempting different things to make them not loose.

Also to get them out you need to disassemble the whole wheel basically.

• Like 1

How does the lift spin kill button work on the Master? I am seeing inconsistent results with mine.

1st day, two presses disengaged motor, after done carrying I couldn't get it to engage motor again, tried one press, two press, you name it, had to power cycle.

2nd day, to my surprise it automatically engaged the motor once I put it on the ground, what black magic is this?

3rd day, two presses disengaged motor, carrying it in stairs and it starts to spin out of nowhere while carrying! What! Then it beeps and stops, keep carrying it, then it happens again! But this time spins until cut-off speed, what is going on here?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Rawnei said:

How does the lift spin kill button work on the Master? I am seeing inconsistent results with mine.

1st day, two presses disengaged motor, after done carrying I couldn't get it to engage motor again, tried one press, two press, you name it, had to power cycle.

2nd day, to my surprise it automatically engaged the motor once I put it on the ground, what black magic is this?

3rd day, two presses disengaged motor, carrying it in stairs and it starts to spin out of nowhere while carrying! What! Then it beeps and stops, keep carrying it, then it happens again! But this time spins until cut-off speed, what is going on here?

Two slow presses on the left button stops the motor. Putting it back on the ground engages it again.

Rest: bugs :)

45 minutes ago, dangasaur said:

Wow thats cool.  How do you know the Masters are on those ships?

2 hours ago, wstuart said:

Wow thats cool.  How do you know the Masters are on those ships?

3 hours ago, dangasaur said:

So I take it November on these, correct?

1 minute ago, Ptrck said:

May take 5 days to clear customs.

That's good going ! I am STILL waiting for mine and it arrived at port 10 days ago ! Customs seized it for inspection, but then took 5 whole days to even pick it up, and they have been dealing with it for at least a week since then, with no further updates ! And of course nothing doing tomorrow (Queen etc) so looks like we'll be firmly into autumn and rubbish weather by the time it eventually arrives. If it DOES arrive ! For some reason, my faith that Begode have included the correct certification and documents is less than 100% ! :) Come ON !!

On 9/16/2022 at 9:48 AM, Rawnei said:

Found photos and discussions on russian master telegram channel, seems to be widespread issue people trying different solutions.

i think you saw from the tear down where those bushing are, the key is to add something around them to fit them tight and centered inside the silver pillar.
(i'm getting a spare soon so i can take some pictures/video )

On 9/16/2022 at 6:22 PM, Rawnei said:

Also to get them out you need to disassemble the whole wheel basically.

it's super easy: you need to slide the motor out and remove the pedal hangers, 13 screws total
after that you can remove the silver pillars

20 hours ago, Rawnei said:

press 2 times to disengage, press again to re engage (typical step situations)

if you disengage and put the wheel on the stand (or the floor) it will auto re engage once up

20 hours ago, Rawnei said:

lol maybe bug !?!? (are you sure you didn't hit accidentally ? never happened to me)

1 hour ago, EMA said:

press 2 times to disengage, press again to re engage (typical step situations)

if you disengage and put the wheel on the stand (or the floor) it will auto re engage once up

lol maybe bug !?!? (are you sure you didn't hit accidentally ? never happened to me)

Seems wildly inconsistent, impossible to push the button while carrying the wheel with two hands in stairs. 😂

Question to all:  
-> Does anyone knows the VOLTAGE of the Begode Master FRONT LIGHT ?   Does anyone knows how many amps it draws?  How big the wise is (like in AWG) ?

Why do I ask:  I am planning to add/install a ‘Police Car’ very bright, always on tail light  (https://www.ebay.com/itm/354279217604?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=csdx2zr8rew&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=S5OzuvqmQVe&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY)

I will install a buck converter if I have to, but would prefer keep it simple if I can use the power (and the convenience of the front light switch) of the existing front light :)

If I have to use a DC-DC con-DC converter, I am thinking of using:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/325148966318?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=dyzbuaeaQu-&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=S5OzuvqmQVe&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

(I will have to add a serial resistance to keep the input voltage below the 120V limit of the DC-DC converter.

Question:
-> Does anyone have a suggestion on a DC-DC converter that would accept input voltages of 134V and output of at least 30W ?

