Mango

2 hours ago, mrelwood said:

To me it looked awfully tiny as well, but the 16" rim is what throws me off since I'm so used to looking at wheels with 14" rims. It's a huge wheel.

How do you know the rim is 16" and not 17"?  The reason I asked is because the Abrams uses a 17" rim and 22" tire. 

4 hours ago, mrelwood said:

Actually, here's an updated model where the air shock body measures are taken from a KS A5 Rr1 125mm Air Shock. The length remains the same.

I’ve heard the v13 is going to utilize and electromagnetic shock has anyone else heard that ?

2 hours ago, techyiam said:

How do you know the rim is 16" and not 17"?  The reason I asked is because the Abrams uses a 17" rim and 22" tire. 

Good point, it could well be. That would actually make the shock in my mockup too large. 😁

23 minutes ago, Dosingpsychedelics said:

I’ve heard the v13 is going to utilize and electromagnetic shock has anyone else heard that ?

It was a rumor started by a single person who thought that the shocks would still be narrow vertical ones like on the V11. They had probably not seen the Inmotion patent applications. It seems to be a completely fictional rumor based on rather little knowledge.

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

It was a rumor started by a single person who thought that the shocks would still be narrow vertical ones like on the V11. They had probably not seen the Inmotion patent applications. It seems to be a completely fictional rumor based on rather little knowledge. 

I think it wouldn’t be completely impossible to have something as radical as electronic/adaptive suspension in the future EUC’s. After all those patents may be for V14 anyway?… :-)

1 hour ago, mrelwood said:

That would actually make the shock in my mockup too large.

I use the tire to for scaling. A quarter of the tire diameter is about 5.5". Using this scale, I find your shock too small.

5 hours ago, AtlasP said:

I remember multiple mentions/rumors of there being two distinct variations of this wheel, but obviously no mention of what would be the differentiator.

Clearly suspension would be an obvious one (one with, one without)--in which case, the currently shown images may be from the suspension-less version (keeping their cards close to their chest and only showing the version that corroborates what has already been revealed so far about tire/motor size and battery system), and the version with suspension could have different case geometry around the top/back of the shell to make more room for the suspension. (Otherwise could be designed to use the same motor/board/batteries.)

(The other likely contender for version differentiation would be battery size, although with how definitively they stated that "this is the battery size" for the V13 in the last video, this seems less likely to me in this instance.)

I think thats been put to bed.  The leaks and announsments  have me convinced that there is one version.  It has suspension and a 3024wh battery.  

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Dosingpsychedelics said:

I hear it's going to be able to ride on water like a Jetski 🚤😎

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, AtlasP said:

I remember multiple mentions/rumors of there being two distinct variations of this wheel, but obviously no mention of what would be the differentiator.

Clearly suspension would be an obvious one (one with, one without)--in which case, the currently shown images may be from the suspension-less version (keeping their cards close to their chest and only showing the version that corroborates what has already been revealed so far about tire/motor size and battery system), and the version with suspension could have different case geometry around the top/back of the shell to make more room for the suspension. (Otherwise could be designed to use the same motor/board/batteries.)

(The other likely contender for version differentiation would be battery size, although with how definitively they stated that "this is the battery size" for the V13 in the last video, this seems less likely to me in this instance.)

Going by the one image that has been floating around for a while, it's suspension vs. no suspension.

Left: no suspension, right: with suspension. The recent images seem to show the one with suspension (strange stuff in the central pillar, seems more than just a simple pedal hanger).

That's the best interpretation I can give.

1344056928_Annotation2022-07-08091636.jp

I don't see different battery sizes coming (for now). Had they announced 2220Wh, one could believe in a 4440Wh "big and badass" version to satisfy the spec people. But the 3024Wh is right in the middle, where a bigger or smaller battery size seems to make less sense, and their choice of 18650s might indicate they want an 8p battery, which can't be had smaller (and again, except for later switching to 21700s for 4440Wh, I see little point in offering a marginally bigger battery (like 10p = 3780Wh) now).

Anyways, I'm just speculating here. 9 days till we know.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, techyiam said:

Notice the pedal height is about the same, even though the suspension wheel is unladen, and therefore, fully extended. 

