Mango

3 hours ago, techyiam said:

Looking at pictures, I don't see a purpose built kick stand. I wonder whether the front and rear metal bumpers can double as a stand? Perhaps this is what @Unventor was referring to when he said Inmotion left out features.

True. These pictures are still by and large rendering, although they may be the final draft or at least very close to the final look. So, it's hard to judge what is included and what's not. I reckon, if the stand is not included we will end up doing what sherman owners do - dropping the thing to the front or to the back on those little bally knobs mounted on the brackets...

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, That Guy said:

6-digits - they appear on both sides!

Lefty/Righty Loosie/Goosie - That's how we unlock the wheelie.

Also you could repeat the buttons. :D I doubt that's the quick release thingy for batteries..? If you want more range - you could simply add "thicker" batteries. (The batteries have that casing, so in general you could add "thicker" battery enclosures.) 

• Haha 1

Can't be quick release for the batteries - there are clearly quite a few screw connection points on the battery panel in the battery video. If it is about battery, it may be a connection of the extra pack maybe? 

...or... as a crazy thought, is it a quick release of the wheel?...

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, That Guy said:

...or... as a crazy thought, is it a quick release of the wheel?...

Hey now.. Calm down a bit. That's right there is simply crazy talk. (Imagine while riding you hit that. And wheel goes away - you stay sitting on your case.) :D 

Doh under those "3 buttons" is the battery wires..

I think those are the "fingerprint scanners".  Both sides and 6 of them, in case while riding 140km/h you lose some fingers/hand. You got your backup fingers/hand. 

If that wheel has a screen. - Maybe those are the buttons for the screen.. (If they didn't want to use touchscreen.)

Edited by Funky
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, alcatraz said:

How can a motor that's clearly wound for speed compete with torque? By shoving an unprecedented amount of amps into it? How is that going to work? Board failures incoming? New motor cooling? At least they're pushing the envelope. 

Going with a 22" tire means it's not going to feel torquey anyway. Feels about the same as Abrams and Monster. They're not competing on zippiness. But when it comes to running out of torque at extreme situations, they announced 300 Nm of torque. Name the wheel that has a bigger number. 

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, mike_bike_kite said:

I like the lights placement but it's a bit of a shame they don't have any light to the side adding to the safety without any real cost. I don't really have a need for a 3000Wh wheel but, if I did, this does seem like a well thought out wheel.

Diy some christmas light around. :D If only now they could make something with 800-1000Hw. That charges in ~1hr. Would happily give 2 grand. If i ever need new wheel.

Edited by Funky

On 7/25/2022 at 3:24 AM, meepmeepmayer said:

The rear light looks mostly useless unless it is really bright. When will they ever learn...

I found this image of V13 back lights on YouTube. 

Screenshot_20220726-092109_YouTube.thumb.png.47242529e684f62c898f75d76ee0709b.png

Looks similar to V11 although with slightly less width. 

If they are using the same leds, it will be ok, not as good as the V11 but you can at least say they learnt something from the V11? 

Check it out here:

Edited by onizukagto
Add youtube link

52 minutes ago, Unventor said:

One of them yes. The argument was that vibration could make their current design release and they didn't want to risk that happening at high speed. One have to consider that it might be fine in the beginning but after a while the risk gets higher. 

Interesting thought processes. But you do know that every street legal motorcycle has a kick stand, center stand, or both. Both its top speed and vibration levels are higher than an euc. And kick stands do get old and fail. But it doesn't put the rider at risk. They just have to come up with a design that doesn't put the rider at risk.

1 hour ago, Unventor said:

When people say that Inmotion do not test enough, they do not know what Inmotion actually do before a product reveal and continuous development. 

What I am puzzled about is how did the design defect of the driver board in the V12 managed to get all the way into production. 

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Unventor said:

One of them yes. The argument was that vibration could make their current design release and they didn't want to risk that happening at high speed. One have to consider that it might be fine in the beginning but after a while the risk gets higher. 

But how they do in end release after feedback discussions I don't know what they chose to do. 

It was a 1.5-2 hour meeting so many things got covered. There are many things they have thought of and ides they listen to but in the end they are free to use any suggestions put forward to make the best product they can as I see it. When people say that Inmotion do not test enough, they do not know what Inmotion actually do before a product reveal and continuous development. 

@Unventor that V12 stand is a genius idea but lazy( or simply cheap ) engineering meant it was released on the market without a proper holder in the open and close positions-  like on any other bicycle or escooter. Only InMotion thought it can work if it is half done. Of course it didn’t. 

