Begode Master 134V 2400WH Suspension

3 minutes ago, The Brahan Seer said:

This is what I was afraid of. The forces transmitted through the pedal hanger would still exist.

So having a plate won't stop this and any practical workaround is virtually impossible. This really disheartens me.  So how much trust do you have with this wheel especially  if you plan to ride at speed and/or on long cruises? This is the question I would ask myself before buying this wheel.

I wasn't aware of the implications of the pedal design when I bought mine, it was quite shocking to see the design in person how loose everything was, very difficult to deduce from a teardown unless someone points it out specifically, it's very poor design. Same with the loose suspension rod that gives the whole wheel a center deadzone with back and forth play.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I am a bit disheartened too - no doubt about it. The list of potential problems with that wheel grows almost daily. Sigh...

However I am not entirely sure that WrongWay's criticism of those packs was entirely justified in all respects. Certainly it is piss poor that they can crack from normal insertion of the screws that hold them together, and that they have chosen wedge head screws with no divot to receive them (doesn't that virtually guarantee cracking ?!). Why on earth not use dome head screws with a washer ? Or have a strong rubber or silicone washer which would protect the case AND improve the water ingress situation ?

Maybe I will try and replace those if the damage isn't already done. But it does seem fairly mad to me that if these packs are contributing to the overall structural integrity of the mainframe they should at least have metal brackets to hold them on that can't crack under everyday riding pressure. I guess that's another thing we'll have to keep a constant eye on. Presumably they will be largely unobtainable as spares unless via thingiverse etc ?

But in terms of plastic rigidity I don't think it is necessarily fair to remove the battery and the reinforced / strutted end plates then start squeezing the 2 flexible sides of the plastic to show its weakness. Obviously the plastic will never flex anything like that much when it is full of battery, foam and supported by those stronger ribbed end plates, and even when he did flex it it didn't break ! (see clutching at straws).

And I do detect a hopeful air of general solidity and rigidity from the assembled packs, especially if they are further covered by door kick plates / metal panels and bumper strip on all the exposed surfaces. I know we shouldn't have to, but I am looking for ways to avoid the problems if I can, and I do want very badly to solve them, because I am convinced that machine can be such a joy if we could only keep them working...

Edited by Cerbera

7 hours ago, supercurio said:

Agree with @Rawnei @Aztek, either it was sold as V2 but it's not, or you already have a defective pack.

Well, it has the soft ugly bit on the front of the front light and the boards are green. The one with the power button reads T01-001, 2022_5_3, like this.

I measured the packs (the wheel is around 50% charged) and all four were exactly 29.3 volts.

Edited by Aztek

16 minutes ago, Aztek said:

I measured the packs (the wheel is around 50% charged) and all three were exactly 29.3 volts.

look at the positive side, you most probably got a v1 board, the one with the good mosfets ;)

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, enaon said:

look at the positive side, you most probably got a v1 board, the one with the good mosfets ;)

And what the bad mosfets do? Go downtown, get drunk and start a fight? :)

So I've got the good mostfets and the bad nickel strips which need enforcement, so the packs could properly explode after?

What would I do without begode to make my life interesting.

Edited by Aztek
  • Like 2

Just now, Aztek said:

And what the bad mosfets do? Go downtown, get drunk and start a fight? :)

the cheap fets they use on v2 will make the wheel overheat much easier. You can go to a local battery store and enhance the battery stripes if you are worried, but you cannot change fets. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Aztek said:

and the bad nickel strips which need enforcement, so the packs could properly explode after?

on this, there is a misunderstanding I think.

the serial packs re the safest gotway yet by design if one wants to avoid a fire while charging/riding situation. It is just that if a pack fails while riding, you will fall. Take it for inspection to a trusted battery shop, and then you are a happy owner I think. 

Edited by enaon
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Anyone figure out the "LED" settings in the Begode app?  I've tried changing the settings, but can't confirm any difference.

Do they affect brake light function?  Display brightness?

If it's anything like the ex.n most of the settings won't do anything. The head light has 3 modes, off, on, flashing. They do nothing for the tail light. For wheels that have the rgb lighting more of the settings will change the light colors and modes. On those wheels the tail light is not changeable.

Hi Guys!

I plan to buy a Begode Master, could you tell me what accessories should I get for it? Like for safety that it woud not get stolen or damaged. What tire? What powerpad? What battery? Any other recommended stuff?

I live in a city so I wouldnt use if for off-road, also this will be my first wheel, so I dont have any experiment with EUC-s, I only own a bike.

Thanks in advance.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RaidenHUN said:

Hi Guys!

I plan to buy a Begode Master, could you tell me what accessories should I get for it? Like for safety that it woud not get stolen or damaged. What tire? What powerpad? What battery? Any other recommended stuff?

I live in a city so I wouldnt use if for off-road, also this will be my first wheel, so I dont have any experiment with EUC-s, I only own a bike.

