Mango

Kind of douses the fire of the wheel that they are reviewing, but it is very interesting. I hope this is not the high price offering that was discussed in the past and is a step forward with performance at the normal price point.

Edited by gon2fast
proof reading D-
  • Like 2

I forget which video it was but I recall it was with euco and just before the V11 was released. The CEO outlined a product path and mentioned a “hyper” wheel not for consumer market but for the professional market to showcase the latest and greatest performance technology that would then trickle down to the InMotion lineup. 

They also hinted at a wheel most powerful in their lineup to compete with Sherman type but not being more than Sherman capacity. I think that was the V12. Then he for sure mentioned V5 getting the new design language.

Fast forward to 2022 … big 76lbs wheel are all the rage and some reaching 100lbs. So what’s the V13 speculation?

I am thinking it’s going to be suspension wheel but what type of suspension design? Will they come up with something more original or license what seems to be working for Kingsong and Begode. I think it’s gonna be 20” tire. Exactly like S20 but with InMotion firmware and some class leading safety features. They should call it V20 :) 

Hopefully they still make an updated small wheel like V5 but with fun trick durability and axle thats fun for adults and kids! 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Kekafuch said:

professional market

Hm, so for gig economy delivery guys. Its the only people I know that use EUCs for actual work.
I doubt they have the means to buy premium equipment.

Probably they just mean it's going to be an expensive wheel.

16 minutes ago, div said:

Hm, so for gig economy delivery guys. Its the only people I know that use EUCs for actual work.
I doubt they have the means to buy premium equipment.

Probably they just mean it's going to be an expensive wheel.

I think they meant like ultimate price tag and professional as in they would still need to approve the lease of this unit and it might be attached caveats. I kind of think it’s meant to attend trade shows, racing events, showcase buzz online etc. They actually listed a price like $20,000. I forget the exact details as it was captioned. 

Edited by Kekafuch
  • Like 1

Disclaimer: all of the below is my pure speculation and I have no inside information whatsoever, I am just reading and watching the same stuff as everybody else and dream!... :)

Ok, let's do some serious speculation!  ;) My guess that InMotion, feeling that they may be falling behind the accelerating competition, might have decided to make a rather dramatic step up in the EUC evolution.

IF what we hear or think we hear is:

1. InMotion are about to present a wheel that may surprise many,

2. It will be something no one else has ever done before (and it sounds scary for some who doesn't like riding at high speed),

3. Its name is likely to be V1300,

4. It will target advanced riders,

5. The wheel will be a "not-like-InMotion" move,

6. The wheel may be a combination of V11 and V12...

THEN my (complete and entire) guess is:

1. It will be a 60mph (100kph) wheel,

2. It will be 130V (or higher),

3. It is likely to be heavy and large (but lighter than Abrams because of the energy density of higher operating voltage),

4. It will have suspension,

5. It is likely to be 22",

6. It will have all of the usual gimmicks matching the competition (auto-lights, good display, strong front and back lights, etc) but won't have speakers or RGB...

7. ...And it even may have an exoskeleton (just to step on LeaperKim's toe)...

Thoughts? :popcorn:

• Like 3

2 hours ago, That Guy said:

Disclaimer: all of the below is my pure speculation and I have no inside information whatsoever, I am just reading and watching the same stuff as everybody else and dream!... :)

Ok, let's do some serious speculation!  ;) My guess that InMotion, feeling that they may be falling behind the accelerating competition, might have decided to make a rather dramatic step up in the EUC evolution.

IF what we hear or think we hear is:

1. InMotion are about to present a wheel that may surprise many,

2. It will be something no one else has ever done before (and it sounds scary for some who doesn't like riding at high speed),

3. Its name is likely to be V1300,

4. It will target advanced riders,

5. The wheel will be a "not-like-InMotion" move,

6. The wheel may be a combination of V11 and V12...

THEN my (complete and entire) guess is:

1. It will be a 60mph (100kph) wheel,

2. It will be 130V (or higher),

3. It is likely to be heavy and large (but lighter than Abrams because of the energy density of higher operating voltage),

4. It will have suspension,

5. It is likely to be 22",

6. It will have all of the usual gimmicks matching the competition (auto-lights, good display, strong front and back lights, etc) but won't have speakers or RGB...

7. ...And it even may have an exoskeleton (just to step on LeaperKim's toe)...

Thoughts? :popcorn:

The CEO interview , the interviewer kind of hyped things up cause Sherman was the standard back then.  Most powerful, biggest battery … going against Sherman. Everyone would assume its gonna be bigger than the Sherman.