Michel

Edited by MTurcotte

11 hours ago, Mrd777 said:

So I take it November on these, correct?

ewheels expects the first 100 to ship in early October and the following 200 to ship mid October.  I asked if they could tell me where my pre-order was in the group but they said that there have been so many pre-order cancellations and changes that won't know until it's time to take payment and ship.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rawnei said:

Seems wildly inconsistent, impossible to push the button while carrying the wheel with two hands in stairs. 😂

So 3 times in a row now the spin up happened while carrying up stairs, this time I was a bit more ready for it and observing it, same thing all 3 times:

1. Activate motor disengage with 2 button presses, wheel beeps twice in quick succession

2. Lift wheel, you can see the motor slowly slowly spinning in the direction you are leaning it

3. After a little while it will beep 5 times in slow succession while you are carrying the wheel, after 5th beep there is a small pause then a 6th beep and motor engages and start spinning!

Now once at home I tried replicating it the same but I couldn't! And at home it wouldn't auto engage when put down like I've seen it do before, at home same consistent behavior, press button twice, lift, everything ok, put down, press button once to re-engage, I have no idea what is going on here.

Edited by Rawnei
  • Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, Rawnei said:

the spin up happened while carrying up stairs

Maybe the "on ground" sensor is reading going up steps as being on the ground? It has to be a firmware bug, but will BG bother to fix it? To me it's fix worthy because stairs are a real good reason to use spin kill...

I wonder what happens if you carry it without going up/down stairs?

Edited by Tawpie
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, MTurcotte said:

Why do I ask:  I am planning to add/install a ‘Police Car’ very bright, always on tail light

Or 'How to get your Master confiscated in one easy move' ! Illegal vehicle AND impersonating police ! You could smoke a doobie as well, as you ride, and go for the triple !! ;)

Edited by Cerbera

2 minutes ago, Tawpie said:

Maybe the "on ground" sensor is reading going up steps as being on the ground? It has to be a firmware bug, but with BG bother to fix it? To me it's fix worthy because stairs are a real good reason to use spin kill...

I wonder what happens if you carry it without going up/down stairs?

I'm thinking of the guys carrying with one hand on the kickstand, ouf if the wheel starts spinning it's a possible disaster!

8 minutes ago, Rawnei said:

I'm thinking of the guys carrying with one hand on the kickstand, ouf if the wheel starts spinning it's a possible disaster!

Ouch indeed ! That is about the only decent way to pick that thing up as far as I can see, and it's certainly a great argument for a) MC gloves with comprehensive knuckle / joint armour and b) just turning the wheel off before carrying it anywhere ! Never really 'got' why we need a motor kill switch - it's not like powering down is some great long involved procedure, so I don't need much encouragement to just do that instead.

Edited by Cerbera

2 minutes ago, Cerbera said:

Ouch indeed ! That is about the only decent way to pick that thing up as far as I can see, and it's certainly a great argument for a) MC gloves with comprehensive knuckle / joint armour and b) just turning the wheel off before carrying it anywhere ! Never really 'got' why we need a motor kill switch - it's not like powering down is some great long involved procedure, so I don't need much encouragement to just do that instead.

Since I have the Kuba linkage it's easy to carry grabbing by the shock so I'm lucky that way or might have had a surprise accident already.

24 minutes ago, Rawnei said:

So 3 times in a row now the spin up happened while carrying up stairs, this time I was a bit more ready for it and observing it, same thing all 3 times:

1. Activate motor disengage with 2 button presses, wheel beeps twice in quick succession

2. Lift wheel, you can see the motor slowly slowly spinning in the direction you are leaning it

3. After a little while it will beep 5 times in slow succession while you are carrying the wheel, after 5th beep there is a small pause then a 6th beep and motor engages and start spinning!

Now once at home I tried replicating it the same but I couldn't! And at home it wouldn't auto engage when put down like I've seen it do before, at home same consistent behavior, press button twice, lift, everything ok, put down, press button once to re-engage, I have no idea what is going on here.

lol that's weird :o

1 hour ago, MTurcotte said:

Question to all:  
-> Does anyone knows the VOLTAGE of the Begode Master FRONT LIGHT ?   Does anyone knows how many amps it draws?  How big the wise is (like in AWG) ?

Why do I ask:  I am planning to add/install a ‘Police Car’ very bright, always on tail light  (https://www.ebay.com/itm/354279217604?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=csdx2zr8rew&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=S5OzuvqmQVe&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY)

I will install a buck converter if I have to, but would prefer keep it simple if I can use the power (and the convenience of the front light switch) of the existing front light :)

If I have to use a DC-DC con-DC converter, I am thinking of using:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/325148966318?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=dyzbuaeaQu-&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=S5OzuvqmQVe&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

(I will have to add a serial resistance to keep the input voltage below the 120V limit of the DC-DC converter.

Question:
-> Does anyone have a suggestion on a DC-DC converter that would accept input voltages of 134V and output of at least 30W ?

Michel

stock light is 12v , you can use 20W max light