Mango

10 hours ago, Funky said:

I was buying it from walk in store. And 18xl was the "lightest" 18" wheel next to 18L :D ~4kg difference in weight was nothing to me. And yeah, i bought it also for safety. 280lbs rider.

Btw price difference where ~300$. 1550$/18L vs 1850$/18XL. It was no brainer to get 18XL.. (I think most would agree.. Even if you don't need range.) Also that moment they didn't have 18L in stock. I would have been pretty happy with 16s - but let's be real here, it literally would be to "small" for me. :D 

I agree, the 18XL is the better wheel for you. Not only is it in stock, it also offers more margins to protect against cutouts and cell abuse, and your battery packs may have a longer life because they are discharged less deep. Moreover, like you said, the additional weight and lost of agility are insignificant in your case. And you got a lot for the additional $300. Good points. In short, the 18XL was the better deal, and the better wheel for you. 

Edited by techyiam
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, supercurio said:

So if you have 84V battery and you're driving the motor at 45V to ride at 35 kph, you'll have lower losses than if you do the same from a 126V battery.

I remember Marty did a video testing the range on a 100V Nik+ (1800Wh) and comparing that to his 84V Nik 1600Wh. He got a range of 60 miles compared to 50 miles on his 84V 1600Wh wheel. That suggests the voltage doesn't make a difference, just the Wh. I'll admit it does defy your gut instinct on how the range should be effected. He also tends to ride all his wheels at around 35kmh. 

Edited by mike_bike_kite

Supposed features of V13.  See #9 - electronically adjustable suspension.  #10 electronically opening and closing pedals 

IMG_2492-COLLAGE.jpg

• Like 1

The wheel looks nice. It seems more manageable than I thought it would look.

Pics can be deceiving though. That wheel can be bigger than it looks.

Either way I am a tad more interested after seeing this.

I share the thoughts on the opening pedals. Makes me nervous as something else to possibly go wrong.

Fingerprint power button seems promising too. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, mike_bike_kite said:

I remember Marty did a video testing the range on a 100V Nik+ (1800Wh) and comparing that to his 84V Nik 1600Wh. He got a range of 60 miles compared to 50 miles on his 84V 1600Wh wheel. That suggests the voltage doesn't make a difference, just the Wh. I'll admit it does defy your gut instinct on how the range should be effected. He also tends to ride all his wheels at around 35kmh. 

Well, an increase in 12.5% battery capacity got you 20% increase in range. But there are two variables here, voltages and capacities. So how can you conclude that  voltage did not contribute to the increase in range?

If the battery capacities were the same, and the ranges were the same, then you could draw the conclusion that the system voltages have no effect.

More and more the V13 is seemingly targeting the "what the Sherman replacement should have been" wheel. 

The Abrams failed. The Sherman Max is an updated Sherman, but not the proper Sherman replacement. 

It doesn't look like the V13 is after the EX20S.

Edited by techyiam
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, Rawnei said:

Don't be silly, it's not mutually exclusive, it's not BMS adding weight, you can make a wheel with those features without it being upwards 50kg.

As a silly Commenter, I like to think we can certainly do all those features and keep it under 50kg.... ..

If we disregard material, logistical costs and target audience's budget. 

:rolleyes:

At the end of the day, you have to think about how to make a profit. 

If the market audience can't afford it, you just pissing ££££ down the bog hole. :roflmao:

18 minutes ago, techyiam said:

Well, an increase in 12.5% battery capacity got you 20% increase in range. But there are two variables here, voltages and capacities. So how can you conclude that  voltage did not contribute to the increase in range?

I was replying to someone who thought that a higher voltage would decrease the range of a wheel. I was simply showing a test of 2 similar wheels where one was 84V and the other was 100V. Both wheels were ridden identically. They actually got a better range using the higher voltage wheel. 

• Like 1

Electric pedal opening is something I had planned to mod for my Sherman. I’m excited to see Inmotion implement this idea into the V13. Just use a small solenoid to perform this task. it is neither expensive or difficult to achieve.

V13 looks so slim for a 3000wh class EUC. I’m predicting this wheel will be a bestseller.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Yeah it looks sexy and plain. Good smooth side for aftermarket pads. And 2 bars to add lights, gizmos, etc.. Or simply lift it with two hands.

