12 minutes ago, Mike Sacristan said:

The wheel came with a 2-3 degree forward pedal tilt. This combined with medium mode made it a bit tricky when riding irregular asphalt as bumps in succession make the pedals shift more and more eventually putting us on the balls of our feet / toes.

i think this is also related to lower height, on the same tilt a lower pedal shift backward more than the higher one.

That's why they are fixing firmware, i suppose they messed up something on the new motors (ex and rs)

13 minutes ago, Mike Sacristan said:

Definitely a nice floating feeling and what seemed like endless power and speed

yes :D :thumbup:

• Like 2

So after a ride I turned off and left my RS HS on its side( paint for the stand hasn't dried yet). It seemed fine. I came back a few hours later, and the 3 lights on the back were on along with the RS logo. I was able to turn it on, and ride it around and it seemed fine. Is this normal behavior for a gotway?

• Like 1

On 11/20/2020 at 2:01 PM, Simply_Striking said:

So after a ride I turned off and left my RS HS on its side( paint for the stand hasn't dried yet). It seemed fine. I came back a few hours later, and the 3 lights on the back were on along with the RS logo. I was able to turn it on, and ride it around and it seemed fine. Is this normal behavior for a gotway?

Same here!!! 😱

A short trip around my zone, then wheel left laying on the wall (not on his stand this time), and after 10 minutes, same RS logo on, and the three red dots flashing in the center of the back light.... 🤷🏻‍♂️
Seems the wheel were in the “music mode”, since I’ve tried to connect my phone and it works with playing some music.

Does anybody know what it should mean?

Thanks! :efef62fc70:

On 11/20/2020 at 2:01 PM, Simply_Striking said:

Ok, today I think I’ve solved this situation!

I think we had accidentally enabled the “transportation mode”, in some way....

The three red flashing dots in the back, and the red RS logo are the confirmation of the enabled mode....I presume! 😅

🏻

46 minutes ago, shellac said:

interesting to note Ian has had no bearing issues despite riding through the elements

Really feels like it is the luck of the draw on how well the bearings were sealed originally.  Given their likely price, QC is prob not perfect so some will have issues, others not.

On 11/26/2020 at 3:02 PM, shellac said:

interesting to note Ian has had no bearing issues despite riding through the elements

Bearing issues were only on HT version not HS apparently 

I'm hoping it's just chinese tolerances and some are good others let debris in, or some were not packed with grease....basically I'm hoping for anything that will give me a lucky break because I just ordered a HT RS :roflmao:

I still think if eWheels had an MSP in stock still o would have stayed with the tried n true bearing setup but I do like RS and I'm confident Jason and eWheels. I didn't want to buy from anyone else. 

I will update as the miles tick over. I don't jump off things or ride down stairs, but I do like off road riding. I also live an area that doesn't get much rain so I don't ride in wet conditions.

• Like 2

i've done more riding, just sharing some info about range:

saturday group ride: slow pace, some climbing, lot of offroad, 14° C, 93km gps, 35% battery left :w00t2:- https://euc.world/tour/592818197872317

cruising afternoon with my friend Rob on ks18L, 14° C, 53km gps, 65% battery left, 18L ended with 10% :P - https://euc.world/tour/592792055021152

this was "classic ride", some cruising and some burst, 50km gps, 50% battery left - https://euc.world/tour/592763545119160

• Like 2

1 hour ago, EMA said:

i've done more riding, just sharing some info about range:

saturday group ride: slow pace, some climbing, lot of offroad, 14° C, 93km gps, 35% battery left :w00t2:- https://euc.world/tour/592818197872317

cruising afternoon with my friend Rob on ks18L, 14° C, 53km gps, 65% battery left, 18L ended with 10% :P - https://euc.world/tour/592792055021152

this was "classic ride", some cruising and some burst, 50km gps, 50% battery left - https://euc.world/tour/592763545119160

@EMA, can you give us your personal opinion on how the RS19-HT compares to MSP-HT in terms of torque, smoothness, motor sound and range?

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, EMA said:

power output and torque feels exactly the same, climb mountains like nothing, range is great, the same imho

28 minutes ago, EMA said:

what is really different is power delivery

I'm little bit confused. 

What is the difference between power output / torque and power delivery

• Like 1

I was really surprised that my RS HS started giving me the 80% beeps at 69km/!! :w00t2: at less than 90% battery (on flat road) and as a person who does not push past the beeps this was amazing news to me considering i weigh 90kg and probably another 5-6kg with carbon helmet, gear and jacket!

