9 hours ago, EMA said:

less tendency to wobble

With the wobble I can not understand at all. I'm constantly riding aggressively at the limit with my MSP and that even offroad over the worst trails, roots, stones, potholes, bumps, ruts, tractor tracks, braking hard, etc. I never had the slightest problem with wobbles. What can be improved if it is already perfect? :confused1:

Low pedals is a stupid downgrade unless you buy a RS for highway commuting. :efee612b4b:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, buell47 said:

Low pedals is a stupid downgrade unless you buy a RS for highway commuting. :efee612b4b:

lol

i agree with you, that's why i'll switch to the higher version.
but i see also less experienced/skilled drivers having wobble issue, and this setting (like veteran) helps in that way.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, EMA said:

the motor has a whine sound, not much but it's not super quite like msp

I'm new to this, but my first impression was that this thing is loud, and when the fan turns on it is even louder. It doesn't bother me while ridding, but while trolling it in stores people hear it coming. And the beeps, to turn on, off or when settings change... It scares my soul out of my body everytime, even tho I'm prepared for it.

1 hour ago, Topkek said:

What have they done with the second batch in regards to the hollow motor?

nothing to the motor, they have changed the pillars to match pedal height to msp

20 minutes ago, Simply_Striking said:

I'm new to this, but my first impression was that this thing is loud, and when the fan turns on it is even louder. It doesn't bother me while ridding, but while trolling it in stores people hear it coming. And the beeps, to turn on, off or when settings change... It scares my soul out of my body everytime, even tho I'm prepared for it.

the fan is loud, specially in summer, if you want it quite you can put a noctua.
the motor whine is there, i'm not happy about that but is not so loud, some people didn't even notice it.

the buzzer ..... thanks god for that ;)

• Like 1

About RS / Hollow bore: Many (most?) EUCs have some level of motor vibration at certain speeds.
The larger ball bearings of hollow bore should (I suppose) hold the magnets more steadily versus the stator windings.

Have anyone (who got their RS) noticed whether there was less or no vibrations compared to their previous EUCs?

Just speculations here, could be purely windings jiggling around, but it doesn't seem to be at the same speed levels on all EUCs, so it could be combined with some structural imperfection. (my two 18XL don't do it at the same speeds)

1 hour ago, null said:

About RS / Hollow bore: Many (most?) EUCs have some level of motor vibration at certain speeds.
The larger ball bearings of hollow bore should (I suppose) hold the magnets more steadily versus the stator windings.

Have anyone (who got their RS) noticed whether there was less or no vibrations compared to their previous EUCs?

Just speculations here, could be purely windings jiggling around, but it doesn't seem to be at the same speed levels on all EUCs, so it could be combined with some structural imperfection. (my two 18XL don't do it at the same speeds)

Given I only have a few hundred miles on mine I experience zero vibration.

• Like 1

Just to be a bit contrarian, I think lower pedals are probably better for winter riding. Summer I'm good with whatever, but when you get onto ice I think lower pedals are a bit easier to keep upright.

Someday maybe this could be adjustable.

Edited by winterwheel
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, EMA said:

I agree with you, that's why i'll switch to the higher version.

I have written messages to a lot of sellers on aliexpress and all of them refuse the existence of a high pedal version of the rs19 hs. Only place I have seen a higher version mentioned is on this forum but I have not seen anything to confirm it yet. Can you please elaborate where you heard about this? 

As far as I understood there was lower pedals on the early HS version (to improve stability at high speed (yes some riders are so clever they don't need that)) but that was canceled after people complained and now they are back to classic high pedals for both versions.

Edited by null
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, xiiijojjo said:

I have written messages to a lot of sellers on aliexpress and all of them refuse the existence of a high pedal version of the rs19 hs. Only place I have seen a higher version mentioned is on this forum but I have not seen anything to confirm it yet. Can you please elaborate where you heard about this? 

@null already said, there's no difference in Speed and Torque version, GW lowered the pedals to increase stability at high speed.

All 1st batch RS has lower pedals, both HS and HT, after people complained they stopped production and change the pillars to match MSP design. If you have a 1st batch like me you can switch to the new pillars and raise the pedals.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, winterwheel said:

Just to be a bit contrarian, I think lower pedals are probably better for winter riding. Summer I'm good with whatever, but when you get onto ice I think lower pedals are a bit easier to keep upright.

Someday maybe this could be adjustable.

Is this why my lil' Mten3 seems to do seemingly, much better & perhaps much more fun in the cold & inclement weather. Being this is my 1st winter casual wheeling, I've been wondering why I seem to have the confidence to enjoy the little wheel that can instead of the big(ger) wheels. Also perhaps the ease of riding slow have something to do with it as well but whatever, the Mten3 is built for snow.

It would be awesome if there's a winter knobby option as well.

13 hours ago, EMA said:

GW lowered the pedals to increase stability at high speed.

I cannot agree with this. I'm sure that somebody at Gotway messed up and made a mistake with the pedal arm length and nobody noticed it even when assembling.

When the first complaints came in after delivery they were looking for an excuse to cover up such an embarrassing mistake and sell all the wrongly produced RS. The safety thing is an outstanding means that is at KingSong also again and again a popular excuse to put errors as an intended improvement. :roflmao:

• Like 2

On 11/13/2020 at 7:54 AM, EMA said:

nothing to the motor, they have changed the pillars to match pedal height to msp

the fan is loud, specially in summer, if you want it quite you can put a noctua.
the motor whine is there, i'm not happy about that but is not so loud, some people didn't even notice it.

the buzzer ..... thanks god for that ;)

Which noctua will replace the stock fan?

1 hour ago, Simply_Striking said:

Which noctua will replace the stock fan?

The noctua is much quieter, but the airflow is also much much much less. Just disconnecting the stock fan is probably the same. Can't imagine that the Noctua can cool down the Mosfets, because the fan location is total nonsens. 

The Noctua has a Air Flow of 9m³/h.

I tried a Sonun fan with 18m³/h Air Flow and even this was really nothing compared to the stock fan. 

I changed back to stock fan. 

11 hours ago, buell47 said:

The noctua is much quieter, but the airflow is also much much much less. Just disconnecting the stock fan is probably the same. Can't imagine that the Noctua can cool down the Mosfets, because the fan location is total nonsens. 

The Noctua has a Air Flow of 9m³/h.

I tried a Sonun fan with 18m³/h Air Flow and even this was really nothing compared to the stock fan. 

I changed back to stock fan. 

true, but some friends of mine already swap the fan and didn't notice any temperature difference

14 minutes ago, EMA said:

true, but some friends of mine already swap the fan and didn't notice any temperature difference

I believe it, as I said, the fan location and the type of fan is a real joke. 

The point was, just disconnect the fan and don't buy a even more useless Noctua fan, if the fan noise bother someone. :efee612b4b:

The Noctua can't do the job, but the original works a little bit. 

Edited by buell47
  • Like 1

I have gone without a fan in my GW Monster the entire summer, it doesn't matter much, the max heat reported stays around the same. The only difference is how quickly it cools down again.  A fan internally could never remove the heat generated by its own, that's why the entire backplate is aluminium and have rills on it, on the outside.

Could be that some of the other components generate heat tho, like the psu for the low voltages, the components would also last longer if kept cooler, so there's that as well :)

• Like 2