3 minutes ago, NuRxG said:

I have an RS torque, I can answer questions if anyone has. I know a thing or two about EUCs.

would you be able to do a range test going ~25kph? I'd like to know the range going at a moderate speed. Ty

16 minutes ago, NuRxG said:

Tbh, no. I really hate riding long distances, that kind of riding makes me actively unhappy. Thats why i got the torque version :laughbounce2:

I understand :efefe00999: 

You'd be better off measuring your wh/km riding the way you want to ride, with your bodyfat, and backpack, and then math it out to any wheel on the market. There isn't gonna be a massive wh/km difference across wheels.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, NuRxG said:

Tbh, no. I really hate riding long distances, that kind of riding makes me actively unhappy. Thats why i got the torque version :laughbounce2:

Me too which is why I'm hesitant on plunking cash down on the Sherman with all its accolades. I have a hard time (or rather my knees&feet) running out the range on the Tesla 1480 so baring any major changes, the RS is the next best thing at 2/3 the costs.

My question for you is how's the dihedral angle of the pedals? Even if you haven't seen the RShs live, there are pics online in direct comparo with the MSP. Would you say your RSht is similar to the RShs or more like the MSP?

They use same pedal hangers and same pedals for both, why you think there is a difference between RS Speed and RS Torque? 

Both RS have same pedal hight and angle and they are much lower than the MSP with stock 16° pedals and also lower with the new 10° Monster Pro pedals. 

The only open question is, has the RS the same 10° Pedal angle as the MSP with the same pedals? 

Interesting how many seem skeptical toward the lower pedals. I understand for off-road, but for street use low pedals should be more stable . As for turning it’s a matter of technique..

Edited by null

14 minutes ago, null said:

Interesting how many seem skeptical toward the lower pedals. I understand for off-road, but for street use low pedals should be more stable . As for turning it’s a matter of technique..

Speedyfeet in his V11 1000 km review today mentions how higher pedals are bad for handling. I’d agree with that. So lower pedals maybe not ideal for off-road but great for the street. 

• Like 1

The RST and RSS have the same hangers. 

The shell is clearly designed to fit hanger with the original spec, and there is empty space above the longer hanger.

The pedals are pretty flat.

The pedals also dont mate up well with the hangers, only contacting at the very bottom. Murland said this wont hold up long term, and designed a modifier bracket which 1) increases angle to be like MSP 2) Makes the surfaces mate better. He has them in a few sizes, and i filed mine down to reduce the angle as i prefer flatter stuff. With my little bit of angle bump/hanger reinforcement, I'm only 1/2" below the msp on the outer edges.

But i really don't think these are too low, but I'm not very picky. I also avoid leaning the wheel on turns (z10 tactics), and i don't turn going super fast.

Edited by NuRxG
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, gon2fast said:

Opinion. A proficient rider should be able to adapt to a wheel at any pedal height. 

For sure, every wheel has its 'character' & we as riders need to adapt (or not) which accounts for our preferences.

I have a sneak suspicion the RS's lower pedal angle is more for comfort though. As it is, the RS is an inch (I read) wider than the MSP & correspondingly, the aggressive dihedral angle would affect comfort much more. IIRC the RS's pedals seems quite similar to the Sherman's & no one complains about lack of "offroad" angled pedals despite it being equipped with factory knobbies. And for sure, few complains about its comfort or lack thereof.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Waulnut said:

would you be able to do a range test going ~25kph? I'd like to know the range going at a moderate speed. Ty

i've tried both and always get a bit more range from the torque version

• Like 3

This RS height pedal change surprise me negatively. Special my EUC experience is based on V10F 16X and now MSP 2500W.

After i switch MSP(old small footplates) to nylonove pedals/footplates i scrape ground more often and i no like that GRRRRRRR sound and feel.

Lucky i never fall or lost balance because scraping in hard turns ,maybee because nylonove have safe/round/circle corners.

RS i see like naturaly ubgrade after MSP 2500W getting old or high mileage.

For me personaly higher pedals always better this is my preference i fully respect opinions from riders who like/prefer lower/close pedals to ground.

Everybody ride in diferent conditions terrain and style.

Example V11 have "extreme" high pedals(based on pressure) and nobody cry/complain about this like deal braker for me RS lower heigh is actualy dealbraker (if we have still choice buy "old" MSP 2500w shops have stock still).

I was in first RS released week sad because i buy "OLD MSP  2500" after realize this diferences RS vs MSP i am like i have "old/classic MSP".     

• Like 3

copy/paste a message i sent to people asked me about pedals:

i've talked to GW and they confirmed they did lower the pedals for high speed stability but they will listed to customers feedback and maybe made some changes in the future.
It's maybe 1inch difference, easy fix, they need only modify pillars.

i've already talked to some users with RS and they confirmed increased stability at high speed and a bit less nimbleness, not a big deal overall just rider preference i think ;)

still waiting for my RS

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, EMA said:

i've talked to GW and they confirmed they did lower the pedals for high speed stability

Yes, absolutely credible :rolleyes:, that's why they only thought about it after years of building the MSuper and the new RS housing is built the same way that a shorter pedal hanger would fit. :efeed51798:Everything so wanted and no mistake. Yeah, for sure, we should believe what they say!!! Also, due to Corona's lack of manpower, the marketing department failed to mention this important new safety feature.
The MSP with the 16 degree ankle joint killing pedals was also a safety feature and now suddenly less than 10° is safer? :thumbup:

• Like 2

The information about the big bearings in the hollow motor is worth noting:

Inside is a huge bearing 61824 2RS.

A pair of these bearings weighs 1.2-1.3kg. The second negative is the cost of such bearings. They're terribly expensive.

Over 1kg weight just from the bearings!

25 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

The information about the big bearings in the hollow motor is worth noting:

Over 1kg weight just from the bearings!

Holy moly. I'd still go with a hollow bore any day though.
With some luck they might source something lighter later on, we probably dont need the strength of 1.2Kg of steel.

Edited by null

8 minutes ago, null said:

I'd still go with a hollow bore any day though.

Definitely! Allows bigger cables, and is much neater. And made from aluminium entirely! I'm sure they can figure out a way to save some weight later.

Edited by meepmeepmayer
  • Like 1