Instead of weight savings just for the sake of it (which btw is always a good thing), I'd much rather they find ways & means to lower the Center of Gravity which would have significant benefits to stability including the wobbles (or lack thereof). Maybe split the single battery pack into 2 so they can fit in the lower compartments?

Sure agility/nimbleness might be affected but other benefits would trump it. Again I don't see much complaints re. the Sherman's lack of nimbleness but lots of accolades on its stability esp. at speed & on hard braking. & we're taking about a >80lbs wheel (as weighed on a digi scale I saw somewhere).

This RS is nowhere close to that heft so an extra kg would literally "disappear" if its placed strategically. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Over 1kg weight just from the bearings!

Were these bearings specifically made for this wheel or are they in use in another application?   I just wonder since there sometimes seem to be issues with bearings, even bearings already being used in other wheels, will they pass the test of being a new design.  If they already have a successful track record in other applications then maybe there will be no issues.  If in fact they were made for this new  motor then it will be interesting to see if they succeed.

Edited by Paradox

Goodbye CST-C186 or any other 2.75-14 knobby tire. 

Lifting the shell is not really a option. 

Now I can give up the hope that a new pedal hanger will solve my offroad problem with the RS and I will reactivate the order. 

The next problem is marked in red! There is no way that a 2.75-14 knobby tire (K262 or CST-C186) will fit into this case without major modification. 🤮

Then I will keep my new MSP. Sorry Gotway, 2 steps up and 2 bigger steps down is not a nice Upgrade for a 1 month old MSP.

Screenshot-20201014-203114-You-Tube.jpg

Edited by buell47
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, NuRxG said:

If only they actually put bigger cables.

Baby steps! At least now nothing is stopping them...:whistling:

(Yes you're absolutely right.)

1 hour ago, Paradox said:

Were these bearings specifically made for this wheel or are they in use in another application?

Seems to be a standard part, just google their designation "61824-2RS". I don't think you have to worry about quality the slightest in such an important, standardized thing like a ring bearing.

Edited by meepmeepmayer
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, buell47 said:

Are they serious now? 

A fake beeper above the RS light and the real beeper is inside the wheel again? :shock2:

Monokoleso-Begode-RS-76.jpg

That is on the RS Speed, the RS Torque has a real beeper, its very loud.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, buell47 said:

Goodbye CST-C186 or any other 2.75-14 knobby tire. 

All clear! Murland says the tire fits anyway.

5 hours ago, NuRxG said:

That is on the RS Speed, the RS Torque has a real beeper, its very loud.

Are the beeper and the RS light/Logo properly sealed between the shell or the same shit? 

But it doesn't change anything, I have now canceled my order, I feel screwed if I would buy this wheel. Lower pedals, pedal angle more flat, bigger shell, lower shell and the shell protrudes too far forward at the bottom corner  (same problem Veteran has), fake beeper above the RS logo and real beeper inside housing again, big gap for dust and dirt between shell and RS logo, 2kg heavier....sounds not like an upgrade to my MSP anymore.  

Edited by buell47
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, buell47 said:

shell protrudes too far forward at the bottom corner  (same problem Veteran has)

this is someething i'm worried about (it's one of the thing i don't like about veteran)

• Like 2

Yes, Godway maybe will change the pedal hangers, but will not change the shell shape. I'm riding low psi (21-22psi) and this is the next big problem for offroad and going over obstacles and curbs. Don't want to compensate this issue a little bit with 3 Million psi and a rock hard tire. 

• Like 1

200 km english review from euc.sale

edit: He feels the lower pedals make it more stable with better handling and performance, which makes sense. He compares it to the Monster.

I prefer the lower pedals here and I’m glad gotway did that. I think ultimately manufacturers need to have pedal height adjustment for different user preferences, like the S18 does. 

Edited by shellac
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, buell47 said:

Are the beeper and the RS light/Logo properly sealed between the shell or the same shit? 

They are properly sealed on the Troque.

As for the shell protrusion, i understand your concern. On the s18 i bashed the frame corner on number of curbs, and it really bothered me. However for the RS it hasn't been an issue so far. I think this is for 3 reasons.

