Daayam! I can already feel the RShs calling out to me!! Besides the looks (which is subjective & largely irrelevant when its btwn the legs anyways), the trolley is the only thing GW didn't fix. Otherwise this RS is what the MSP shoulda been day1 esp since its at the same price point.

Perhaps its a sign that GW is finally listening to their customers? Regardless I can't wait to see some reviews on the actual machine. I woulda place a pre-order now but where I am, there's gonna be a coupla feet of the white fluffy stuff by the time it gets built, shipped & delivered to the porch so I mites well wait for the impressions from the folks in the sunnier parts of the globe.

I'm sure the torque version will have great acceleration but I'm very curious how much (torque) the 2600w motor will bring to the speed version. It would be awesome if the RShs is anywhere close to the MSS😁.

2 minutes ago, NickNonsense said:

Kinda pissed I ordered the MSP now. Its only 2 weeks old and this week its been sent back to the seller for repair. 

Seen the RS version on the sellers site now too. 

The MSP didn't get any worse, the RS still has no suspension, and just wait until the RS first production batch problems inevitably appear:D

The MSP being faulty from the start is nasty though...

Did you ask your seller if you can exchange for an RS?

My MSP was faulty from the box. I had to send it back for repair. 

@meepmeepmayer I was trying for a replacement to be sent to me instead of going through the hassle of sending it back and having a repair then the thought of the unit being essentially a refurb unit. Waiting for it come back again 😪 

I'm not too happy about that. With the money I spent i like a working unit from the box. 

Trying to give this back for a exchange would practically be impossible i feel

Anyone want a MSP?

Seriously ......anyone? 

Edited by NickNonsense

I too was waiting for a High-Speed MSP to arrive, when I heard about the Rs.  eWheels graciously agreed to apply my deposit to the Rs instead.  I am hoping they will have them available to us in the next 30 days or so, but I am also a little nervous about production issues with the first batch.  Anybody hear of a realistic timeline for their availability? 

39 minutes ago, Augus said:

I bought MSP, 4 days later the RS came out, and they accepted the change. However I am concerned about being from the first batch.

While its always riskier to be the guinea pig 1st batchers, personally me thinks you're gonna do fine. The RS is for all intent & purposes, an upgraded MSP. Since its a "new" motor, the worse case scenario is a faulty controller which for GWs, seems to be an easier replacement fix than most. Other than that, all mechanical internals are derived from the MSP.

Its nothing like the new from bottom up V11s & S18 with all of their birthing problems.

• Like 1

I had put some miles on the unit already before it went back though. 

The seller had me attempt a repair myself under the advice from Gotway. Seller then told me I could keep riding it until they arranged a courier to collect it. 

It was sent back clearly used. So im not sure where I would stand. 

Edited by NickNonsense

Hi,

I have bought the RS and the seller says that the C30 (speed version) will be the first to be produced, and that the C38 (torque version) will take longer. I do routes 50% on flat terrain, and 50% off-road through mountains. If the RS C30 is going to have the same poor torque as the MSX I would go for the C38 for sure, but it is something I do not know. What would you do, C38 or C30?

10 hours ago, Augus said:

Hi,

I have bought the RS and the seller says that the C30 (speed version) will be the first to be produced, and that the C38 (torque version) will take longer. I do routes 50% on flat terrain, and 50% off-road through mountains. If the RS C30 is going to have the same poor torque as the MSX I would go for the C38 for sure, but it is something I do not know. What would you do, C38 or C30?

If it were me (& its a BIG IF) & if my normal cruising is btwn 25-45kph & if I weigh >100kg & if it was pre-RS, I'd likely go with the MSPht (or perhaps the V11) for the stated type of riding. Now with both RS's equipped with 2600w motors, I think I'd go with the RShs C30. No guarantee ofcos but I'd think the 2600w motor will bring alot more torque (than the 2000w MSX) to the table.

For me, there's nothing like the exhilaration of doing 60+kph on an open road if only for short bursts. As usual YMMV

On 9/18/2020 at 5:48 PM, Scottie888 said:

Now with both RS's equipped with 2600w motors

Ewheels list the RShs as having a 2000w motor...

In fact, apart from the hollow axle (which is awesome btw) I'm not convinced that the RShs motor is any different to the old MSX. Particularly when a later board can be made to give 61mph no load speed on an old MSX motor, or basically a 4mph gain across the board, including the 80% beep level.

Whether the new board also increases torque on the MSX motor I am not sure. Those that have the conversion say it feels stronger, but I am yet to get mine. When I do, I will try to quantify.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, EMA said:

from my exp the MSP hs has a "tiny bit more" compared to msx 100v

I would hope it does! The MSP has a bigger motor and different firmware.

It's the difference between the motors on the RS high speed and the MSX that I'm not convinced about (other than the hollow bore).

2 hours ago, Planemo said:

I would hope it does! The MSP has a bigger motor and different firmware.

It's the difference between the motors on the RS high speed and the MSX that I'm not convinced about (other than the hollow bore).

the msx and the msp speed share the same c30 magnets, the torque is c38 a lot wider with more torque (10km/h less top speed)

On 9/17/2020 at 6:20 PM, Augus said:

I bought MSP, 4 days later the RS came out, and they accepted the change. However I am concerned about being from the first batch.

Hola Augus!

Where did you buy the MSP?

I’m waiting since August 11th but I don’t have news and trakking. I don’t know if I can do the same than you.

Regards.

50 minutes ago, Odie said:

Hola Augus!

Where did you buy the MSP?

I’m waiting since August 11th but I don’t have news and trakking. I don’t know if I can do the same than you.

Regards.

If you havent recieved it yet, just ask for it to be swapped over the RS. Has your MSP been shipped?

• Like 1

23 hours ago, NickNonsense said:

If you havent recieved it yet, just ask for it to be swapped over the RS. Has your MSP been shipped?

If supposed departs from china 35 days ago, but it isn’t still in Europe. I will ask.

2 hours ago, Augus said:

Chicway

Thanks.

The prelim specs for the Rs showed a 2600-watt motor for both the High-Speed and High-Torque variants.  However, when additional info started showing up on the some of the leading US retailer websites, they were indicating only 2000 watts for the high-speed unit vs 2600-watts for only the high-torque unit.  eWheels just let me know today that the latest info from GW is back to the original specs of 2600-watts for BOTH variants and their website has been updated accordingly.  https://www.ewheels.com/product/new-gotway-rs-19-100v-1800wh-battery/ 

I am definitely psyched to have the higher wattage motor in the high-speed unit and thinking it should help with torque.  

The prelim specs for the Rs showed a 2600-watt motor for both the High-Speed and High-Torque variants.  However, when additional info started showing up on the some of the leading US retailer websites, they were indicating only 2000 watts for the high-speed unit vs 2600-watts for only the high-torque unit.  eWheels just let me know today that the latest info from GW is back to the original specs of 2600-watts for BOTH variants and their website has been updated accordingly.  https://www.ewheels.com/product/new-gotway-rs-19-100v-1800wh-battery/ 

I am definitely psyched to have the higher wattage motor in the high-speed unit and thinking it should help with torque.  

• Like 1