Some people need a notarized document, otherwise they would rather believe an AliExpress seller who wants to sell his 1st batch models to a gullible person. Someone should tell him that this place here is full of people who would pay $500 more if they could still get an RS, which is much safer. :roflmao:

• Like 2

Mostly I'm absolutely envious of ppl living in mediterranean climes but once in a blue, I'm kinda glad I'm in a Northern Temperature zone where excepting the odd days, riding season is basically over. This is one of those times. It would certainly be nerve racking if I must have a wheel & need to decide now.

Luckily for me, I can wait for the 2nd/3rd batch of RS's before doing anything. That said, I'd much rather be outside in the sun & heat but it is what it is. Best of luck to the peeps taking the dive now.

36 minutes ago, Scottie888 said:

Mostly I'm absolutely envious of ppl living in mediterranean climes but once in a blue, I'm kinda glad I'm in a Northern Temperature zone where excepting the odd days, riding season is basically over. This is one of those times. It would certainly be nerve racking if I must have a wheel & need to decide now.

Luckily for me, I can wait for the 2nd/3rd batch of RS's before doing anything. That said, I'd much rather be outside in the sun & heat but it is what it is. Best of luck to the peeps taking the dive now.

Appreciate that, this my first wheel. Once it's not half as bad as the KS s18 I think I'll be okay.

Also wondering if it's just a pedal hanger length adjustment that leads to the supposedly higher height on the new batches. Asking for a noob.

1 hour ago, /Dev/Null said:

Hm, I did some rides back when I was commuting from the garage -> office (1km) at real temp of -15 to -17c and windo of 20-30km/h.  That was pretty cold though :)  Walking would have sucked worse :)

You got me there. Anything below -5c with snow & ice, I'm staying indoors or in the car! Otherwise, I take the Mten3 out every chance I get. For whatever reason, this lil' wheel does amazing in inclement weather & heavier winds don't seem to faze it much either.

Love the Mten3 the more I ride it. But yaa I agree, walking sucks no matter the weather😅

10 hours ago, Simply_Striking said:

Also wondering if it's just a pedal hanger length adjustment that leads to the supposedly higher height on the new batches. Asking for a noob.

in this case yes, they will change pillars rising pedals a bit ;)

• Like 1

Too many gotway wheels.. Too many versions of versions of models.. I would like to know how this is confirmed other than hearsay. I would like to get the high pedal version or the "gotway/begode rs hs(c30) hp( high pedal)" as I really enjoyed the higher pedal height on my tesla compared to the older v3's lower pedal height as maneuverability to me is more important than feeling stable at high speeds which I do regardless of pedal height.

I might have to wait with ordering until I can find a trustworthy seller on aliexpress claiming to have the high pedal version as the one I was about to order from is claiming there is no high pedal version in existence. 

Edit: after further research and seeing close-up pictures of the shell and pedal hanger it's obvious that one can just buy shorter pedal hangers once they become available on aliexpress and swap them it just requires knowledge of taking apart and putting together wheels.. It could be done while also changing tire/inner tube in the future and with that in mind I just put in my order. 

Edited by xiiijojjo
  • Like 2

@xiiijojjo I agree it does seem a tad convoluted, at least on the surface. That said we biaatch when GW doesn't listen to their customers & yet, this time when they do, we still.......😂!

To quote an oldie (but goodie) Ricky Nelson's song, Garden Party...."You see, ya can't please everyone, so ya got to please yourself"

Yet I still agree that oft times, Chinese companies (& also others I assume) bring a lot of grief upon themselves & their customers by their lack of communications or at the very least, the lack of clarity in communications. It woulda been so much better if they released an official company statement on their website or social media instead of leaving it to their dealers/resellers to individually add to the confusion of will they won't they. Or worse, if they will...they will what?

In some things, the Chinese mfgrs do so well & yet in others, its almost like watching the Flintstones 🙄. O well all's we can do is hope I guess

• Like 3

It would seem with the new hollow motor if there is enough space above the hanger they could just add two mounting positions and let every decide what they like. Looking at pics of the msp and rs next to each, it seems like an inch or less difference in height. I think a two position hanger would make most of happy.

If not I'd rather have them higher up but I like off road riding. 

8 hours ago, Flying W said:

It would seem with the new hollow motor if there is enough space above the hanger they could just add two mounting positions and let every decide what they like. Looking at pics of the msp and rs next to each, it seems like an inch or less difference in height. I think a two position hanger would make most of happy.

I think that would satisfy most of us.  Passing along the choice to the end-user so we can make the decision of pedal height would be great.  If they do not do this, I bet there will definately be aftermarket pedal hangers with options for pedal height and maybe even pedal angle adjustments.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Flying W said:

If not I'd rather have them higher up but I like off road riding. 

Only a second hole for the pedal axle is technically not possible, because then you can´t fold it in the lower position.

3 hours ago, Simply_Striking said:

Looking for a cheap stand to park this wheel on , any suggestions?

I am thinking of making a pvc pipe one. 

7 hours ago, Simply_Striking said:

Looking for a cheap stand to park this wheel on , any suggestions?

You could assemble three bits of plank to a |_| shape, that generally does the trick. If it needs to avoid a pedal hanger you can add some support spacer on the sides.

• 2 weeks later...
22 hours ago, EMA said:

arrived mine today, really good impressions

Honestly excepting the standard GW/BG free no charge "premium" level QC, I've heard/read very little derogatories on the RS.

Anyhoos, unless you're planning an Agatha Christie novel, please spare us the suspenseful plot & give us the full monty. The good the bad & the ugly. Esp in direct comparo to your MSPt 👍😁

• Like 2

I got my RS(t) on Friday night, massive winter snowstorm on Saturday. Five days of winter riding, severe snow and ice, -17 to -3 ambient temps, about 50km so far, this thing rocks in the snow and cold, best wheel for winter I've ridden by a country mile. Previous winter wheels were V8, ACM, ACM2, 18XL. I love being able to hammer through or over snowdrifts I used to get off and walk around.  Easy to keep it upright on the slippery sections. The huge pedals let me position my feet wherever they need to be. Battery life has been awesome in the cold. To work and back (13km round trip) and still at 100% when starting with max-charge.

:wub: this wheel for winter commuting.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, winterwheel said:

I got my RS(t) on Friday night, massive winter snowstorm on Saturday. Five days of winter riding, severe snow and ice, -17 to -3 ambient temps, about 50km so far, this thing rocks in the snow and cold, best wheel for winter I've ridden by a country mile. Previous winter wheels were V8, ACM, ACM2, 18XL. I love being able to hammer through or over snowdrifts I used to get off and walk around.  Easy to keep it upright on the slippery sections. The huge pedals let me position my feet wherever they need to be. Battery life has been awesome in the cold. To work and back (13km round trip) and still at 100% when starting with max-charge.

:wub: this wheel for winter commuting.

Awesome! You Deadmonton guys are indeed mean mountain men for sure👍!We cowdudes like to hibernate infront of the fireplace in that kinda weather😋.

Calgary got its share as well but somewhat milder. I managed to get a bit of riding (to Walmart of all places + abit of side trips) on the Mten3 as the roads cleared up abit to 0c or so. Right now as I look out the window, we got 'bout 2" of the white fluffies everywhere. 

Boy am I jealous of the Cali & Floridian Snowbirds.

I'm jealous of you guys that have received your wheels already, I'm still waiting - I'm hoping it will arrive next week sometime (but it could be the week after).  On the bright side it is approaching summer in this part of the world, so there should be some really good riding weather for me to learn how to ride an EUC.

• Like 1