Mango

4 hours ago, yoos said:

By the way, are there any estimates for motor weight?

They announced it, it’s 17.4 kg.

4 hours ago, Funky said:

Motor alone being 22" will weight maybe ~15-18kg. (More power - more copper - more weight.)

pretty good guess haha, and it is indeed on the heavier side.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, techyiam said:

If everyone stops pre-ordering and explains why on Facebook or this forum, or any other form of social media that the manufacturers follow, we may have a chance to make changes in our favor. 

FrenchUSA said he won't be preordering the V13 because of his bad experience with the S20/22, and his lack of trust Inmotion due to the V12 driver related defect in his YouTube video. But this only one person. With enough people, it may make a difference. 

Count me as 2 people who swore off preorders due to same reasons FrenchUSA cites. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

17 hours ago, techyiam said:

If everyone stops pre-ordering and explains why on Facebook or this forum, or any other form of social media that the manufacturers follow, we may have a chance to make changes in our favor. 

FrenchUSA said he won't be preordering the V13 because of his bad experience with the S20/22, and his lack of trust Inmotion due to the V12 driver board related defect in his YouTube video. But this only one person. With enough people, it may make a difference. 

What is more funny is how the tide has changed. Now the GotWay has tons of sells in the US where the eWheels fits them the LiTech package, and inspire more trust then InMotion and KingSong. Wish I had the LiTech option.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

On 7/20/2022 at 11:38 PM, Paul g said:

What is more funny is how the tide has changed. Now the GotWay has tons of sells in the US where the eWheels fits them the LiTech package, and inspire more trust then InMotion and KingSong. Wish I had the LiTech option.

The eWheels version of the Master came to being through the cumulation of efforts of two or more parties. Credit goes to Begode for coming out with the Master in the first place, which has desirable specs. The level of quality has improved, but they still take short cuts. Thanks to eWheel's fine reputation, and for bringing the LiTech battery packs to the Master, which helped elevating the trust in the Master. Additionally, some are really sold on the Master after they are modded with ClarkPads products.

As for Inmotion and Kingsong, the lost in trust in their products has more to do with their own failues, rather than what Begode did. In the case of Kingsong, it was in the execution of the S22, and for Inmotion, it was the lengthy delay in getting early batch issues resolved for the V12. 

In short, the turnaround for Begode pertaining to trust has more to do with luck than any Herculean effort by Begode.

Edited by techyiam
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, techyiam said:

In short, the turnaround for Begode pertaining to trust has more to do with luck than any Herculean effort by Begode.

If some get busted, others get trusted.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, techyiam said:

The eWheels version of the Master came to being through the cumulation of efforts of two or more parties. Credit goes to Begode for coming out with the Master in the first place, which has desirable specs. The level of quality has improved, but they still take short cuts. Thanks to eWheel's fine reputation, and for bringing the LiTech battery packs to the Master, which helped elevating the trust in the Master. Additionally, some are really sold on the Master after they are modded with ClarkPads products.

As for Inmotion and Kingsong, the lost in trust in their own products has more to do with their own failues than what Begode did. In the case of Kingsong, it was in the execution of the S22, and for Inmotion, it was the lengthy delay in getting early batch issues resolved for the V12. 

I'm no expert in this but I've also heard that some credit can go to the fact that Begode keeps the balancing algorithm simple.  I saw in a post that begodes algorithm is "lean=go".  This is different from kingsong who throttle power to protect electronics or inmotion who seem to have protections come in at lower states of charge.  Wrongway noticed that his v12HT would have issues only below 60% battery.

I think Begode just let's riders cutout or burn up their board.   They keep it simple. They dont spend any money or effort on waterproofing.  They just give you a bunch of beefy mosfets and a powerful motor and hope that the battery can keep up.

I wonder if it's easier for Begode to translate what they do at 100v to a 134v wheel, than it is for inmotion and Kingsong to translate what they do at 84v to 126v now.

• Like 1

Is this the most recent post (so that we will see the new info about V13 on Saturday the 23rd of July)? If it's from InMotion, why are they still calling it Challenger? Or was the previous info about the name change not official?

You can tell InMotion are very nervous about this launch... Come on, InMotion, don't worry too much about the marketing - focus on the wheel. We, well, some of us, will consume it and love it for many years if it is engineered and built without cutting corners! ;-) 

(The 11 August was also mentioned in the first video, so that's promising. :-))

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, That Guy said:

Is this the most recent post (so that we will see the new info about V13 on Saturday the 23rd of July)? If it's from InMotion, why are they still calling it Challenger? Or was the previous info about the name change not official?

You can tell InMotion are very nervous about this launch... Come on, InMotion, don't worry too much about the marketing - focus on the wheel. We, well, some of us, will consume it and love it for many years if it is engineered and built without cutting corners! ;-) 

(The 11 August was also mentioned in the first video, so that's promising. :-))

Yes this was posted today. So the next video is this Saturday. 
re the name, maybe the one who posted this didn’t get the memo 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 7/20/2022 at 7:37 PM, sunstrong said:

pretty good guess haha, and it is indeed on the heavier side.

You don't need to guess anything. Just check aground, compare other wheels and simply think how much could it be.. Same thing about weight and price.