From a pure engineering point of view one could say the best part is no part, and therefore the best kickstand is no (conventional) kickstand- just lay it down on some cheap motorcycle crash guards mounts.

But because we want our wheels to stay in an upright position for an easier access to it, I think we all wish for a proper kickstand in our EUCs. The best EUC is gonna be made by a western EUC producer that we are all thirsty for. 

4 hours ago, Paul g said:

@Unventor that V12 stand is a genius idea but lazy( or simply cheap ) engineering meant it was released on the market without a proper holder in the open and close positions-  like on any other bicycle or escooter. Only InMotion thought it can work if it is half done. Of course it didn’t. 

From a pure engineering point of view one could say the best part is no part, and therefore the best kickstand is no (conventional) kickstand- just lay it down on some cheap motorcycle crash guards mounts.

But because we want our wheels to stay in an upright position for an easier access to it, I think we all wish for a proper kickstand in our EUCs. The best EUC is gonna be made by a western EUC producer that we are all thirsty for. 

Actually considering all the other options out there on other wheels I believe it to be the best so far in terms of fit and finish.  Granted its not the most stable but there are many things to be ironed out in terms of importance first.  As for it being rattle or vibration free, I’m surprised they don’t know about the 3d printed bracket on Huluj.  I installed it on my v11 and it not only locks it in place when not using it, but also locks a few degrees out from the wheel in the down position.  Great quality as its a solid piece and you can’t even tell the difference that its not stock.  

• Like 1

It seems the auto-deploying pedals thing is just speculation so not worth too much attention, but FWIW I think it'd be a killer feature (which I've been talking about for years) and which would be easy to do extremely robustly. I think people overestimate the risk of failure while vastly underestimating the potential QOL improvement.

(It's not like you'd need a motor moving the pedal up or down. Just have a magnet which holds the pedal up, and to release the pedals the magnet just gets moved a very little bit such that it can no longer hold the pedal causing them to release/fall. This could either be done with a robust electrical solenoid or could even be done with no electronics and just a simple sliding mechanism physically connected to a button/trigger at the top. Conversely you don't need anything for retraction as kicking the pedals up is still easy and satisfying.)

Edited by AtlasP
  • Like 3

14 hours ago, Wraith Rider said:

Actually considering all the other options out there on other wheels I believe it to be the best so far in terms of fit and finish.  Granted its not the most stable but there are many things to be ironed out in terms of importance first.  As for it being rattle or vibration free, I’m surprised they don’t know about the 3d printed bracket on Huluj.  I installed it on my v11 and it not only locks it in place when not using it, but also locks a few degrees out from the wheel in the down position.  Great quality as its a solid piece and you can’t even tell the difference that its not stock.  

I haven’t seen these until now, thanks! Made out of Aluminium I guesshttps://hulaj.market/en/inmotion-v11/162-improved-kickstand-holders-for-inmotion-v11-v12.html

Edited by Paul g

A simple combined bumper/kickstand would be so easy to design, hobbyists make them all the time by 3D printing, can't believe it's so hard for manufacturers to design one.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, AtlasP said:

It seems the auto-deploying pedals thing is just speculation so not worth too much attention

I agree, since the points 8 - 10 are simply speculations based on the photos, I see no value in them. And I have no idea why anyone would add their own speculations to a leaked photo like that.

Anyway, unless the suggested auto-deploying pedals had their own physical switch, they would be of no value to me. I usually walk the wheel for a short distance through a narrow doorway before stepping on, so opening the pedals at power-on wouldn't work. By the time I need them I have my gloves on, so a touch-screen or app button doesn't work either.

Another aspect is that in order for the pedals to drop down by only releasing a magnet, they'd have to be Gotway loose. The kind that rattles and depicts poor quality. Inmotion pedals  have so far been firm and tight with zero flopping about, and they open with a precisely designed adjustable resistance. I'd much rather have a firm feel without automatic opening than rattling pedals with auto opening.

31 minutes ago, widdershins said:

Asked a speaker about #9: this is just an electronically adjustable, non-air type shock (the Chinese term for trachea is basically just "air tube"). So from the sound of it probably a spring and a hydraulic cylinder with electrically actuated valves for adjusting the stiffness, rebound, etc.

In my understanding the only basis for the non-air shocks guess was that there are no air valves below the pedals. So the person who came up with this guess hasn't even seen the leaked patent applications for a single shock above the tire. A system which has already had it's second patent application for an improved link mechanism.

That's how meaningless these guesses are.

• Upvote 1

• Mango changed the title to Inmotion V13 Speculation