It is pretty high, higher than any curb you would bonk at speed.
It is angled away from the wheel, so the outside corners are much less likely to hit than if it was square.
There is still almost 2" of tire sticking past it.

If you're planning on hitting a 6" curb hard enough to bottom out, then you'll hit your shell. But i just don't think thats the reality. But sure, it would be nice to have more clearance there.

• Like 2

Gotway/Begode is literally in last-place when it comes to aesthetics--King Song w/ the S18, InMotion w/ the V11, Ninebot w/ the Z10, the new Veteran She-man, *all* are leagues better than this fugly design Gotway/Begode keep reusing and refuse to replace.

aesthetics is just an opinion, you can like or not and no one care about it ;) 

This is design is what let you make a crazy powerfull and performance wheel, people should stop whine about that in 2020, pretty annoying 

i like the gw design, to me s18 is really ugly, still it's not the reason why i choose a wheel instead another :)

• Like 3

10 hours ago, EMA said:

aesthetics is just an opinion, you can like or not and no one care about it ;) 

This is design is what let you make a crazy powerfull and performance wheel, people should stop whine about that in 2020, pretty annoying 

i like the gw design, to me s18 is really ugly, still it's not the reason why i choose a wheel instead another :)

True dat. Personally I was not fond of the MSX/P boxy heritage initially but it has since grown on me. Sides who's gonna notice what's btwn the legs (referring to the wheel ofcos😅) esp when I wizz by at 40mph other than It's a Bird...It's a Plane...It's Superwheel!🚀

Even with my Tesla (which IMHO isn't much of a looker either), I garner lots of attention as an EUC is like a 🛸 where I'm at & that's going 15-25mph on bike paths mostly. Heck even the fugly Mten3 gets lots of gasps going slow esp when I do the funny tricky stuff.

Got over EUC looks donkey ages ago & now, its only the performance & comfort that's important.

• Like 3

I don't mind a higher pedal just not the aggressive dihedral angle. Perhaps for most its ok but for some of us, its very uncomfortable at the very least & aggravates knee issues at worse. GW never marketed the either the MSX or MSP (ht or hs) & now, the RS as "offroad" wheels so @ugoaps is abso correct. There can't be one-wheel-to-rule-them-all so perhaps the best solution would be adjustable pedal height/s so we all make them suit our preferences.

@ugoaps maybe you should try the Ali stores. I'm sure some of them should still have 1st batch inventory.

• Like 2

Low pedals or high pedals.. It matters not. Well.. getting used to period is taking place when ever you hop on different EUC. I ride on higher placed pedals and they work fine. Love em. Tight curves are fun but all pedals will scrape when you push enough. Personally I would take higher placed pedals, but only cause I am used to em, but uncertain if that small difference in height matters much. Seems like waffling and misunderstanding. The RS was to replace MSP so putting the height back in sounds good idea. (to me) 

One more trick/hack that worked with MSP: turn the left and right pedal around in place and the angle of pedals are "normal"

I would be worried about changes too if I would have made pre purchase (yet I think they will make good/better product in general), but my main worry for RS are to other things that I would like to see improved from the previous MSP.

Edited by Tasku
typos

My RS has already shipped, I'm assuming it has the lower pedals.  I'm a newbie and will be learning on this wheel, so I'd guess that I'm better off with lower pedals for more stability.  For more experienced riders that are used to higher pedals, maybe it would be better to wait for the new production with higher pedals - less scraping during turns.  I would suspect that experienced riders would turn more aggressively than newbies like me, so they would be more likely to have an issue with scraping pedals than I would.

2 minutes ago, KiwiMark said:

My RS has already shipped, I'm assuming it has the lower pedals.  I'm a newbie and will be learning on this wheel, so I'd guess that I'm better off with lower pedals for more stability.  For more experienced riders that are used to higher pedals, maybe it would be better to wait for the new production with higher pedals - less scraping during turns.  I would suspect that experienced riders would turn more aggressively than newbies like me, so they would be more likely to have an issue with scraping pedals than I would.

In the same boat, I welcome the additional stability. Should have my wheel by early next week, remainder of safety gear gets here around the same time, cant wait to start learning.