Begode Master 134V 2400WH Suspension

5 hours ago, Robse said:

If you power down, you loose your active "trip - log" etc... and have to start all over on power up.

In what app?

I shut down my wheel all the time without loosing the trip/log in EUCworld. Have you set the app to auto stop logging if loosing contact with the EUC? That could be the problem.

1 hour ago, EUCzero said:

In what app?

I shut down my wheel all the time without loosing the trip/log in EUCworld. Have you set the app to auto stop logging if loosing contact with the EUC? That could be the problem.

ok ;)  Nothing on my "dumb" phone starts anything on it's own. Not even "google sneak and share" is allowed anything.  In return neither google, the customs, my bank, the authorities nor my wife knows anything about where i  have been or am, or what i spend my money on :P

• Like 2

11 hours ago, EMA said:

lol that's weird :o

stock light is 12v , you can use 20W max light

Thank you EMA 🙏.

Could you please let me know where tou go this information ?  Please 🙏.

I have so many follow up questions like wire size?  what limits the power to 20W?  How much is the front light consuming?
where does this power come from?  Is it limited by wire siE?  relay?  Transistor?  motherboard trace/line/wire?  Connector?  etc…

I like that I have 12V available, but ideally, I need to have my front light lit at the same time as my back lights so having you source might allow me to dig further (before I actually open my wheel and reverse engineer the front light system).

Thanks, Michel

3 hours ago, MTurcotte said:

Thank you EMA 🙏.

Could you please let me know where tou go this information ?  Please 🙏.

I have so many follow up questions like wire size?  what limits the power to 20W?  How much is the front light consuming?
where does this power come from?  Is it limited by wire siE?  relay?  Transistor?  motherboard trace/line/wire?  Connector?  etc…

I like that I have 12V available, but ideally, I need to have my front light lit at the same time as my back lights so having you source might allow me to dig further (before I actually open my wheel and reverse engineer the front light system).

Thanks, Michel

it's well know since the MSP light hit the market :D you can also measure it with a tester ;)

• i don't know if the power is limited in some way
  • there's a current regulator which dim the light when the wheel is standing
  • 20W comes from the light itself, it's made with 5W leds connected in series, i would not go above this (also i don't think you need)

lot of riders already are using 18-20W light without issues since the beginning, check the ecodrift teardown some pages ago

• Like 1

So I think I figured out why the lift switch disengages while carrying in stairs, it has a function to detect when you place the wheel on the kickstand and it will automatically re-engage the motor based on that detection, well that detection is based on the angle of the wheel, while carrying the wheel you use your leg as leverage which will create enough (but certainly not as steep as placing it on the kickstand) angle for it to assume you placed it on the kickstand.

Feels like something that should be tuned or removed altogether by Begode, not a very thought out feature.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

On 9/17/2022 at 4:39 PM, dangasaur said:

It look like one of ships is expected in LA on Oct. 1st.   Hope my Master is on that one.....

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, wstuart said:

It look like one of ships is expected in LA on Oct. 1st.   Hope my Master is on that one.....

My wheel is probably on this ship....

image.thumb.png.395c5b397fb8d98f7cfd2ccad3f95242.png

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, techyiam said:

If you switch your preorder over to the EX30, you may get your new wheel quicker. The ship your Master is probably on may have lost its rudder or captain.  🙂

If I didn't already have a Kuba suspension system, 2 aftermarket shocks and Grizzla side covers for the master....Master..... I woukd be seriously considering switching to the EX30

• Like 3

1 hour ago, wstuart said:

If I didn't already have a Kuba suspension system, 2 aftermarket shocks and Grizzla side covers for the master....Master..... I woukd be seriously considering switching to the EX30

Lol. Me too. Just about did it today but too much time and money already sunk in the Master.

Paradoxically, the greater interest V13 and Sherman-S attract today, the higher quality Begode products will become tomorrow... But if they just manage to kill the competition by 1000 prototypes, then... we will all continue riding prototypes, I guess... :-)

• Like 1

I know - every time I see a new model announced and I still haven't got my Master I have a) the slightly depressing feeling that I have already been superseded (it was still fastest wheel in the world when ordered, lols !) and b) I wonder if I should change my mind and request my dealer upgrades that to something more recent / substantial. For example all 3 models released after the master seem to have better lights and thicker frames, and seem more robust (metal battery packs etc), but they are so much heavier, and I just don't need that huge range and that huge weight - 79 lb really is the maximum I want to be lifting with any degree of regularity !

What I could do with is a frame that won't crack the first time it falls over or a rear light that doesn't disintegrate while you're loading it into the car ! The ever-present dilemma - do I finally get the wheel I've been waiting all this time for (nearly 3 months and counting - STILL in customs, but only weeks away) or do I update to something else, and add another 4-6 months of waiting, and no new wheel in the meantime !

Edited by Cerbera
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BleepBloopBlop said:

Honestly I'm very happy with my Master after 1000 miles of use this summer. I am curious about the EX30 but don't need the range, added weight or added cost. My failures so far have been the trolley handle and tail light housing. The LEDs still work for the tail light and it is brighter now so I don't mind. The trolley handle got replaced and is holding strong. I am just careful with it now as it is delicate. It's a great wheel that most will be thrilled with. 

Thanks for that post.  It's quotes like these that are keeping me with my Master pre order.  The other wheels might be newer, but at the end of the day, many of the Master users are happy and impressed.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, EMA said:

once you ride the master....:w00t2::w00t2:

I agree.  I'm excited for it because every first impression video seems to indicate the Master a new level of performance.  I would guess that the ex30 will be the same. 

55 minutes ago, sffish said:

So my preorder will be available "soon". Should I take this one or wait for a later batch? Do you think Begode will change/improve future iterations? Maybe improve the suspension to make it behave like the T4?

Did you hear that from ewheels already?  I'm trying to figure out where I am in the lineup. 

1 hour ago, sffish said:

Do you think Begode will change/improve future iterations?

Almost certainly ! Major things have changed about that wheel with every batch produced; different mainboards, display boards, battery pack wiring, loads of stuff, and there is no reason to imagine they would stop now ! Or to imagine you will find out which version you are getting sometime before it arrives, because begode don't really announce differences so we have to wait for people like Ecodrift to get each batch off a ship and break it down and analyse the differences, and pre-warn us accordingly ! Some of those changes are undoubtedly good. Gotway does listen to feedback. Others are more about cost-saving, or hastily improvised bodged solutions to fundamental design issues.

You really do take a punt with Gotway / Begode, which is the price you pay for being at the cutting edge of performance. Just gotta hope you get lucky, not only with the batch,  but down to the individual machine you get ! 

I will be stripping mine down before I even get on it, because, sad but true, it is evidently necessary to check everything for your own peace of mind because there isn't much in the way of guarantee that Gotway will have done it for you ! 

Edited by Cerbera
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, wstuart said:

Nah, Master is already too heavy. I wonder can one make it lighter somehow...

Greetings to everyone!

I just had a possible problem with my Master charging process?

The charging process of Begode Master ends with pulsing. The charger flashes green and red and the fan also pulsates. Everything happens at the end of charging and for about a minute and then the green light comes on and the fan also stops. I haven't been at the battery charging process in the past and I don't know if it was like that then too. Is this behavior normal for Master v1 or v1.5  ?

I am very sorry if I am writing about my concern in the wrong place!

• Like 1