The fact is that suspension offers some benefit, but not without cost - both in terms of price and also in weight.  If you feel the benefit of suspension would be worth that price & weight cost then fine, just realise it isn't a free benefit and you would have to accept those costs.  The EX is both very heavy and very expensive, for that money you can definitely get a wheel with more range and less weight.

The reason I have ordered an RS C30 is because I considered what I would get in exchange for what I had to pay.  I'm new to EUCs (I've never ridden one, but I've seen them on youtube!) and I definitely don't want to try learning on something that weighs what the EX does, I also don't want to spend EX money initially.  Once I learn to ride and get some experience in, I might consider a second wheel to meet whatever need my first wheel doesn't meet - that might mean a Sherman for more range or an MTen3 for more portability or a Monster Pro for a super stable long range wheel or a wheel with suspension for off-road riding.  It'll probably be a while before I get to the point of buying a 2nd wheel, so hopefully suspension wheels will have been improved & refined by the time I ever consider buying one.  The improvements and refinements would hopefully reduce reliability and servicing issues associated with the greater complexity of having suspension components.

Anyone buying a suspension wheel today is volunteering to be a guinea pig for the new technology.  You have to know that future suspension wheels will be better than current ones and early adopters will always pay a hefty premium for being one of the first using a new thing.

• Like 1

So reviewer says the Torque motor magnets are 3.8 cm wide and the Speed motor magnets are 3 cm wide. Does the 0.8cm really make a significant difference?

40 minutes ago, Waulnut said:

So reviewer says the Torque motor magnets are 3.8 cm wide and the Speed motor magnets are 3 cm wide. Does the 0.8cm really make a significant difference?

Thats 26% larger, so they should hold a larger force since they are a bigger magnet, but they also take more energy to spin .  

3 hours ago, Waulnut said:

Yeah that’s what the c30 and c38 denotes, the width of the magnet in mm. 

Can anyone tell me how tall that trolley handle is on the MSX/MSP/RS in cm? Is it exactly the same as the old MsuperV3, that has the same shell/body? I had the MsuperV3 some years ago, and remember it was just a little too low to comfortably move around. Now I am spoiled by the lovely handle of the KS18XL.

18 minutes ago, EMA said:

85cm from ground to handle ;)

Thank you! :)

7 hours ago, shellac said:

Yeah that’s what the c30 and c38 denotes, the width of the magnet in mm. 

Wow it did not register until you said it 😅😅. Something new learned. 

This is great review. 
Shared similiar viewpoints on the MSP and sure will enjoy the RS HT when it arrives. 

The only thing that reallys annoys me about this wheel, and its everytime i see it. Its that rubber seal that covers the two power connectors and the usb. Why not make the rubber seal a little larger to cover all the buttons, inlcuding the power button or replace the power button with a weatherproofed one. 

To turn on or off the wheel you'll have to be (and want to be) Stationary. So having it underneath the large rubber seal would be of no disadvantage to the user. Unless i am missing something?

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, NickNonsense said:

This is great review. 
Shared similiar viewpoints on the MSP and sure will enjoy the RS HT when it arrives. 

The only thing that reallys annoys me about this wheel, and its everytime i see it. Its that rubber seal that covers the two power connectors and the usb. Why not make the rubber seal a little larger to cover all the buttons, inlcuding the power button or replace the power button with a weatherproofed one. 

To turn on or off the wheel you'll have to be (and want to be) Stationary. So having it underneath the large rubber seal would be of no disadvantage to the user. Unless i am missing something?

I would have preferred a weatherproofed button. Having it covered by that large cover would be cumbersome and I guess it would be more wear and tear on the rubber as well. At least for those that takes many smaller trips - including myself. :)

1 hour ago, rolauk said:

I would have preferred a weatherproofed button. Having it covered by that large cover would be cumbersome and I guess it would be more wear and tear on the rubber as well. At least for those that takes many smaller trips - including myself. :)

2 hours ago, NickNonsense said:

Why not make the rubber seal a little larger to cover all the buttons, inlcuding the power button or replace the power button with a weatherproofed one. 

FWIW if you've ever sourced that style individual 16mm momentary power button component mfrs often use for EUC, it IS technically waterproof all by its lonesome :lol:

19 minutes ago, Simply_Striking said:

Also the 80% beeps, does Gotway automatically adjust this to battery level?

It's 80% power regardless for this reason: so it will decline according with decline in battery voltage, not some arbitrary stock static number.

• Like 1

Just what I thought, this is sorta GW's iteration of the custom EUCservice's MSS, just ~$1k cheaper but ofcos ~500ah less juice. Seems like THE GW city machine to own unless ofcos, the 1800wh isn't enough. I thought I wanted the Sherm but I can't even come close to busting the range on a Tesla 1480 so what's the point. Even if I had somewhere to go, my knees wouldn't hold out.

Am thinking I really lucked out & got into this hobby at the right time this year (likely wouldn't have happened if it weren't for the wuflu lockdown so am kinda conflicted😬). New models new specs new abilities spouting everywhere every moment so it seems to be an exciting time. Now I've to start budgeting for this. Sping '21 gonna be fun.

PS:  I want the Russian model/s of the RS. The one's we get here in Canada seems so lacking incomparo. Wonder if they can imported...wait, isn't there some mailorder service😅

Edited by Scottie888
  • Like 1

On 10/4/2020 at 8:06 PM, Waulnut said:

☝️☝️☝️☝️Need I say more???☝️☝️☝️☝️

🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰

41 minutes ago, KiwiMark said:

What comes with the Russian model?

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, shellac said:

Good video to brush up on your Korean. TIL the RS stands for “racing sports”. 

pedals clearance is obviously lower than standard MSP/MSX  as the guy scraped the pedals easily with that turn ....

On 10/9/2020 at 3:49 AM, Steve Jo said:

pedals clearance is obviously lower than standard MSP/MSX  as the guy scraped the pedals easily with that turn ....

unfortunately :/ 
There is talk of Begode replacing the hangers.

Edited by NickNonsense
  • Like 1

On 10/6/2020 at 12:28 AM, Simply_Striking said:

2 questions, is this wheel 60lbs as stated by ewheels? Also the 80% beeps, does Gotway automatically adjust this to battery level?

The 80% beeps are a straightforward battery charge (voltage) dependend speed limit:

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Grooveman64 said:

Finally a detailed RS review from someone who owned many wheels and a talented rider...🙂

https://oneradwheel.com/review-gotway-rs-euc-speed-version/

NICE, thank you for sharing, hoping that jimmy  does a video review based on the article.

Edited by WILSON-YT