Thanks in advance.

Master as a first wheel... This would spell trouble. I can't imagine how one learns EUC riding on the master.

Better get s18 or something.

Otherwise, if you insist, the grizzla bumpers, pads and side boards seem a must.

Edited by Aztek
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, RaidenHUN said:

Hi Guys!

Thanks in advance.

Hide apple AirTags inside somewhere ,get Clark bumpers ,depending on your weight you may need to get another shock cuz everyone says the master shock sucks .might want to find a dealer that offers road tires instead of the cst186 knobby that usually comes on it.if you can buy from ewheels all begode wheels come with the new begode spiked pedals for free.they are 250$ from other dealers .just seen your from Hungary so You will have to buy from a local dealer probably 

1 hour ago, Aztek said:

Master as a first wheel... This would spell trouble. I can't imagine how one learns EUC riding on the master.

Better get s18 or something.

Otherwise, if you insist, the grizzla bumpers, pads and side boards seem a must.

It’s not his first wheel says right under his name he has a v8 and no wheel is too hard to learn on because every wheel feels totally different .I started on rs19 high speed took me 15 minutes in a parking lot. And now I have over 3,000+miles in the past few months on it.But when I got on a friends v11 it was impossible to turn and the geometry of it was totally different it was like learning all over again cuz that wheel felt alien to me 

Edited by Dosingpsychedelics
  • Like 1

Voilà 100kms de parcourus sur ma première roue que je kiffe déjà.

Je roule avec protections coudes et avant bras, tibias genoux, gants gyroriderz, casque ACERBIS flip avec lampe sigma 700 et cosmo connected. Leash de bodyboard accroché au sac.

Je cruise à 30/35kmh, mais j'ai encore du mal à garder une vitesse stable. Du coup ça se ressent sur l'autonomie, 30kms et je descends à 65% !

Les départs trotinette sont enfin gérés à 80% 😁. Je n'ai pas connu d'autres roues, impressionnant au début mais je trouve que c'est pas si haut finalement, c'est même top.

Je laisse toujours le trolley sorti sur sa première position pour la retenir au cas où et pour me lancer, ça m'aide bien.

Les virages serrés passent très bien, pas de soucis avec le pneu mais sans doute dû à la pression que je lui met, 40psi. Ce pneu est parfait pour mon utilisation. Il a reçu aussi du slime préventif.

Mes 90kgs full équipé sont suspendus par 330psi, et même si je ne fais pas de offroad pour l'instant, les chemins pourris plein de trous sont effacés sans bruits. Mais la suspension remonte jusqu'au bout et il faut regonfler tout les 30kms de environ 10psi.... Je vais démonter l'obus et injecter une goutte d'huile silicone à 1000cps.

Et monter à 350psi serait mieux je pense.

Le freinage est incroyable pour peu qu'on se mette en position assise vers l'arrière, ça freine mieux que ma dualtron mini...

Je ne comprends pas le réglage de vitesse de l'inclinaison, j'ai testé 3kmh mais impossible de me lancer alors j'ai laissé sur éteindre.

J'essaie d'être toujours détendu, de basculer le bassin vers l'avant pour accélérer plutôt que de me pencher, sur les conseils de pilotes chevronnés.

Je serre bien les talons et les mollets, ça commence à faire moins mal. Je me détends.

En revanche le dessous de mes pieds 😭😭😭, mais j' imagine que c'est le métier qui rentre.

J'ai reçu pas mal de critiques et mise garde pour le fait de commencer sur cette roue, mais le choix c'est fait naturellement en fonction de mon utilisation et finalement je ne regrette absolument pas !

Elle est parfaite pour mes trajets quotidiens et mon utilisation loisir.

Good ride

11 minutes ago, peytole said:

Voilà 100kms de parcourus sur ma première roue que je kiffe déjà.

Je roule avec protections coudes et avant bras, tibias genoux, gants gyroriderz, casque ACERBIS flip avec lampe sigma 700 et cosmo connected. Leash de bodyboard accroché au sac.

Je cruise à 30/35kmh, mais j'ai encore du mal à garder une vitesse stable. Du coup ça se ressent sur l'autonomie, 30kms et je descends à 65% !

Les départs trotinette sont enfin gérés à 80% 😁. Je n'ai pas connu d'autres roues, impressionnant au début mais je trouve que c'est pas si haut finalement, c'est même top.

Je laisse toujours le trolley sorti sur sa première position pour la retenir au cas où et pour me lancer, ça m'aide bien.

Les virages serrés passent très bien, pas de soucis avec le pneu mais sans doute dû à la pression que je lui met, 40psi. Ce pneu est parfait pour mon utilisation. Il a reçu aussi du slime préventif.