What we got was the V12. biggest battery in InMotion wheels and most powerful motor in their lineup. 

If the V13 is going for Performance, then there alot of things it can be. V12 is fast enough but it doesn’t exactly get to that speed in a stable sense. Also not enough torque. Not enough range for a flagship. 

InMotion CEO hinted at AI and advanced firmware features. it would be fun to speculate what these can possibly be.

• Like 1

I’m going to throw in my prediction of what the V13 feature set will be. It’ll be interesting to see how close I come, just based on what the market wants and want Inmotion thinks we want.

1. Suspension, full body (ala S18, S20, Hero)

2. 2400 wh battery, 3000 watt motor

3. 100v, 126v unlikely

4. 15-20amp fast charging, gx plugs

5. 18” H-666 wheel, 70km/h top riding speed

6. V11-style headlamps, touchscreen

7. Fan-less design

8. Simplified modular design eg. easy tire changes.

126v and modular design ala Abrams will make the V13 a killer wheel.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mango said:

I’m going to throw in my prediction of what the V13 feature set will be. It’ll be interesting to see how close I come, just based on what the market wants and want Inmotion thinks we want.

1. Suspension, full body (ala S18, S20, Hero)

2. 2400 wh battery, 3000 watt motor

3. 100v, 126v unlikely

4. 15-20amp fast charging, gx plugs

5. 18” H-666 wheel, 70km/h top riding speed

6. V11-style headlamps, touchscreen

7. Fan-less design

8. Simplified modular design eg. easy tire changes.

126v and modular design ala Abrams will make the V13 a killer wheel.

Believable and expected, but where is the “punch line”? I mean, all of these are already already in production. What then would be there that the eevees guys after their chat with InMotion’s CEO called “huge step up”, “never done before”, “scary” and “not like InMotion”?

Besides, I suspect InMotion may continue with the V11’s suspension type rather than switching to the full-body (which adds much more weight).

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
17 hours ago, Paradox said:

Sounds like you want something like a V10F.

Personally I'd be very happy if InMotion's next wheel was some kind of "Deluxe V10F", whatever that would be. A strong headlight, improved water proofing, stuff like that. A reliable wheel somewhere around V8F-V10F in performance, below 20kg. I recently switched from V8F to V10 and the weight difference is bothering me. No way I'm ever getting anything heavier than that. No clue if a new wheel in this segment makes sense from a market perspective, though...

• Upvote 1

I predict they will stay withe the V11 suspension style. The KS suspension may be superior in theory because it has less unsprung mass, but in practice the difference is just a couple kilograms, even with a big 1800Wh battery. It will be barely noticeable on the road, especially for heavier riders, and in practice the greater simplicity and compactness of the Inmotion suspension are great advantages. That sticking out linkage system and damper of the KS wheels always seem very vulnerable in caase of a crash and tumble.

• Like 2

I am afraid I will have to let V13 pass for one reason. I live in a very hilly area and cannot have a wheel with much less torque than KS16X. Even InMotion's V12 has less torque than 16x. The future V13, speculatively being a larger wheel (my prediction 22"), is unlikely to have even V12's torque...

If one wants to predict the future they need only look at history.

The V11 and successive V12 launches were a bit confusing to many people because they didn't form a cohesive narrative, rather they represented two possible/divergent futures from IM (either they could focus on suspension sticking with 84v speeds, or they could focus on 100v speeds instead of suspension) which were developed in tandem/completely independent of one another--at a time when IM didn't know if either would become product viable--and in the end the development of both were successful and both were released (each as if the other didn't exist).

The obvious next step would be their first product developed with the knowledge/experience from the overwhelming success of both the V11 and V12, or a lovechild between the two. If that's all that happens I would be ecstatic. (And before people talk themselves into whatever circles they invent involving unicorns and rainbows, they should keep in mind that this would be the simplest, most straightforward answer.)

The big question up in the air is regarding the IM CEO's longstanding talk of a crazy high-end luxury wheel, and eevee's comments regarding their supposed insider info there. Although it's not clear to me how knowledgeable eevee really is--one could envision a scenario where eevee is reporting what they heard from the IM CEO at face value without realizing how the CEO often has his head in the clouds. The reality could very well be a V11 + V12 just with all the bells and whistles and maybe taking speed and/or range up another notch and/or maybe one random new feature out of left field (which is maybe revolutionary, or maybe just wow-factor/marketing fluff).

Edited by AtlasP
  • Like 3

• Mango changed the title to Inmotion V13 Speculation