10 hours ago, /Dev/Null said:

I prefer higher pedals for shaper turning & more offroad possibility.

4 hours ago, Sai said:

Ground clearance is a issue for turning especially offroad. 

You can always go for the high torque RS that has the high pedals. If you like off-road so much, I don't know why you look for physical off-road characteristics in a road model like the RS HS. If you are so interested in off-road, I don't know why you look at a wheel without torque and that reaches 68km / h. I insist, RS HS must have low pedals, for everything else there is already RS HT

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, ugoaps said:

You can always go for the high torque RS that has the high pedals. If you like off-road so much, I don't know why you look for physical off-road characteristics in a road model like the RS HS. If you are so interested in off-road, I don't know why you look at a wheel without torque and that reaches 68km / h. I insist, RS HS must have low pedals, for everything else there is already RS HT

I agree if I liked off road so much I should go for a HT version. But I prefer to ride on the road. However why would I want to restrict my wheel to road only? And when I see a video like the one attached( the guy scrapes pedals when on the road (3 mins 30 sec in video) ) it puts me right off. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Sai said:

I agree if I liked off road so much I should go for a HT version. But I prefer to ride on the road. However why would I want to restrict my wheel to road only? And when I see a video like the one attached( the guy scrapes pedals when on the road (3 mins 30 sec in video) ) it puts me right off. 

Honestly, I'd rather not be able to make tight turns in exchange for high-speed stability. Driving quietly at 60km / h without wobbling is much more important

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, ugoaps said:

Honestly, I'd rather not be able to make tight turns in exchange for high-speed stability. Driving quietly at 60km / h without wobbling is much more important

I don't know how these people are riding, I do tight turns with low pedals all the time.
Offroad, sure, high pedals, or if your life is carving, maybe, but for fast street use I'd think stability is the most useful feature.

There are two versions of the RS, they might as well take the approach all the way out.

Edited by null
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, null said:

I don't know how these people are riding, I do tight turns with low pedals all the time.
Offroad, sure, high pedals, or if your life is carving, maybe, but for fast street use I'd think stability is the most useful feature.

There are two versions of the RS, they might as well take the approach all the way out.

Pedals dip too on batch 1. Unless firmware fixed in next batches lower padels may be an option then. 

55 minutes ago, Sai said:

Pedals dip too on batch 1. Unless firmware fixed in next batches lower padels may be an option then. 

I'd rather have the pedal dip fixed than working around it. Besides for batch 1 done is done.
They could even take it as a hint to consider FW updates to avoid such issues.

Edited by null

I don't know where ppl get the firm theory that one cannot make tight turns/maneuvers with lower pedals. I currently have a Tesla V2 as my road wheel & sure, its not as nimble nor as tight handling as my Mten3 but I do serious tight turns on it. For those not in the know, IIRC the Tesla has the lowest pedal height of 16" & up wheels.

That said, I do agree that the Tesla is hardly the best for offroad. The S18 beats it by a mile but even then, the pedals are no where close to being optimal esp in tight technical MTB trails.

For a road based wheel (which the RShs by definition is), I believe comfort & stability far outweighs its negatives. Like @ugoaps wrote, there is no one wheel that can do everything for everyone. 

Edited by Scottie888
  • Like 1

Apologies in advance, also this may not be topic specific. Full disclaimer I am new to the EUC scene. One does not buy a Honda Civic to commute to work and then also expect it to set amazing lap times and be a beast of road. If you want to do that but the vehicle that's best suited for the intended purpose. I think euc's are the same, I do not ever think there will be 1 wheel that will dominate I'm every ridding scenario. Just buy the wheel that best suits you.

1 hour ago, Scottie888 said:

there is no one wheel that can do everything for everyone. 

There could be.. I mean imagine if they would let us adjust the pedal height. While at it why not let us set the angle too. Such a easy thing to do with design, with few holes to move the metal between locking mechanism. But I gues we would not buy the other wheel then.. Just uncertain how it helps when we buy it from competitor. There is a new competitor in the game now that does take feedback.. they already made the current hype machine: Veteran Sherman. Imagine if they publish a fully customisable wheel with pedal height/pedal angle adjust, smart bms, select battery size, easy tire replace.. dare I even say.. suspension that is not cheap air design? Can't wait to see what happens in the market.

eucservice.com confirms that the first version of RS HS with the low pedals is no longer manufactured:

"Dear Hugo,

You can make order only C30 new model with high pedals as in MSP C30.

Old model is no longer produced.

Best regards,
EUCservice"

:(

• Like 2

On 10/20/2020 at 1:20 PM, ugoaps said:

How do you know the RS Torque is coming with high pedals, source?

I've already got an order in for the RS HT from speedy feet and apparently they enroute (still 4 - 5 weeks out though) I doubt they have changed the heights since i wouldn't of thought they purposefully made two different sized hangers since the two wheels are almost identical in every way.

I'd prefer to wait for the second batch where they have changed the pedals but i doubt speedyfeet will be putting in an order for batch two anytime soon. Not sure what to do about that now. 

6 minutes ago, NickNonsense said:

How do you know the RS Torque is coming with high pedals, source?

It doesn't, all of out RS Torques have low pedals. But i really don't understand everyeone's whining. I put sparker plates on mine, and i have to try so hard to hit them. 

I figured that, i just weren't sure if it was happening behind the scenes before any mention of the pedals being too low from the community came out. 

Its a bit concerning because i had scraped the bottoms of the MSP pedals and if they changing them back to what they oringal were on the MSP i want those and i feel i should be entitled to choose them if Gotway are changing them. 

3 hours ago, NuRxG said:

Anyone else get the bearing popping on their RS? Seems like I'm the only one so far.

I think you’re the only one on here who has the wheel unless some more come out of the woodwork

Whatever the changes in pedal height, hope they stick with the 1st batch dihedral angle or otherwise, I'll have to look for different fast wheel. Don't need the Sherman's range but that might be the best option if GW mucks around too much with this RShs 🥺

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NuRxG said:

The inner race of the bearing is too loose of a fit on the axle, so it slaps around. Ordered some loctite 680 and hopefully that'll shut it up. 

I guess this smol send was too much for it. Or maybe its not related to sends.

Serious question here, are you trying to launch your self into orbit?

3 minutes ago, Simply_Striking said:

Serious question here, are you trying to launch your self into orbit?

I went a little higher than i needed to, but the flat part after the first lip started collapsing into a landslide, so i really wanted to clear it. Its a hard jump to gauge as the lip is so steep and tall, and the landing is a step-up.

Regardless, there is a reason i got the torque version.

• Like 1

An aliexpress seller (Wheel Riders Store) denies me that Gotway will change the height of the pedals. I don't know who to believe anymore

IMG_20201022_105734.jpg

Edited by ugoaps
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, EMA said:

pedals pillars will be changed (high like msp) to both version (HT and HS) lower pillars will not be produced anymore .

the angle will be the same, same as RS now and latest batch of msp.

GW already confirmed that, they have stopped production to made this change

5 hours ago, Hansolo said:

Yes, I confirm

How do you know officially?