Mes 90kgs full équipé sont suspendus par 330psi, et même si je ne fais pas de offroad pour l'instant, les chemins pourris plein de trous sont effacés sans bruits. Mais la suspension remonte jusqu'au bout et il faut regonfler tout les 30kms de environ 10psi.... Je vais démonter l'obus et injecter une goutte d'huile silicone à 1000cps.

Et monter à 350psi serait mieux je pense.

Le freinage est incroyable pour peu qu'on se mette en position assise vers l'arrière, ça freine mieux que ma dualtron mini...

Je ne comprends pas le réglage de vitesse de l'inclinaison, j'ai testé 3kmh mais impossible de me lancer alors j'ai laissé sur éteindre.

J'essaie d'être toujours détendu, de basculer le bassin vers l'avant pour accélérer plutôt que de me pencher, sur les conseils de pilotes chevronnés.

Je serre bien les talons et les mollets, ça commence à faire moins mal. Je me détends.

En revanche le dessous de mes pieds 😭😭😭, mais j' imagine que c'est le métier qui rentre.

J'ai reçu pas mal de critiques et mise garde pour le fait de commencer sur cette roue, mais le choix c'est fait naturellement en fonction de mon utilisation et finalement je ne regrette absolument pas !

Elle est parfaite pour mes trajets quotidiens et mon utilisation loisir.

Good ride

Please post in English here.

Google Translate:

Here are 100kms traveled on my first wheel that I already like.

I ride with elbow and forearm protectors, knee shins, gyroriderz gloves, ACERBIS flip helmet with sigma 700 headlamp and cosmo connected. Bodyboard leash attached to the bag.

I cruise at 30/35kmh, but I still have trouble keeping a steady speed. Suddenly it is felt on the autonomy, 30kms and I go down to 65%!

Scooter departures are finally managed at 80 % 😁. I didn't know any other wheels, impressive at first but I think it's not so high in the end, it's even top.

I always leave the trolley out on its first position to hold it in case and to get started, it helps me a lot.

Tight turns go very well, no problems with the tire but probably due to the pressure I put on it, 40psi. This tire is perfect for my use. He also received preventative slime.

My 90kgs fully equipped are suspended by 330psi, and even if I don't do offroad for the moment, the rotten paths full of holes are erased without noise. But the suspension goes up to the end and you have to re-inflate every 30km by about 10psi... I'm going to dismantle the shell and inject a drop of silicone oil at 1000cps.

And going up to 350psi would be better I think.

Braking is incredible as long as you sit in a rearward position, it brakes better than my dualtron mini...

I don't understand the incline speed setting, I tested 3kmh but couldn't get started so I left it on off.

I try to always be relaxed, tilting my pelvis forward to accelerate rather than leaning over, on the advice of experienced pilots.

I tighten the heels and calves well, it starts to hurt less. I am relaxing.

On the other hand the bottom of my feet 😭😭😭, but I imagine it's the job that comes in.

I received a lot of criticism and warnings about starting on this wheel, but the choice was made naturally according to my use and in the end I have absolutely no regrets!

It is perfect for my daily trips and my leisure use.

good ride

9 hours ago, Paul g said:

Why do all new riders want to buy troubled new wheels? :facepalm:

Well, my fist choce was the V12 HT, but it seems the T4 is better and does the same.... and when it comes the T4 the Master is pretty much the same just more powerful so that's how I decided I should get that.

BTW when it comes to that every wheel is troubled, the V12 had known issues too, same for V11 or S22 etc...

My only issue with the master is the lack of IP water resistance and the weak material.... but I ve wated for a "best wheel" for a year now, I wanted to wait till the V13, but it seems that wont be a wheel for me too (too heavy and bulky). 

In my city and country not many people has EUC so I might wont be able to sell it if I get a wheel just to practise. 

Got EWheels notification my very long preordered Master finally made it to port. I believe it’s v3. Anyone know what changes Begode made to the mobo on this version (beefed up fets, capacitors, etc.). EWheels hasn’t responded to my emails asking for this info. I’m concerned about the v2 mobo, knowing at least 2 fried and considering cancelling if v3 mobo isn’t improved. Thanks.

Edited by UtahRider

A thought occurred to me, since the Master is 2x2 parallel packs if anyone has to replace one pack how to balance the new pack against the old one? You can't simply plug and charge just one of them need 2 in parallel to even charge and they might be severely different voltage.

In my particular case @supercurio has a battery tester we can use for this but how are you supposed to do it if you don't have one?

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Rawnei said:

A thought occurred to me, since the Master is 2x2 parallel packs if anyone has to replace one pack how to balance the new pack against the old one? You can't simply plug and charge just one of them need 2 in parallel to even charge and they might be severely different voltage.

In my particular case @supercurio has a battery tester we can use for this but how are you supposed to do it if you don't have one?

I think it must be charged separately at half voltage using a variable voltage charger until is full, charge the other pack the same way, then charge the two good packs to full, and you are good.