Begode Master 134V 2400WH Suspension

1 hour ago, Whalesmash said:

The stock shock can be filled with additional shock oil to reduce volume inside of the air cylinder. I tried it and it did resolve a lot of the bottom out issues, though I still found the lack of compression dampening to warrant a replacement. You could probably DIY a volume reducer, but I found shock oil to just be easier to work with. Top of the shock just unscrews from the cylinder with a good amount of elbow grease. 

when i tried it was really difficult for me to open it , need to try again i'm curious.

46 minutes ago, EUCzero said:

And what is you current solution?

I changed to a fox shock with a volume reducer and a modified suspension arm.

14 minutes ago, EMA said:

when i tried it was really difficult for me to open it , need to try again i'm curious.

I folded a strip of duct tape in half length wise and wrapped that around the cylinder, then stuck a screwdriver through the top hope of the shock. It did take some effort to get out and it was a pretty messy job. 

Edited by Whalesmash
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, EMA said:

it's not like that, almost all of the firmwares are not in the app right now becouse they are working on them, but i can confirm c01 is the name for the 1st version

Yes, I can change PWM in the app - or through EUC dash before 1.09.0 app. I was pretty sure, according to control board, that I have the first version. With 4* series batteries. 

I am curious what happens if I flash there incorrect FW, with a different battery config (c01 fw to c02 unit). Is there any recovery from that?  Or wheel instantly combust on fw install ? :D 

16 minutes ago, daniel1234 said:

Yes, I can change PWM in the app - or through EUC dash before 1.09.0 app.

if you can change the pwm you already have a v2 and don't need to update, this wasn't possible with v1 ;)

I cant find anywhere what is RIDER maximum weight limit on MASTER is not in spec sheet why?

Question how many thousand kilometers/miles can survive MASTER suspension(linkage etc) system without any mainterance working normaly under 130kg weight (285lbs).

Is about thousands or is just toy what no have any chance under this weeight work and sucessfuly suspension something without botoming on any small hole or road inperfection?

I watch some vids about modification suspension on master why people do this is realy that bad from factory?

12 minutes ago, DjPanJan said:

I cant find anywhere what is RIDER maximum weight limit on MASTER is not in spec sheet why?

Question how many thousand kilometers/miles can survive MASTER suspension(linkage etc) system without any mainterance working normaly under 130kg weight (285lbs).

Is about thousands or is just toy what no have any chance under this weeight work and sucessfuly suspension something without botoming on any small hole or road inperfection?

I watch some vids about modification suspension on master why people do this is realy that bad from factory?

Master is maintenance free, just clean sometimes the sliders and spray some ptfe, 2m job.

stock shock is bad for heavy people, let's say more than 80kg. 90-100kg riders put a coil with a 1500lbs spring, just that

Edited by EMA
  • Like 1

Normally an air shock should be serviced couple of times per year, some of them every 50-100 hours, don't know about stock one but I'm sure it's not 100% maintenance free as no air shock is, if you swap it out to something else check manufacturer recommendation. Also you will notice when air shock not working properly anymore and need to be serviced.

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

EcoDrift looks at what they call the 3rd batch.

https://ecodrift-ru.translate.goog/2022/08/30/begode-master-razbiraem-3-yuyu-inkarnatsiyu/?_x_tr_sl=ru&_x_tr_tl=en

According to my calculations, we have the third modification of this unicycle. I count changes by controllers. The second version of the controller differed from the first one with new field-effect transistors, but this time Begode completely redesigned the board, its cooling, and at the same time a lot of other changes happened in the wheel.

Build quality is a bit disappointing to me, though.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Raptor said:

Oh horror :) , I just ordered for my Master (narrow rim) tire Heidenau K66 90/90 14  52P RF . But does it even fit in the case of the Master?! :( 

it will fit, just use some spacers on battery case to make them wider

36 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Not sure why this has Samsung 40T cells (4000mAh only but high discharge). New battery size (1900Wh) or coincidence?

yes 40T is 1900wh but you can always choose the 2400wh with 50E

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, RagingGrandpa said:

Aww dang, they're using a cheaper JJM FET now :( 
(JMSH1507)

Monokoleso-Begode-Master-98.jpg 

It's ratings are cut in half, vs the Infineon parts we had in the Master demo wheels :(

AL9nZEWt08PmkBGx_sWp3DZ0OXRZfYEfEZMuiiQE 

I had high hopes that this controller might break new ground in terms of maximum output current. Fingers crossed for a revival of top-brand parts in a future model. 

Ah confirmed... I recall seeing some discussion on the Russian telegram group that redesign around the aluminum substrate was for better cooling of inferior MOSFETs, and indeed. Perhaps I'll cherish my V1 board 🥲

8 hours ago, EMA said:

if you can change the pwm you already have a v2 and don't need to update, this wasn't possible with v1 ;)

I'm a little confused about the board and FW versions myself. I have the 4 series packs, and what looks like the V1 board, but no fan, like the V1.5. From AlienRides' first shipment. It could do the PWM change with the C02 FW. I've been enjoying the PWM tiltback FW now though.

My understanding in the past from Before was that the c01 NTC fw was the the parallel pack Masters.

Silly Begode and their naming conventions

Edited by redfoxdude

2 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

EcoDrift looks at what they call the 3rd batch.

https://ecodrift-ru.translate.goog/2022/08/30/begode-master-razbiraem-3-yuyu-inkarnatsiyu/?_x_tr_sl=ru&_x_tr_tl=en

Build quality is a bit disappointing to me, though.

Wow, that loose phase wire connector! 😨

• Sad 5

50 minutes ago, Bizra6ot said:

Nice, it's on amazon too, hmm it's 12v but ecodrift writes "It also requires the installation of an additional DC-converter", isn't stock light 12v? What do they mean?

20 minutes ago, EMA said:

nice, 20w should be usable directly with the board

It's 20w per led so 80w total, stock is 5w per led 20w total I believe.

Edited by Rawnei

17 minutes ago, Rawnei said:

Nice, it's on amazon too, hmm it's 12v but ecodrift writes "It also requires the installation of an additional DC-converter", isn't stock light 12v? What do they mean?

It's 20w per led so 80w total, stock is 5w per led 20w total I believe.

picture say 4 led 5w each, should be fine. (i've installed on my friend wheel a 18w without issue)

image.png.f577981e48d0e9df1c1b22c8f231db1d.png

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, EMA said:

picture say 4 led 5w each, should be fine. (i've installed on my friend wheel a 18w without issue)

image.png.f577981e48d0e9df1c1b22c8f231db1d.png

Interesting, on amazon it says "Up to 80W/pair (actual power is 40W/pair)", why do you think ecodrift mentions you need a dc converter?

https://www.amazon.com/Adzoon-Single-Driving-Pickup-Motorcycle/dp/B09KX88KWK