Maybe it's pictured with the suspension fully compressed. I don't even know where that picture is originally from, could be from anyone, with any kind of wrong or correct details.

My logic is: the right side looks like it has more mysterious parts, so that must be the suspension one. That's all;) It also matches the "What exactly is that?" things we see in the official videos. We'll see more on the 2nd I guess.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Maybe it's pictured with the suspension fully compressed. I don't even know where that picture is originally from, could be from anyone, with any kind of wrong or correct details.

My logic is: the right side looks like it has more mysterious parts, so that must be the suspension one. That's all;) It also matches the "What exactly is that?" things we see in the official videos. We'll see more on the 2nd I guess.

I think we have to wait. Inmotion did too good a job suppressing leaks.

11 hours ago, techyiam said:

I use the tire to for scaling. A quarter of the tire diameter is about 5.5". Using this scale, I find your shock too small.

So, how large a shock would you like me to cram in there? 😆

6 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

So, how large a shock would you like me to cram in there? 😆

All this is just academic. We don't have useful data to work with. And the V13 will be released so soon.

But to answer your question, none. No useful shock will fit in that space. It looks we have a difference in opinion on something that will have no relevance once the V13 is released. 

I do hope the weight won't be heavier than the Abrams. I think it is possible since Inmotion does not appear to be using steel for their metal parts, whereas Abrams does.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, techyiam said:

All this is just academic. We don't have useful data to work with. And the V13 will be released so soon.

But to answer your question, none. No useful shock will fit in that space. It looks we have a difference in opinion on something that will have no relevance once the V13 is released. 

I do hope the weight won't be heavier than the Abrams. I think it is possible since Inmotion does not appear to be using steel for their metal parts, whereas Abrams does.

What if inmotion uses this suspension design instead?  Would this fit with a decent size shock?

Screenshot_20211219-193248_Instagram.thumb.jpg.756f7a463ddfead5ebcb5d33832173dd.jpg.536dce33b2aa11f444462032b2d60081.jpg

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, wstuart said:

What if inmotion uses this suspension design instead?  Would this fit with a decent size shock?

Screenshot_20211219-193248_Instagram.thumb.jpg.756f7a463ddfead5ebcb5d33832173dd.jpg.536dce33b2aa11f444462032b2d60081.jpg

More likely. But the fundamental issue here is that we don't have actual images of the V13 exterior. Those patent application images can be misleading. We really don't have anything useful to work with. And the V13 will be released soon in any case.

• RagingGrandpa changed the title to Inmotion V13 pre-release speculation
1 hour ago, RagingGrandpa said:

Megathreads are bad... I see extra trouble coming since this thread began with pure speculation (before any details of the V13 were announced or confirmed), so Page 1 has a very misleading appearance.

We'll restore the original title.

My personal opinion is that we should make a new topic once Inmo makes an official announcement of the V13 specification, which seems expected on August 11. 
What is the opinion of the group? Comments appreciated

I agree. Megathreads are difficult to read.

• Upvote 2

Characterizing the first post edits as misleading is pretty insulting, as topic starter.

I think anyone who has followed this thread knows the very first mention of “v13” and “high performance” was known since last November. Inmotion’s mid-July announcement just confirmed the speculation as true, hence the “confirmed” title change.

I don’t like megathreads too but the active users on this forum seem to prefer reading and writing to one megathread rather than traversing the forum topic links.

• Like 3

• Mango changed the title to Inmotion V13 Speculation
13 minutes ago, daniel1234 said:

Wow, so much hype around yet non-existing wheel. I hope they will show at 11 august more then 3D render or naked construction.

No worries. I doubt Inmotion will be upstaged again for the same wheel. One Master should be enough. 🙂

Edited by techyiam

55 minutes ago, daniel1234 said:

Wow, so much hype around yet non-existing wheel. I hope they will show at 11 august more then 3D render or naked construction.

Wait. Next Thursday? I thought they will release more stuff this week? 

Getting confused. 

Anone have a solid date when the next speculation inmotion tickle-teaser will be out? :wacko:

1 minute ago, onizukagto said:

Anone have a solid date when the next speculation inmotion tickle-teaser will be out?

They promised to release today one more teaser and then the full release on 11.8.

• Like 3