This wheel is the fastest, most powerful motor. - So it also should have one of the biggest batteries. (What we got now 3600WH?) So that wheel should have at least 4000WH battery. If most heavy wheels now weight ~35-40kg. Motor, case, batteries. It will weight 45-50kg. It's not a guessing game. V13 will weight over 40kg easy. Same thing about price, if most "big" wheels cost 3500-4000$. V13 will cost 4000$++ So around 4000-4500$.. If not more.

It's simply DISGUSTING! -Fuck heavy wheels. :pooping:

816358980585ed33c0862e959eb258f7_w200.gi

Edited by Funky

24 minutes ago, Funky said:

You don't need to guess anything. Just check aground, compare other wheels and simply think how much could it be.. Same thing about weight and price.

This wheel is the fastest, most powerful motor. - So it also should have one of the biggest batteries. (What we got now 3600WH?) So that wheel should have at least 4000WH battery. If most heavy wheels now weight ~35-40kg. Motor, case, batteries. It will weight 45-50kg. It's not a guessing game. V13 will weight over 40kg easy. Same thing about price, if most "big" wheels cost 3500-4000$. V13 will cost 4000$++ So around 4000-4500$.. If not more.

I want solid state batteries ! You can fully charge a car in 15 minutes that is the future for euc’s !

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Funky said:

I think your guesses are reasonable. I’m not interested in heavy wheels that go as fast as cars on streets. But I have nothing against those who want wheels like that.

• Like 1

I hope V13 weighs 40kg (which is about the weight of Sherman Max) or maximum a couple of kg above that. Then, with the heavy motor and low placement of batteries it will have a nicely low centre of gravity. I hope it will be the case as my daily commute combines roads, pavement and public spaces.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, That Guy said:

I hope V13 weighs 40kg (which is about the weight of Sherman Max) or maximum a couple of kg above that. Then, with the heavy motor and low placement of batteries it will have a nicely low centre of gravity. I hope it will be the case as my daily commute combines roads, pavement and public spaces.

According to madpack, you may be in luck. He hinted that the battery packs may be modular in the V13. And hence, one can tailor his or her V13 to be lighter, and thus shorter range, or vice versa. Here is that video that talks about it. Time-stamped. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, techyiam said:

According to madpack, you may be in luck. He hinted that the battery packs may be modular in the V13. And hence, one can tailor his or her V13 to be lighter, and thus shorter range, or vice versa. Here is that video that talks about it. Time-stamped. 

According to my contact at Inmotion Madpack has no actual actionable specifications on the V13. Inmotion are not even sharing it with distributors yet.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Brendan "nog3" Halliday said:

According to my contact at Inmotion Madpack has no actual actionable specifications on the V13. Inmotion are not even sharing it with distributors yet.

Yours is a fair statement. Thank you for sharing what you learnt from your contact at Inmotion, very helpful.

Madpack did qualify that his working theory is largely speculative, based on what he learnt during his V12 beta testing experience. But he did mislead us with his 34 kg assertion. 

Edited by techyiam

2 hours ago, techyiam said:

But he did mislead us with his 34 kg assertion. 

…unless of course, he didn’t?… :-)

Three more weeks and we’ll see… 

Edited by That Guy

8 minutes ago, That Guy said:

…unless of course, he didn’t?… :-)

Three more weeks and we’ll see… 

Hmmm. The plot thickens. 

According to the contents of @Brendan "nog3" Halliday latest post, not even dealers nor distributors would know the specs of the V13.

In order for madpack not to mislead us, he would have to guess right, or got the info through other channels. 

3 more weeks it is.

Edited by techyiam

13 hours ago, Dosingpsychedelics said:

I want solid state batteries ! You can fully charge a car in 15 minutes that is the future for euc’s !

WE all want them..

13 hours ago, 360rumors said:

I think your guesses are reasonable. I’m not interested in heavy wheels that go as fast as cars on streets. But I have nothing against those who want wheels like that.

Yeah in my eyes they are simply useless product. (In my eyes..) I just hate that companies just make more and more heavy wheels. (I know people like range - only way to get it is with heavy wheels.)

They would be better of making light as possible. With exchangeable or fast rechargeable batteries.

Imagine they would make something new like 16s/18xl - but with all bells and whistles. (Real smart bms, maybe suspension, bigger clearance - for bigger tires, screen, real waterproofed wheel, fast disconnect batteries or something, good headlight.

Tell me which would be more eye catching and people really wanted to buy? Any of the heavy wheels.. Or this thing. It's not a secret that "light" wheels sell more.. Because they are cheaper and light.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, UniVehje said:

:dribble:

I just did 90 km on my 16X riding as fast as felt good. Very few need more range or speed. But all the time riding I was just thinking that I wished I had suspension. V12 (when finalised) is already an amazing wheel with all the bells and whistles you need. Just design a new frame to support suspension and you could reuse everything else. A 16x3" suspension wheel is missing from the market. It would sell very well. 

If they add suspension to the V12, and made it better, I would be interested to replace my V12 with it.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

For me, suspension is the only mandatory requirement for all my future wheels. If a wheel doesn’t have suspension, no matter what the specs are, I’m just not interested. Hence, I really hope the V13 will have a well engineered suspension that’s light, simple and with a high quality compression/rebound air shock. Weight becomes less of an issue if it has a good working and well balanced suspension system. I’ll then buy it even if it’s top speed is only 60 mph.

• Like 3

• Mango changed the title to Inmotion V13 Speculation