Begode Master 134V 2400WH Suspension

1 hour ago, Rawnei said:

Rebuild it how?

Substitute loose parts with better design and tighter tolerances. You can start from bearings, linkage system and shock. It will require some engineering and elbow grease, or wait till commercial solutions are available.

1 hour ago, Rawnei said:

Do you actually have a Master?

No, but I've been very interested to have one. I'll be waiting few Begode design iterations until I see it feasible to fix remaining problems myself.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Eucner said:

Substitute loose parts with better design and tighter tolerances. You can start from bearings, linkage system and shock. It will require some engineering and elbow grease, or wait till commercial solutions are available.

No, but I've been very interested to have one. I'll be waiting few Begode design iterations until I see it feasible to fix remaining problems myself.

Ok so you are just speculating, gotcha.

3 minutes ago, RagingGrandpa said:

Small correction:Ā KaptonĀ tape :)Ā 

I always think Klingon whenever I see this brand. Speaking of, that's the perfect name for tape, double entendre and all.

"Kling-On" The tape that never surrenders. Sells itself.

Alright, I'll show myself out now.

1 hour ago, Timwheel said:

Technically, rocket science is mechanical engineering. Ask me how I know.

Partly yes, but the old rocket science phrase refers to (non-linear) aerodynamics and especially to control engineering (differential equations, Laplace transforms, frequency domain analysis, stability criterions, Nyquist diagrams and PID controllers). Don't ask me how I knowĀ :).

Does anyone know in the new 2x2 parallel x serial configuration of packs how are the packs grouped? Two front + two rear or two left + two right?

50 minutes ago, Rawnei said:

Does anyone know in the new 2x2 parallel x serial configuration of packs how are the packs grouped? Two front + two rear or two left + two right?

I believe they are paired Front Right to Rear Left and Front Left to Rear Right.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, UniBlab said:

Ā 

hmm looks to be another revision than mine though, mine has blue battery board, so possible that it's different, in the latest ecodrift teardown they also have the blue version and this is what they write translated and quoted:

Now these are not 4 batteries connected in series, but 2 pairs of batteries connected in parallel. Moreover, parallel pairs are not spaced apart, but represent two front assemblies and two rear ones.

Ā 

Edited by Rawnei

Past few days after doing my teardown of the Master trying to minimize the play/deadzone in the system I noticed that my range on the Master is really lacking, for instance yesterday I was on a 38.1km ride, max speed was only 56kmh, avg riding speed 19.2kmh and only 109v when I got back home, doesn't feel normal at all, feels like it's only using half of the packs range wise.

But the wheel was charging to 134.4 volts and everything seems fine from that perspective, I checked all battery connectors this morning and it kinda looked like one of connectors (bottom right) was not fully inserted to the bottom which I fixed (which of course would be my fault when re-assembling, but the space there is very tight and this is easy to miss), I'm curious about what I'm seeing here, would the wheel still charge to 134.4 volts still if it was only running on two packs?

31 minutes ago, Rawnei said:

Past few days after doing my teardown of the Master trying to minimize the play/deadzone in the system I noticed that my range on the Master is really lacking, for instance yesterday I was on a 38.1km ride, max speed was only 56kmh, avg riding speed 19.2kmh and only 109v when I got back home, doesn't feel normal at all, feels like it's only using half of the packs range wise.

But the wheel was charging to 134.4 volts and everything seems fine from that perspective, I checked all battery connectors this morning and it kinda looked like one of connectors (bottom right) was not fully inserted to the bottom which I fixed (which of course would be my fault when re-assembling, but the space there is very tight and this is easy to miss), I'm curious about what I'm seeing here, would the wheel still charge to 134.4 volts still if it was only running on two packs?

Not sure which connector you are speaking about. But if two 67.2v packs in series are correctly wired they can be charged to 134.4v indeed. If a series connector is not properly connected between the other two packs, it shouldn't be a hazard since each 67.2v pack has either + or - from the charge port and not both so they can't see 134.4v (or Begode used another wiring possibility designed for max danger ;) )

13 minutes ago, Timwheel said:

Not sure which connector you are speaking about. But if two 67.2v packs in series are correctly wired they can be charged to 134.4v indeed. If a series connector is not properly connected between the other two packs, it shouldn't be a hazard since each 67.2v pack has either + or - from the charge port and not both so they can't see 134.4v (or Begode used another wiring possibility designed for max danger ;) )

The question is what happens if just one pack is disconnected, will the wheel as reported in app will charge up to 134.4v anyway?

And how do you verify if you have problem with a pack?

Edited by Rawnei

22 minutes ago, Rawnei said:

The question is what happens if just one pack is disconnected, will the wheel as reported in app will charge up to 134.4v anyway?

I might be wrong, but my thought is that even with one pack disconnected it should read 134.4v. Imagine two parallel pillars of 134.4m (duh)Ā  with a house on top. Even if you break one pillar, the house is still at 134.4m. It just will be shaky ;)

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Rawnei said:

Yes if 1 of the 4 packs is disconnected, you'll get half of the battery capacity.

We can check everything electrically and test the capacity of your packs next week if you'd likeĀ 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Rawnei said:

hmm looks to be another revision than mine though, mine has blue battery board, so possible that it's different, in the latest ecodrift teardown they also have the blue version and this is what they write translated and quoted:

Ā 

So I can confirm that on my revision 2 upper and 2 lower are the paralell, my 2 lower ones is not working. šŸ˜±

• Sad 4

38 minutes ago, Wgm said:

I'm debating what to do with mine.

Go climb steep grass hills until it melts a strip, then request warranty service from your seller... it's a nearly-new wheel, after all.

Reworking 8 connections and then crossing your fingers that there's no other bottleneck in the system isn't a good answer.

Ā 

Edited by RagingGrandpa

On 9/24/2022 at 8:09 PM, Rawnei said:

So I can confirm that on my revision 2 upper and 2 lower are the paralell, my 2 lower ones is not working. šŸ˜±

Some follow-up information on the state of my Master, one of my packs is dead, it measures 0v on multi-meter, the other 3 packs are normal, wheel ridden less than 250km total with no falls or damages.

Big AliExpress reseller which for now will not be named (giving them a chance to redeem this situation) together with Begode engineers wanted me to personally open up the pack and measure the cell groups, if cells are ok they said they would send me a new BMS which I install myself and if cells not ok they would send me a new pack, I said no I won't do this, I'm not an electrical engineer, have no experience working on batteries, don't feel comfortable opening up a pack to measure and definitely not comfortable to swap out the BMS on the pack, they insisted for some time and really pushed me to do it saying I wasn't cooperating which is totally nuts.

Next they told me to send the pack back to them in China and I would have to cover the costs for that, obviously not an option to send a broken battery pack from Europe to China with all regulations in place and even so what cost that would entail for me.

Next option they gave me was to send the pack to a service center in France for repairs and they would re-imburse me for shipping costs, well I did my due diligence and it's near impossible to send a battery pack like that for a normal person within EU, you need permits, tests, 30% SoC charge etc, all delivery companies have state a little bit different rules but they all reference the same EU regulations and rules for dangerous goods, what is clear is that you should never send a broken or recalled pack this way.

So now I'm awaiting further replies how to go forward, they seem to have no concern at all for the potential fire hazard, for now I have placed the battery in a lipo bag on my balcony just in case, I would rather not just have it lying around my apartment.

Reason I got this wheel from AliExpress was that I joined a group purchase and bought it from there against my better judgement, the purchase price was good but this type of non existent support for a clear warranty issue is really all hell to deal with.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 11