Mango

It all looks good but I think it will be a very heavy and not so nimble wheel, long range cruising sure but not very playful otherwise.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

To big, to much range, to heavy battery..

Jokes aside build wise battery looks amazing! My guess about having 4000+WH was right. 1 pack being ~3000WH that's right there is 6000WH battery. So now knowing battery, i'm saying it will weight 45kg. 48kg with suspension. Enjoy..

Edited by Funky

48 minutes ago, Scoo said:

So they are going with 18650 cells.

30s8p = 240 cells with 12,6 wh.

3024/30/8 = 12.6wh

The video has 120 cells on one side which mean 240 total.

Ah yes in the video we can count 120 cells per packs so 240 total.
So we can infer that it could end up being Samsung 35E, Sanyo 18650 GA cells or similar.

Based on this video info, it'll have essentially the same battery capacity and power as an OG Veteran Sherman.

Nothing terrible bad, but kind of disappointed with the hard to explain choice to go for 18650 cells instead of high drain 21700 cells like readily available Samsung 40T (14.2 Wh measured capacity instead of 12.6Wh).
I guess they prioritized thinness of the body and shaving a few mm in width using smaller cylindrical cells.

Given the torque and max speed targets, the battery sag will be significant.

Edited by supercurio
  • Upvote 2

Euc riders main complaint: When will we get a smart bms with individual cell monitoring, three-way communication and gazillion safety features? 

InMotion: I hear your fam. 

EUC riders after the battery video:

*ignores the real smart bms tech*

Too heavy! Not enough batteries!  *rabble rabble* :roflmao:

But on a serious note, smart bms looks great, if they actually show crash / battery failure test with these features working in a video format, I'll be gobsmacked at the ball-slapping confidence to the competition. Lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

The battery being waterproof and filled with some goop is nice. I think all these "protection" mechanisms are a bit overkill, but why not.

3024Wh is almost a bit disappointing, but what else could we realistically expect. And it's a decent battery size to be disappointed about if you think about it. Keeps the price reasonable (hopefully). But it doesn't have the all important "best specs" now. I wonder if that is a negative for the type of rider who buys such a wheel (Monster Pro and Abrams buyers). Well, they can always do a V13F later (4440Wh with 21700 cells instead).

4 hours ago, supercurio said:

Nothing terrible bad, but kind of disappointed with the hard to explain choice to go for 18650 cells instead of high drain 21700 cells like readily available Samsung 40T (14.2 Wh measured capacity instead of 12.6Wh).
I guess they prioritized thinness of the body and shaving a few mm in width using smaller cylindrical cells.

It's either supply constraints, or the good old "doing something dumb for no good reason";) I don't think a 6mm wider wheel is an argument for changing cells.

Edited by meepmeepmayer
  • Upvote 3

56 minutes ago, onizukagto said:

Euc riders main complaint: When will we get a smart bms with individual cell monitoring, three-way communication and gazillion safety features? 

InMotion: I hear your fam. 

EUC riders after the battery video:

*ignores the real smart bms tech*

Too heavy! Not enough batteries!  *rabble rabble* :roflmao:

But on a serious note, smart bms looks great, if they actually show crash / battery failure test with these features working in a video format, I'll be gobsmacked at the ball-slapping confidence to the competition. Lol

Don't be silly, it's not mutually exclusive, it's not BMS adding weight, you can make a wheel with those features without it being upwards 50kg.

38 minutes ago, chanman said:

There's nothing inherently lower risk of fire with 18650 cells.

ok - then there's just more fires with 21700 cells .... but that is all Begode's fault?  Isn't true, that 21700 cells get hotter while charging?

Edited by Robse

11 minutes ago, Robse said:

ok - then there's just more fires with 21700 cells .... but that is all Begode's fault?  Isn't true, that 21700 cells get hotter while charging?

Most wheels that is sold has 21700 cells now. They do have a lot more cells also which is more risk of issues. 18650 has same chemistry so in that sence there should not be an increased risk with 21700. I would say that you need to build the pack safer the bigger pack you have.

I would say that EUC:s in general charges at low ampere compared to what they can handle which do not heat the cells. 

3 hours ago, Scoo said:

So they are going with 18650 cells.

30s8p = 240 cells with 12,6 wh.

3024/30/8 = 12.6wh

The video has 120 cells on one side which mean 240 total.

So approx 11.5 kg, we know the weight of cells + motor + 90-90-17(22") tire = 32 kg  ^_^

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Bizra6ot said:

So approx 11.5 kg, we know the weight of cells + motor + 90-90-17(22") tire = 32 kg  ^_^

Dam 32kg and it all is holded together by euc riders hopes and dreams. :D 

Add at least 10kg for "body". Still calling it will weight ~45kg.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Robse said:

Isn't true, that 21700 cells get hotter while charging

Largely no, at least to the point where this would matter. That's just a function of current being put in each cell and cell internal resistance anyway. If you use a low IR 21700 cell like the samsung 40T, you can put a lot of current in (and out) with less heat. If you want to say (specific 21700 cell X) has more fires than (specific 18650 cell Y) you can do that, but rarely is the cell type the important factor there, and generalizing to 21700 vs 18650 when these are just sizes that don't actually give relevant information about the cell is oversimplifying things.

Edited by chanman
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Funky said:

2x packs doh.. It's the biggest battery in market now sitting at 6048Wh.

Sorry, but it's 3024Wh for both packs. The video shows 120 cells in a pack, and 240 cells give you 3024Wh (actually "3200" like the og Sherman, but they either do their math differently or it's slightly lower capacity cells).

Should keep the price and weight (~12kg for just the cells) down, though.

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 3

The batteries are integrated into the side panels. Perhaps a modular design making it easy to swap out panels of different capacities to  tailor V13 to your preference. Sometimes I might want a 1500 wh capacity for riding casually, and then switch to a 6048 wh version for long-distance spirited riding.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Sorry, but it's 3024Wh for both packs. The video shows 120 cells in a pack, and 240 cells give you 3024Wh (actually "3200" like the og Sherman, but they either do their math differently or it's slightly lower capacity cells).

Should keep the price and weight (~12kg for just the cells) down, though.

:D My understanding was for 1 pack ~3000Wh.

Oh well.. It won't be a "long range" cruiser then for sure. Whit that 126v motor - deadbeat product. Sorry not sorry. (At least they are improving the batteries, that's a plus.) Can't wait when they will improve lighter wheels with that. :) 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, jimjam.nyc said:

I would even possibly pay for a v12 upgrade with these bms and battery changes a year down the road. 

I know it's a long shot, but I hope inmotion looks to update their v12 model with some of these changes.

Maybe cost prohibitive. I saw one seller on www.aliexpress.com already asking approximately US$2000 for the two oem battery packs for the V12.

Perhaps they can update the V12 with the upgraded battery packs, along with a suspension.

11 hours ago, jimjam.nyc said:

I really hope they don't run into similar issues with quality they have had on later v11s and v12s.

Me too.

Edited by techyiam

• Mango changed the title to Inmotion V13 Speculation