Vee had a cut out at 79.5km/h on the RS HS so i tried to calculate which speeds i could expect at 80% using 79.5 as my 100% power draw figure.

My math went 79.5/100*80= 63.6km/h

Considering that she weighs considerably less than myself i was really surprised but don't worry i will not be using this surprising  80% top speed as an excuse to test the upper limits as i still expect it will cut out at around 80km/h. But it does seem like not all RS's are made the same both in respect to bearings and beeps, what is your experiences with 80% top speed?

Beyond that the hollow motor is just such a great advancement as loose pedal arms always quickly became an issue for my with other wheels and i have spent days in total tightening axle nuts several times. These pedal arms feel like they are welded to the motor because of how they are attached, so no more tightening of axle nuts! :clap3::laughbounce2:.
Also with lower PSI in the tube this wheel damn well feels like a suspension wheel compared to v3 and tesla considering i haven't tried one out and have fundamental issues with 2020 suspension and won't buy into it this was another welcomed surprise. I will get a xiaomi pump in a few days and can relay my psi then. 

It does have what i consider the default gotway whine - not too loud not too silent, i don't feel like upgrading my control board just to get less whine as i don't mind it and it actually warns people when i approach from behind at low speed. 

The only issue i had with my wheel was the fact that upon opening the wheel the motor wires were in a position that makes one wonder if gotway wants their costumer to die, so i placed them in a better position, also the rubber seal between that body and the side shells was out of place so i placed them correctly too. ALWAYS open up any new wheel before riding it! It is as important as gear and never riding beyond 80% beeps people!

All in all this a really nice release from gotway compared with what i have come to expect. Sure some bearing issues have been reported but let's give it some time to see if this is a regular occurrence. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, xiiijojjo said:

I was really surprised that my RS HS started giving me the 80% beeps at 69km/!! :w00t2: at less than 90% battery (on flat road) and as a person who does not push past the beeps this was amazing news to me considering i weigh 90kg and probably another 5-6kg with carbon helmet, gear and jacket!

Vee had a cut out at 79.5km/h on the RS HS so i tried to calculate which speeds i could expect at 80% using 79.5 as my 100% power draw figure.

My math went 79.5/100*80= 63.6km/h

I think your maths might be a little off.  The power draw is not linear with speed so you can NOT go thinking that you can go 25% faster than the speed at which your wheel is at 80% power.  You might well find that at 69kph you are at 80% power and at 79kph you are just about at 100% power because it takes that much more power to go 10kph faster.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, KiwiMark said:

I think your maths might be a little off. 

I'm sure you are right but there is no curve released by gotway for me to determine... well the power draw curve, so this was all i could think of to get some figure of reference. In any case it's not far off, but i am happy it's 69km/h instead of 63 :)

10 hours ago, buell47 said:

I'm little bit confused. 

What is the difference between power output / torque and power delivery

sorry, bad choise of words...my english sucks sometimes 

i mean in terms of performance they feels and act the same, when you accelerate/brake hard you'll get the same punch from both wheels, but in terms of sensations the RS is different , you never feel resistence, vibration, bearings and any others mechanical stuff, it's simply smoother.

some friends of mine after riding it say: it's like you are going downhill

• Like 3

I thought Gotway came out and put this issue to sleep by stating that both models were identical in specs and what not with the only difference being the hollow motor. 

Plus i'm think i may have a bearing issue. I'm hearing a constitant knock on the wheel whenever i ride. Can also feel it too. It was really pronounced after casually riding around the city with some friends yesterday.
I haven't heard it before, if its not the bearing then i not sure what it could be. 

9 hours ago, NickNonsense said:

I thought Gotway came out and put this issue to sleep by stating that both models were identical in specs and what not with the only difference being the hollow motor. 

Two motors even with identical specs rarely have the same performance characteristics, especially with such different form factors as hollow-bore vs non.

For those who are interested, I just caught this Russian (at least I think its Russian) vid on an RS bearing replacement. Chinese to NTN Japan quality. Don't know if its a big change but I'm assuming there is a difference. So there is a fix for it for those riding in inclement weather on a consistent basis. Seems like an easy fix but then everything seems pretty easy on an accelerated diy vid.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Scottie888 said:

<Russian vid on an RS bearing replacement>

So there is a fix for those riding in inclement weather

There are design issues here, beyond the issue of low-quality bearings... but I think these chaps have a good chance at a good outcome since they added (crude and heavy) external shields.

ACtC-3cO7yTa7B5Lw3L8C3MW5Tu3P5rZBJG3TnOd