But knowing v11/v12 problems, i would never buy the V13 right from start. I would wait at least 1 year till they "iron" out all problems.

Same thing i would do, if they would release something awesome in lightweight class, for short distance riding. Heck 800-1000Hw battery would be enough - if It's fast charger. If you can recharge 3000Hw in ~3hrs. You could fully charge that small wheel in 1hr. :D Now that i would love. I would gladly pay half of V13 price for that.

Could anybody speaking Chinese translate the "non-tracheal shock" part please? Obviously it's a mistranslation, but it have no idea what it is supposed to mean. The trachea is the tube you breathe through, between your mouth and lungs, for reference. Non-air shock? Oil shock (do these exist)? Electromagnetic shock (do these exist)?

The power button with fingerprint reader is very neat! Hopefully you can also use a passcode (for when wearing gloves) or turn it off altogether.

The handle is Begode-level improvised. But if it works...

The rear light looks mostly useless unless it is really bright. When will they ever learn...

The front light looks passable, but is not exactly V11-level sophisticated.

3 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Could anybody speaking Chinese translate the "non-tracheal shock" part please? Obviously it's a mistranslation, but it have no idea what it is supposed to mean. The trachea is the tube you breathe through, between your mouth and lungs, for reference. Non-air shock? Oil shock (do these exist)? Electromagnetic shock (do these exist)?

The power button with fingerprint reader is very neat! Hopefully you can also use a passcode (for when wearing gloves) or turn it off altogether.

The handle is Begode-level improvised. But if it works...

The rear light looks mostly useless unless it is really bright. When will they ever learn...

The front light looks passable, but is not exactly V11-level sophisticated.

Non-tube suspension. Whatever it means

8 hours ago, mike_bike_kite said:

I was replying to someone who thought that a higher voltage would decrease the range of a wheel. I was simply showing a test of 2 similar wheels where one was 84V and the other was 100V. Both wheels were ridden identically. They actually got a better range using the higher voltage wheel. 

But there was another variable, that of battery capacity, and it was larger, along with the higher voltage. That is a big deal, since larger capacity for the same load implies lower xC discharge rate, which translates to more range per unit charge discharged. This could be enough to offset the lower efficiency of higher voltage, should that be the case. I am not saying that it is, but you have not shown that higher voltage is not less efficient, IMO. Having said that, pwm DC-to-DC step down converters can very efficient. 

Edited by techyiam

Good battery size for safety. 

I wonder if the electronic shocks also control the pedals somehow so that even if it's a useless (dangerous) feature, it's like a 2-for-1 free deal.

That one handed handle, I wonder how long that will last going up stairs. 

How can a motor that's clearly wound for speed compete with torque? By shoving an unprecedented amount of amps into it? How is that going to work? Board failures incoming? New motor cooling? At least they're pushing the envelope. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, alcatraz said:

How can a motor that's clearly wound for speed compete with torque? By shoving an unprecedented amount of amps into it? How is that going to work? Board failures incoming? New motor cooling?

The V12 board replacement program must have been a heavy price to pay, financially, as well as the loss in reputation, and sales. They are still reeling back from that. They deliberately took the large current route in the V13, so they are fully aware what they are facing. Based on my experience with the V12 new replacement board, I would say, they are showing that they are capable.

No doubt, the wait sucked, but in the end, they did not just give us just a revised board, but rather an upgraded one. The motor runs more refined and smooth. Torque is great. Power is great. Unlike, Kingsong, who attempted a fix, which relied on firmware to restrict current draw at low speeds. Night and day differences in resolution. However, Inmotion would have had to spend a pretty penny for that. I look forward to the V13.

Edited by techyiam
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, alcatraz said:

At least they're pushing the envelope.

Which is a good thing from a medium term POV. This would allow them to catch up, and and even surpass Begode in the not too distance future. There is a battle being raged right now. Kingsong took the first shot, and the gun backfired. Kingsong appears to be out of contention since. I hope that Kingsong can get back on its feet soon.

Edited by techyiam
  • Like 1

Looking at pictures, I don't see a purpose built kick stand. I wonder whether the front and rear metal bumpers can double as a stand? Perhaps this is what @Unventor was referring to when he said Inmotion left out features.

Edited by techyiam

• Mango changed the title to Inmotion V13 Speculation